my '13 wrx sedan progression thread

This is a discussion on my '13 wrx sedan progression thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been lurking around the forums for a while now and think i've finally come up with my first upgrade ...

my '13 wrx sedan progression thread

I've been lurking around the forums for a while now and think i've finally come up with my first upgrade plans. Any feedback you have is appreciated.

Installed
    Kartboy STS

Contemplating...
    - Turbosmart BPV
    - Invidia Catless, divorced DP
    - AEM CAI

My plan down the line is to add the Process West TMIC and the Invidia Q300 catback. I'm kind of confused here though because there seems to a lot of conflicting thoughts on performance gains from a simple catback swap, will continue to research this. I really have no care for increased sound so if i cant find conclusive evidence of measurable gains i'll probably avoid the catback. It just seems like a highflow DP would really be limited by OEM downstream. IDK though.
    Last edited by ehren; 04-29-2013 at 06:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Installed the kartboy sts today. Really like how it feels. Talked to my local tuning company and they highly suggested a catted DP due to issues with boost creep especially in the cold weather, so will continue revising my 1st post hah..

Add shifter bushings too, I'm sure that'll make a big difference as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you already come to this conclusion, but catback alone won't really add much power, just sound. As your tuner suggested the downpipe is where the gains are at. You will want to make sure you get a new tune (stage 2) for the down pipe. The CAI you are contemplating can be used with cobb maps.

changed my plans and got the AP and flashed the stock stage 1 today. Subjectively it feels like a big difference, still need to test more!

took 3 data logs tonight and things look good from what i can tell. This is stage 1 92 octane, completely stock otherwise.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-GO...it?usp=sharing