2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2004 WRX - Shoopster's build (or rather, repair) thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz I wouldnt doubt it lol. my mini fart can is black yeh but did your ...

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    I wouldnt doubt it lol. my mini fart can is black
    yeh but did your boyfriend "black up" your mini fart can?

..had too.

I bought my bugeye with borla on it. I think it's the hush model. Twin tip, looks almost stock but shiny, not to loud but sounds aftermarket. You'll like it if you don't have any leaks. I had like 23.5 leaks... PO wasn't nice to the car in that department.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    my mini fart can is black
    is that a fact.
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    yeh but did your boyfriend "black up" your mini fart can?

..had too.

I think the inside of the tip was painted black at some point, if that's what you mean

I bought my bugeye with borla on it. I think it's the hush model. Twin tip, looks almost stock but shiny, not to loud but sounds aftermarket. You'll like it if you don't have any leaks. I had like 23.5 leaks... PO wasn't nice to the car in that department.
    That sounds like the one! Minus the leaks, thanks It is on the wish-list!

The Shoop's previous owner left all sorts of nifty anti-creaking devices tucked here and there. That's the only nice thing I have to say about him (or her), they did a good job of defeating the rattle, but little else. And then the dealer who sold it to me drove it, like, 5000km within two weeks, in its previous f***ed up state.
    Last edited by Shoopster; 08-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoopster View Post

I think the inside of the tip was painted black at some point, if that's what you mean
    I was making a dig at Kuz. Insinuating he had a boyfriend. And that said boyfriend blackened his "fart can".

Looks like you don't have a dirty mind.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    I was making a dig at Kuz. Insinuating he had a boyfriend. And that said boyfriend blackened his "fart can".

Looks like you don't have a dirty mind.
    Oh but I do, re-read
    Although granted, I do seem to be lil' slow on the uptake with the sarcasm lately...

Whoa! The Shoops for sale in PA? 05 subaru wrx mint!!!!!

Looks most like it in the first pic. The others, not as much. I'd never seen those lights or grill before your car, and now here's another just like it.
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    Whoa! The Shoops for sale in PA? 05 subaru wrx mint!!!!!

Looks most like it in the first pic. The others, not as much. I'd never seen those lights or grill before your car, and now here's another just like it.
    close! it's got the gauge pod pillar too, and a similar window tint. Good eye!

Now I know what it would look like with hood pins and an STi scoop. And a wingless trunk. (and a manual transmission lol)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djk5077 View Post
    I'd never seen those lights or grill before your car, and now here's another just like it.
    Here's another, at last week's meat
    http://i.imgur.com/T28aSit.jpg

Holy crud, I. Just read the updated to do's. Wow, whata list! kTwn just purchased a tatrix cable for us to use, he needs one bad. Oddly, it seems like we had the exact same delivery day. Weird...

His does the heater repair go? I've only been in deep enough to see(thankfully) the top of the cables from the stereo down. The controls look easy enough bit past that into the HVAC is always a mess. Sokay tho. I have faith in the shoop's awesome pit(overhang??)crew.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tirerob View Post
    Holy crud, I. Just read the updated to do's. Wow, whata list! kTwn just purchased a tatrix cable for us to use, he needs one bad. Oddly, it seems like we had the exact same delivery day. Weird...
    lol Tactrix's for everyone!

His does the heater repair go? I've only been in deep enough to see(thankfully) the top of the cables from the stereo down. The controls look easy enough bit past that into the HVAC is always a mess. Sokay tho. I have faith in the shoop's awesome pit(overhang??)crew.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence :/
    "Top of the cables from the stereo down" just about describes how far we got. There some kind of piece loose, rolling around inside, probably blocking something. Getting at it is like trying to play miniput blind with a tie-wrap, many hours of fun is store for the pit crewster

I Support ClubWRX
    UPDATE! The heater, she is fixed.

The problem with the heater was that the temperature knob was near impossible to turn: the cable was pulled completely tight, and the pulley that the cable moves was stuck. No choice but to open up the entire dash to see inside.

In post #231 I replaced an air vent because the thing that changes the direction of the air was missing. Obviously it was broken, but I hadn't given much thought to where (nor how) it could have gone...

Does this look familiar?

It fell down the air duct and was blocking one of the flaps from opening. Problem solved, no new parts required!

WOW that's the inside of the dash. Its great to hear you didn't have to do anything other than remove n replace.
    *squint* tiny phone pic doesn't show well, how much time did you have wrapped up into dash dissembling? Just curious n stuff.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    WOW that's the inside of the dash. Its great to hear you didn't have to do anything other than remove n replace.
    *squint* tiny phone pic doesn't show well, how much time did you have wrapped up into dash dissembling? Just curious n stuff.
    Interesting question. We started at 10am and finished at 3pm.

Without the chit-chatting, interruptions, smoking, drinking, and cleaning everything that was removed before putting it back, it should have taken an hour to disassemble (instead of four hours lol), and it only took an hour to reassemble the whole dash, because by then we were in a hurry

Actually that's a perfect time quote. Garage time is much different than shop time here too!
    Rob

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually that's a perfect time quote. Garage time is much different than shop time here too!
    And very different from 'at my friend's house where everyday is meet day' time.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.