2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread - Page 22
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 11blackSTi Welcome back! Headlights look awesome Sorry to hear about the fender bender, but I'm glad everyone ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Welcome back!
    Headlights look awesome
    Sorry to hear about the fender bender, but I'm glad everyone was ok!
    Thanks (again!). It was my first accident ever, so I freaked out, totally over-reacted. Didn't know what to do, whether to call the cops, I didn't have a settlement form handy, and when we got one my diagram was totally back-azzwards, I couldn't even think straight. Looking back though, it was nothing but a light fender-bender, literally. Most people seem to think I must've had a drifting incident

Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    aww man steph. thats a hellova update! sux about the crunch, here's hoping the other driver Willingly offers to help with the shoop's hospital bill!
    As if! LOL I wish. I was parked and she was still saying it was my fault.

nice upgrade on the lights too [...] and ive gotta say with the new eyes and the gold winters shoop is looking good!
    Thanks!
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lights look good Steph! Sorry to hear about the ding...I got one too from backing into a jackass parked illegally that I could not see on my rear bumper. Just some paint trading though (I owe him $200 I need to drop in the mail to call it settled).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Good of ya to step up!

So. The Shoop's alarm / locking system is totally random. It locks whenever. If I lock it but it's already locked, it honks once. Sometimes it honks when I lock it.. It will lock itself as soon as you are ready to open the door. The blue light in my windshield blinks eternally. It's really whatever the f***.

Today, I heard the Shoopster's alarm honk go off for the first time. As I was driving. Stopped at a red light. MEEP!

"...hey someone's got horns like mine..."

MEEP

"...Wait a minute that's me! Wtf..."

Meep meep meep meep...

I had to unlock the doors with my starter to stop it.

So now I know what my alarm sounds like. Never heard it before, I even wondered if it worked... I guess i'll keep wondering, then :/

Good thing I ve got a tonne of other security features... Guess the alarm goes on the to-do list...
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I hate those Beeps. I wonder if they can be disabled.

I took out the little horn that beeps when you trigger the factory alarm. But now the only keyfob I got is teh busted. So I have to lock the doors by hand(no door button or key fob when it works!) Or it will, without fail, alarm when I open the door with the key.
    Meeeep! Meeeeep! Meeeeep!

I'm wondering if yours is a gremlin caused by your recent crunch. When you did your dash out heater fix did you see the alarm box? Might not hurt to check it out and any sensors/ switches under hood. If its aftermarket there should be a minimum of a hood switch...that could be all effed up from the Toyota missile that mistakenly borrowed the shoop's launch ramp.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    i like it. drives my boyfriend nuts though

I took out the little horn that beeps when you trigger the factory alarm. But now the only keyfob I got is teh busted. So I have to lock the doors by hand(no door button or key fob when it works!) Or it will, without fail, alarm when I open the door with the key.
    So, fixed! Yet... not. dawwwh

I'm wondering if yours is a gremlin caused by your recent crunch. When you did your dash out heater fix did you see the alarm box? Might not hurt to check it out and any sensors/ switches under hood. If its aftermarket there should be a minimum of a hood switch...that could be all effed up from the Toyota missile that mistakenly borrowed the shoop's launch ramp.
    Yeah, no, that would be too simple, it's always been like that... It just took me forever to establish, with certainty, that it is, indeed totally random :/

UPDATE!

New Invidia downpipe installed today, deets soon!
    Next up, WTF!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    i like it. drives my boyfriend nuts though

So, fixed! Yet... not. dawwwh

Yeah, no, that would be too simple, it's always been like that... It just took me forever to establish, with certainty, that it is, indeed totally random :/

UPDATE!

New Invidia downpipe installed today, deets soon!
    Next up, WTF!

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE!

The Shoop's just been flashed! Temporary map courtesy of Matty and WTF Tuning LLC because catless downpipe and stock exhaust. So, boost limited to wastegate pressure (7-8 psi) in the hopes of avoiding nasty things like boostcreep (shiver), overboost (yikes) and (gasp!) a lean AFR.

Boyfriend flashed the Shoopster and said, "Oh no!"
    me: "WHAT?! What's wrong??!"
    "Your warranty is officially f***ed"
    :/

Hopefully the Shoop won't linger in wastegate pressure limbo for too long.
    - I'm hoping to pick up a Borla Hush tomorrow night.
    - Uppipe gaskets + smoke/compression/leakdown tests scheduled for Friday afternoon.
    - hoping Matt can get me the wideband o2 to match my current set of gauges,
    and then Shoop's very own automatic WTF, the first of its kind I'm sure

Here's some pix of the downpipe install:

My 2nd busted OEM downpipe in a year. It was beyond loud.

with Cobb heatshield on the TD04

VRRRRROOOOM PSSSH!

Holy #$%#!!!! Steph is back with a vengeance! Great to see the school in race form! Woo!!!!

That looks like a hella lot of fun. But why limit the boost so much if matty is tuning? Just a safety or is the shoop having weird boost problems after you just got em fixored?

Good to see you back too. Kinda envious of the hush, I miss the borla sound seeew much.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

Looking good. Love the build.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    But why limit the boost so much if matty is tuning? Just a safety or is the shoop having weird boost problems after you just got em fixored?

Good to see you back too. Kinda envious of the hush, I miss the borla sound seeew much.
    hi rob! just a safety until the stock exhaust comes off and all tests are done!

Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    Looking good. Love the build.
    Thanks! I've had the Shoop for a year this week!
    oh hai you're new 'round here, welcome!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I have the same turbo blanket. Lookin' good

That is so sweet. I can't wait to hear a easy pull with the borla on. Lol i might be more excited than you hahahaha
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob
    But why limit the boost so much if matty is tuning? Just a safety or is the shoop having weird boost problems after you just got em fixored?
    The limp map was simply to make it safe to drive the car...until compression, leakdown, and smoke/pressure tests are performed, I don't want to be pushing anything.

The map is basically an ECU-limited spring pressure with OBDII fixes in place and the CL/OL delay zeroed out.

I'm not a fan of these types of maps for anything long-term (it's typically something I'd only send someone to get them to me), but I'm not sure I'm going to have the time to tune the car, and I wanted her to be able to have something she can drive the car on.
    Last edited by EJ257; 04-23-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Sweet!

Steph you said you need a wideband? I have a brand new uego that I'm not going to be using for quite a while since my dp/ tune is a way off. Want me to send it up?
    Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.