2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox Why I oughta!!! You did that on purpose lol Did I ever!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Why I oughta!!! You did that on purpose lol
    Did I ever!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Side-skirts update:
    Turtle Wax Trim Restorer for exterior plastics and rubber.

Left/before - Right/After
    Believe it or not, the "before" was clean
    Doesn't look new, but still looks better than before

Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

looks good. nice sticker placement as well. the exhaust situation is unfortunate, to the scrapyard she goes along with an 09 catbcack and some stock heat shields lol. i use tire shine on black plastic pieces and it shines em up a bit but i remember friends using that stuff and having no complaints
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    looks good. nice sticker placement as well
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    the exhaust situation is unfortunate, to the scrapyard she goes along with an 09 catbcack and some stock heat shields lol.
    That is unfortunate. Freudian slip?

I Support ClubWRX
    Home from a spontaneous road trip (!) to Burlington.

Picked up an '05 stock catback for $50! Twin tips, yes!
    Here's a pic from the for-sale ad, in decent shape.

My current setup came with the car. I don't know what this no-name job is, but it's fugly and I can't wait to get rid of it. I don't mind the sound, but the cap rattles and I can hear that, and it's too loud without the cap.

Why stock? Because cheap and tuneless.

Budget is presently dedicated to getting the roof repainted next week, to get rid of some rust that's started above the windshield and around the sunroof, and an overall touch-up/buff for the rest. After that, gotta save up for the winter wheel setup.

Heater's busted, that'll be next.
    Then the catback,
    then the turbo improvements (wastegate actuator, blanket, heatshield).

I Support ClubWRX
    After one day of scrubbing: sandpaper blocks, "plastic" wool, CLR, Soft Scrub, water, rubber gloves.

My right arm is dead weight today.

I expect this exhaust to last a year, maybe two, time enough to save up for a new one while I take care of other priorities.

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Much better. At your hardware store you'll also find metal polish. As a final stage that & zero wool does wonders.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Looks awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Much better. At your hardware store you'll also find metal polish. As a final stage that & zero wool does wonders.
    Thanks guys! I agree. Boyfriend-Mechanic came home and he was like, you wasted your whole day on that?? But he later conceded that I did a great job

But I think I'm gonna stop restoring this exhaust, at this point.
    Removing the rust revealed a micro-fissure on the muffler surface. There's a bump beneath it
    That and, my arm can't take no more

And so but now I'm kinda on the fence about installing it at all. I definitely won't get more than a year or so out of it, if that... It could never look like that thread you sent me anyway, T0ny lol I think you sent me for a walk, as we say here It did encourage me though, so thanks for that. I might've given up sooner if I hadn't seen it

That being said, my wishlist exhaust will look just like that dude's and I'll probably polish that to death when I get it!
    Last edited by Shoopster; 07-06-2013 at 11:05 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL Rage your real name is bleeped too

I Support ClubWRX
    I know. I should sometimes keep my mouth shut. Just an old man & his tricks
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

aww heck, you went to so much trouble to clean it up why not ditch the rattle fart can? if rust is a concern on the muffler its self use rust proof primer and a good aluminum color paint over it. it will help prevent the rust from spreading and it will kill the rest of the spots you can(barely) still see uninstalled.

then you can polish the paint.....with wax....honestly now I am considering this as ive my car on the lift spraying on bed liner on the undercarriage. dangit! yea, black muffler with polished tips for me! see I wasn't going to spend all day here either......oh well!

looks hella gewd tho. hella gewd
    Last edited by tirerob; 07-06-2013 at 11:15 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    aww heck, you went to so much trouble to clean it up why not ditch the rattle fart can? if rust is a concern on the muffler its self use rust proof primer and a good aluminum color paint over it. it will help prevent the rust from spreading and it will kill the rest of the spots you can(barely) still see uninstalled.

then you can polish the paint.....with wax....honestly now I am considering this as ive my car on the lift spraying on bed liner on the undercarriage. dangit! yea, black muffler with polished tips for me! see I wasn't going to spend all day here either......oh well!
    We're gonna install it, I thought it was a bigger job than that; didn't want to give Boyfriend-Mechanic more work than necessary but he says it's like just a half-hour job (famous last words, right?).

He also told me that paint's not a possibility, because it gets too hot for any paint to last; and that the 'bump' under the rust spot means it's rusted through, inside. Nothing to do but let it run its course apparently. So, it's a temporary fix... But heck yeah it'll look (and hopefully sound) way better than the fart can lol
    Last edited by Shoopster; 07-06-2013 at 11:21 AM.

cool! and bummer(rust) hating rust right now too. was going to finish my transverse link bushings today but they are going to have to be replaced, maybe the rear knuckles to. bolts are rusted/oxidized together still after a month of rust killing penetrant.

fairly sure you will love the sound too( or lack of with no rattles as a bonus).

i have a sedan question. bottom left picture there is a little trim piece running up the wheel well right next to the door. your's is the first wrx ive seen with one. i wonder if they might fit on my 02 wagon? sidenote, there is exactly 0 sedans here wrx or impreza for me to compare to lol.

and that didn't work. from the pictures of your subtle stickers sorry.