2003 ej257 swap help!

This is a discussion on 2003 ej257 swap help! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm considering buying someone's project off of them but had a couple questions for the forum. All the project needs ...

2003 ej257 swap help!

I'm considering buying someone's project off of them but had a couple questions for the forum. All the project needs to have a running wrx is a turbo, wiring harness, and ecu.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the spectrum of turbos that often find their way under the hoods of wrxes. Can someone give me a list of stock ej257 compatible turbos or maybe a really good link to a wiki type page about the range of turbos? I'm trying to see the scope of this project and any information can help. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Probably a lot more info than what you need, but hopefully it helps.
    VF series turbo comparison - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Thanks man, this is perfect!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Why go with a stock turbo? You can get aftermarket turbos that will cost less (new vs. new) and will out perform a stock turbo.

Well as far as I know it has all the stock components, ie injectors, fuel pump ect. That's why I asked for a link about compatible turbos to see what my options were. If I can get an aftermarket turbo with the stock set up than I will.

If I get this car I'm not looking to build a monster, just a dd. In the future I will Prolly tear it back down and build everything, fmic, six speed, axles, and the works. Just looking to finish the swap and drive it currently.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What year model is your longblock?