I should probably have named this Shoopster's n00bster build
Before owning this car, I knew next to nothing about cars, let alone WRX.
So, don't expect the mad build like some of the fantastic ones in this forum - at least not for a couple years yet
I'll edit/update this first post every now and then too.
If you're new to WRX, you'll find a lot of first-things-you-should-do and what-can-go-wrongs.
If you're a pro and really know your ****, you might have a good laugh or two, and hopefully you can point me in the right direction while you're at it.
Either way, welcome.
I acquired the Shoopster 16 April 2013. It was a good day.
2004 Impreza WRX, World Rally Blue - 2.0 L - Electronic 4-speed Automatic Transmission (E-4AT) Don't hate.
I like that it doesn't look like a girl's car and plan to keep it that way.
- Stock airbox with intake 'speaker-mod'
- Invidia downpipe + Grimmspeed 3"/2.5" DP-to-OEM-catback adapter flange
- Aftermarket (catless) up-pipe
- PTP Turbo blanket
- Cobb heat shield (stainless)
- Turbosmart Dualport blow-off valve
- Cobb oil cap (WRB)
- stock '02 twin tips catback
- 3-Gauge pod pillar (boost / oil pressure / water temp)
-> Winter: gold STi V5's w/Nokian Nordman 205/55R16, with blue Sickspeed lugnuts
-> Summer: DAI Revo 17" Gloss Black
- Debadged front w/aftermarket grill
- STi HID headlights, black-housed
- Subtle license plate delete
- Rally Armor mud flaps
- Stock horns painted gold
- Tinted rear windows
- Debadged rear & plasti-dipped Subaru badge
- GReddy magnetic oil-drain plug
- Sticker-bombed passenger's side mirror
- The Shoopster runs on 94 octane (average 21 mpg), and Lucas Oil 10W40 every 5000 km (3100 miles), and has 241,000 km on the clock (150,000 miles)
Here's a link to my photo album FYI, and a selection follows in the following posts
Shoopster's public album
Here's a general menu, in case you want to skip the BS'ing (err, I mean experienced advice and witty banter):
1. Up-pipe, brake discs, inner fender (front-left), scroll down
2. All-weather floor mats
3. Headlights polish
4. License plate delete Plasti-dip (here too) and installation; bumper clips
5. Painting front grill and stock horns; stock horns finished
7. Radiator belts, oil pressure switch, timing belt et als. (the latter discussion starts here), and engine wash.
8. A few blue touches: LEDs above the license plate, and COBB oil cap. The 3-gauge pod pillar and AEM air intake came with the car.
9. Sideskirts black plastic, restoration
10. Stock '02 catback scrubdown: Purchased a used OEM because I'm considering replacing the fart-can that came with the car
11. Roof rust removal and paint, and an overall compound/buff.
11a. Pref-buff photo-op here, and post-buff here.
12. Winter wheels acquired
13. The Chapter In Which We Finally Have Boost!
14. Vent replacement center of dash
15. Rear badge plasti-dipped black
16. Installed Rally Armor mudflaps ('Classic', black logo)
17. Fixed the heater (refer also to #14 above)
18. Fixed the blow-off valve (see also #13 above)
19. Shhhoopster loses the fart-can and the AEM air intake (stock air intake mod)
20. Blue lugs, sticker-bomb, the Shoopster takes a hit, and STi HID's
21. Invidia downpipe installed 2 Apr 2014 (to be updated)
- WTF Tune !
- new bumper
- hood's dented too, looks to be aluminum though
- my windows get dirty (inside the door) when I open/close them
- calipers: sand + paint
- need an oil catch-can
- rad support? (rust)
- inner bumper (rust)
- rear driver's side door has a bit of rust
- buff / clear-coat intake manifold (or paint?) + brackets (x2) under prestone canister
- replace all blue tape on elect. wires tubing
- hood shocks and/or pins
- Borla Hush (twin tips) catback
- Subtle dead-pedal
- stainless gas/brake pedals
- front lip
- back lips (behind rear wheels)
- tow strap (blue? gold? black?)
- stainless steel lines everywhere!
- I'm gonna add complete paint-job (might as well wish big).