2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread - Page 21
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Shoopster ^^ Oh yeah and this happened: STi V5's + Nokian Nordman 4 (not studded) 205/55R16 wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    ^^

Oh yeah and this happened:

STi V5's + Nokian Nordman 4 (not studded) 205/55R16
    wait a minute. *squinty eyez* ....are you missing a lugnut from the left rear wheel, the top most( like 1:30-2:00 ) looks to be a goner. or is that a security lugnut thats a different color. why do i even notice these things? lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    wait a minute. *squinty eyez* ....are you missing a lugnut from the left rear wheel, the top most( like 1:30-2:00 ) looks to be a goner. or is that a security lugnut thats a different color. why do i even notice these things? lol
    That's exact, those are locks. I bought some blue lugs from SickSpeed last week. Looked like someone else's returned purchase because they were damaged. I decided to keep them anyway because of the return shipping cost and they're for winter, they're bound to get messed up anyway. But when I put them on I discovered one lug is the wrong size (1.5). SickSpeed asked me to return the whole package and they shipped me a new set that I'm waiting on...

Glad they had no issues with exchanging them, but it sucks that I had to return the whole set - at $20 shipping - instead of just the one wrong-sized lug (because what they sent me was a set of 16 in a previously opened package, plus 4 loose ones, packaged separately)

Anyhoo I'll post pics when they're installed (again)...
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Meh I don't trust Sickspeed as far as I could throw the car any of their stuff goes on.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Sickspeed needs to be cut with a torch for that one.

I Support ClubWRX
    If it were lugs for the summer though I would've returned them right away. I'll reserve judgement til I get the re-send.
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE!

Two weeks ago we removed the fart-can and installed the '02 WRX catback twin-tips that I picked up last summer. When removed it, the donut gasket crumbled like 10 year old pastry.

We now call the Shoopster, Shhhpster

Also changed the downpipe for another (stock, used, below). Mine was blackened under the catalyst section, probably what was throwing the P0420 code. I'll know more on that when we get around to opening up the stock shielding.

Today we tackled the air intake: Shoop is currently a WTF tuning candidate, and after my first logs Matty asked me to re-install the stock airbox. Since I'm missing a couple of the original parts (those that go in the inner fender), we decided to try this airbox mod that we read about here. I don't expect gains like the one in this blog, but it's a quick and cheap fix and it'll reduce some turbulence.

And, with the air intake (and windshield washer container on the other side) removed, we also tackled changing the spark plugs.

Fiiinally cleaned the MAF sensor

And the sparks, NGK Iridium

A brief drive around the block and the Shoopster's running more smoothly. Hope to log some pulls this weekend.

wow ya i remember my turbo inlet, that was quite a job. i hacked mine gently with a saw to get the (torn and messed up) stocker out to be replaced with a nice, flexible silicon one which was a breeze to get in. course it would have been better to remove the intake(i didnt) but hey!

so how do you like driving around in the Stockster? now with magic ninja skillz able to drive thru neighborhoods completely undetected by anyone packing a ricer haha! i hope your logging goes well. plugs were a piece of cake on mine and the irridiums run great now that i have the gap down to .031-.032. .045=blowout lol
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    so how do you like driving around in the Stockster? now with magic ninja skillz able to drive thru neighborhoods completely undetected by anyone packing a ricer haha!
    completely undetected is right. I sold the fartcan to my friend (the white STi in this pic) so I still get to hear it

i hope your logging goes well. plugs were a piece of cake on mine and the irridiums run great now that i have the gap down to .031-.032. .045=blowout lol
    Had a flashing Check Engine (but no code) the other day for a few seconds, before the changing the sparks - actually it's why we changed them.

A couple days ago I had three CELs, P0420 (catalyst efficiency below threshold) and P0302 & P0304 (misfires 2 & 4) so we're gonna check the gaps today and if all is well, do some pulls...

And, Blue Lugs update:
    They re-sent me a package, in which there were two 1.5's
    They've re-shipped me two 1.25's which I'm still waiting on.

Really? They can't figure out how to count 20 of the same lugs

Twice?

Hope the exhaust parts clear out that 0420 code, they suck to diag without a RTA scanner or factory stuff. Fighting that on kTwn's 02..
    I got to hear a UEL header/4"dp to 4"straight custom bent pipe 08sti running(he says) 24 psi tops. Regardless of boost...it is so loud! You can super clearly hear the turbo chopping air even at idle. I just drove away easy as the cops were giving this guy the mean mug. I'm good with quiet haha
    Last edited by tirerob; 12-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post
    completely undetected is right. I sold the fartcan to my friend (the white STi in this pic) so I still get to hear it

Had a flashing Check Engine (but no code) the other day for a few seconds, before the changing the sparks - actually it's why we changed them.

A couple days ago I had three CELs, P0420 (catalyst efficiency below threshold) and P0302 & P0304 (misfires 2 & 4) so we're gonna check the gaps today and if all is well, do some pulls...

And, Blue Lugs update:
    They re-sent me a package, in which there were two 1.5's
    They've re-shipped me two 1.25's which I'm still waiting on.
    I had that P0420 code a while back. Rear O2 sensor ended up rubbing against the drive shaft and wearing through. I assume that's isn't the case with yours since you just had the issue before. All the fuses for that circuit okay?
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    I had that P0420 code a while back. Rear O2 sensor ended up rubbing against the drive shaft and wearing through. I assume that's isn't the case with yours since you just had the issue before. All the fuses for that circuit okay?
    Everything seems to be in shape. If it were a fuse, I'm told, the check-engine & code would come back almost immediately after clearing it... So now, when it comes up - 3x since last update- I just do what it says. I check the engine, clear the code, and have a smoke. :/

UPDATE! Dang it's been a while. (Dear Diary...)

Executive summary:

1. Correct blue lugs finally received and installation completed. And the twins. (exhaust. not bewbs. like I don't know y'all by now.)

2. Somebody swiped the Shoop's passenger mirror on a narrow street. I'm assuming. Because I have no idea how the scratch happened. So we sanded it down and the Shoop got a sticker-bomb

3. On Christmas Day, Santa dropped a Corolla on my bumper and hood, front-passenger. (I guess I've been bad.) I was parked, pressing my clicker, and she didn't see me when she came up the ramp from the launching pad. (Corolla got no business on a Shoopster Launch Pad anyway.) But she should've heard me honk fer chrissakes. She just kept coming, full tilt. I wish my reaction had been to reverse instead of honk.

Blood type WRB on the perp's weapon

Scene of the crime.

4. Finally! JDM STi HID's! Yay!
    Black-housed, installation deets to follow below. I thought I'd miss the angel-eye halos, I was planning on getting the Lightwerkz kit but they look awesome as is. And, my current position (parking) lights illuminate as much as the halos did, which I now realize, sucked! I couldn't see pewp!

(Custom tie-wrap bumper-mod)

STi HID housing blackout & installation

We followed these instructions to the letter. Didn't know we could remove the headlights without taking off the bumper cover, joy!
    Blackout Headlights 04-05 WRX/STI Tutorial - NASIOC

chrome's gotta go

One of theme had a cracked outer casing and housing. A bit of expoxy and good to go.

Black pearl (with blue speckles)

First coat

Second coat

A bit of restoration: sanded, goo'd and buffed

TA-DAAAA!

Last edited by Shoopster; 01-19-2014 at 10:42 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome back!

Headlights look awesome

Sorry to hear about the fender bender, but I'm glad everyone was ok!

aww man steph. thats a hellova update! sux about the crunch, here's hoping the other driver Willingly offers to help with the shoop's hospital bill! nice upgrade on the lights too. wth about that 0420 code too. it should politely excuse its self for being rude.

and ive gotta say with the new eyes and the gold winters shoop is looking good!
    Last edited by tirerob; 01-19-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    Rob