SPT Catback exhaust/ SPT turbo boost gauge (2013 WRX Wagon)

This is a discussion on SPT Catback exhaust/ SPT turbo boost gauge (2013 WRX Wagon) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Looking at upgrading the exhaust system to the SPT performance catback exhaust system that subaru offers for the car, but ...

SPT Catback exhaust/ SPT turbo boost gauge (2013 WRX Wagon)

Looking at upgrading the exhaust system to the SPT performance catback exhaust system that subaru offers for the car, but is it worth it? Also looking to buy SPT turbo boost gauge. Should I install myself or have the dealer do it for me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd skip on the SPT boost gauge and get Defi.

as for the exhaust? yeah, DIY on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I Support ClubWRX
    For the money you are going to spend on those parts, I wouldn't suggest it. You can get better quality for less...You won't really have any warranty issues with just those two pieces (catback really is just a noisemaker). I would suggest you try to hear one in person, as well as a range of other catbacks and see which one you like the best. Good luck!

I Support ClubWRX
    There are many other exhausts at that price range. As the above poster suggested you should hear one in person before deciding to buy,lest you don't like it later.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 06-01-2013 at 06:00 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Any suggestions for exhaust systems? I am looking for something with just a little more rumble then the stock exhaust. Also what are some good boost gauges that are good/ cheap?

I Support ClubWRX
    There are so many that are good...

Gauges - Defi's are probably the best, but most expensive. You can find good deals on them. AEM is also good. They have a cool gauge that I would buy if I didn't already have gauges called the failsafe, which combines boost and AFR (wideband o2), but the true boost is cool too. I don't have any experience with any gauges other than those two, but I am sure others will make suggestions.

Exhausts - I can't stress enough how important it is to hear these in person. This is something that you are going to have to listen to EVERY time you drive, so if you hate the sound it will suck. Very worst case scenario watch youtube clips and read as many reviews as you can to get an idea of the sound levels. Tons of good companies manufacture. TurboXS, COBB, Invidia are just a few of the more common ones.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    There are so many that are good...

Gauges - Defi's are probably the best, but most expensive. You can find good deals on them. AEM is also good. They have a cool gauge that I would buy if I didn't already have gauges called the failsafe, which combines boost and AFR (wideband o2), but the true boost is cool too. I don't have any experience with any gauges other than those two, but I am sure others will make suggestions.

Exhausts - I can't stress enough how important it is to hear these in person. This is something that you are going to have to listen to EVERY time you drive, so if you hate the sound it will suck. Very worst case scenario watch youtube clips and read as many reviews as you can to get an idea of the sound levels. Tons of good companies manufacture. TurboXS, COBB, Invidia are just a few of the more common ones.

Good luck!
    this
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal