WRB 2004 Impreza WRX 2.0L - Stage 2
Conservative tune at 16psi , +/- 230 HP
I like that it doesn't look like a girl's car - ok, except for the E-4AT lol don't hate - and plan to keep it that way.
23 Mar 2015
Almost 2 years since I bought the Shoopster and started this build thread!
Before the Shoopster, I knew next to nothing about cars, let alone WRX. The Shoop came with a Turbosmart BOV (that kept getting stuck), some garden-hose setup in lieu of the oil vapor tubes across the intercooler, an AEM air intake in the fender (that I worried about flooding in the smallest puddles), a busted up-pipe, and a fart-can stuffed with shredded fiberglass with a silencer. I gradually returned it to somewhat stock and we're finally onto some real mods at #21 below. The Shoop is not so stock anymore
Shoopster's public photo album
I take pics every time I park next to another Subie
Shoopster's Fb page
- Stock airbox with intake 'speaker-mod'
- Okada Projects plasma coils
- Grimmspeed up-pipe
- PTP turbo blanket
- Cobb turbo heat shield (stainless)
- Invidia downpipe + Grimmspeed adapter flange
- AEM Uego WB02 sensor, A:F gauge
- Borla Hush twin tips, 3" catback
- stock/OEM '02 bypass valve
- GReddy magnetic oil-drain plug
- Cobb oil cap (WRB)
- ZeroSports splitter and rad shroud
- Autometer Cobalt triple pod pillar (boost / oil pressure / water temp)
-> front Brembos
-> FireHawk 15mm spacers
-> Summer: DAI Revo 17" Gloss Black, blue lug nuts (tires 225/45R17)
-> Winter: gold STi V7's, blue lugs (Nokian Hakka 8 205/50R17)
- JDM limited edition STi nose: Hood, scoop, bumper, big fogs
- Badgeless aftermarket grill
- STi HID headlights, black-housed
- Subtle license plate delete
- Rally Armor mud flaps
- Stock horns painted gold
- Tinted rear windows
- Debadged rear & plasti-dipped Subaru lettering
- Sticker-bombed passenger's side mirror
- Alpine double-din touch screen
- Ortiz Custom Pods central-air-vent delete gauge-pod
- The Shoopster runs on 94 octane (avg 21 mpg), Lucas Oil 10W40 every 5k km (3100 miles), and has 283,000 km on the clock ( ~175k miles)
Here's a general menu, in case you want to skip the BS'ing (err, I mean experienced advice and witty banter):
1. Up-pipe, brake discs, inner fender (front-left) & Up-pipe again, #25
2. All-weather floor mats
3. Headlights polish
4. License plate delete Plasti-dip (here too) and installation; bumper clips
5. Painting front grill and stock horns; stock horns finished
7. Radiator belts, oil pressure switch, timing belt et als. (the latter discussion starts here), and engine wash.
8. A few blue touches: LEDs above the license plate, and COBB oil cap. The 3-gauge pod pillar and AEM air intake came with the car.
9. Sideskirts black plastic, restoration
10. Stock '02 catback scrubdown: Purchased a used OEM because I'm considering replacing the fart-can that came with the car
11. Roof rust removal and paint, and an overall compound/buff.
11a. Pref-buff photo-op here, and post-buff here.
12. Winter wheels acquired
13. The Chapter In Which We Finally Have Boost!
14. Vent replacement center of dash
15. Rear badge plasti-dipped black
16. Installed Rally Armor mudflaps ('Classic', black logo)
17. Fixed the heater (refer also to #14 above)
18. Fixed the blow-off valve (see also #13 above)
19. Shhhoopster loses the fart-can and the AEM air intake (stock air intake mod)
20. Blue lugs, sticker-bomb, the Shoopster takes a hit, and STi HID's
21. Invidia downpipe installed 2 Apr 2014, and a temporary WTF tune
22. Compression & Leakdown tests; Borla Hush twin-tips catback installed; adios BOV!
23. Brembos installation and everything that can go wrong.
24. Fender rolling and Brembo-clearing V7's for the winter
25. Up-pipe again
26. ZeroSports scoop splitter
27. Blinker fluid or, water in my STI HID's.
28. Busted bumper buildup: JDM nose didn't fit, painting the winter bumper.
29. 2BEWBS 280085 kms
30. STi jdm Special Edition nose
31. P0457 Major Evap P0457 solved! Gas smell at fuel-up, and winter gas-smell
32. Maintenance and upgrades Okada Projects plasma coils, JDM U-frame, Zero Sports stainless rad shroud, quarter-panel rust/touch-up
33. AEM UEGO WB02 gauge & central air-vent-delete pod
- Tuned! locally by Walter Turgeon
- Misfire cylinder #3, new sparks
- install GrimmSpeed hood struts (purchased)
- prestone o-ring gaskets under intake (purchased)
- TGV delete
- install rear Brembos (purchased)
- JDM cluster for automatic with gear display (shift-tronic steering wheel, transmission, TCU)
- Subtle dead-pedal
- stainless gas/brake pedals
- front lip
- rear spats