Kmac33's WRX Mod-itis

This is a discussion on Kmac33's WRX Mod-itis within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So tomorrow I will have owned my WRX for 2 months. As is the case with every vehicle I own, ...

Kmac33's WRX Mod-itis

So tomorrow I will have owned my WRX for 2 months. As is the case with every vehicle I own, mod-itis took hold pretty much immediately.
    Here is the damage so far
    Starting point: 2013 WRX Base model in World Rally Blue
    Interior Mods: Sun roof, Heated seats, Powered sub-woofer (Subaru), Satellite radio, cargo tray, cargo net, rear cup holder, auto dimming mirror with Homelink, one touch turn signal module, extendable arm rest, SPT boost gauge, Prova D Alcantera steering wheel and to top off the interior mods so far - JPM Coachworks Upgrades of Alcantera: shift boot, emergency brake boot, center arm rest padded cover, door arm rests, gauge cover and dash board. Joe and Alex are great guys producing top of the line products! Talk about upgrading the quality of the interior!
    Here is a picture of the dash swap out in process. Alex and I knocked it out from start to finish in about 2.5 hours.

Prova wheel and the finished dash.

Boots.

Door arm rest.

Center arm rest.

Exterior mods: Fog lights, front lip, exhaust finisher, Cobb plate delete,, 30% window tint (all windows tinted with ceramic tint - including windshield at 0% - huge reduction in interior heat), WRX in side badges painted body color, partial debadge.

Exterior shots.

Performance mods: SPT short throw shifter and SPT shifter bushings, SPT cat back exhaust.
    Cobb stage 2 package is now at the top of the mods priority list!

So far I am loving my first Subaru!
    Last edited by kmac33; 06-27-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Kevin
    2013 WRB WRX Base, with growing list of mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Not bad
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like a good job. How much did the Alacantra upgrades cost?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

That couldn't have been cheap! Looks great though.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Looks good. Can you PM me on how you went about installing the door armrest leathers as I have a pair just not sure how to go about it haha. Thanks.
    2010 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    The Alcantara parts look great. If I was down in georgia I would probably have them do my whole interior!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Looks like a good job. How much did the Alacantra upgrades cost?
    Here is a link to the JPM products page for the WRX. GR Impreza WRX & STI (2008-2013)
    The door panel arm rests are $120. The dash is $850. Their stuff isn't cheap, but you definitely get what you pay for. Their stuff is amazing in person. Top, top quality. Pictures do not do their stuff justice!
    They are great guys to boot. For everything, I've been able to schedule time to pick the pieces up at their shop and they let me do the install work there - and have insisted on helping me do all of it. Alex even helped me do the install of my Prova D steering wheel.
    Last edited by kmac33; 06-25-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    The Alcantara parts look great. If I was down in georgia I would probably have them do my whole interior!

Unfortunately for my checking account, that is the direction I am headed. Seeing all of the amazing stuff they can do in person, I want to cover the whole car.
    I am going to take a break from appearance mods for a while and focus on performance things next. Once I scratch the performance mod itch, I do plan on eventually having them do my A and B pillars, the sun visors and possibly the headliner.
    Kevin