TheBlackSheep's WRX build.

This is a discussion on TheBlackSheep's WRX build. within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Straight to the business. 09 WRX 45,xxx Mi Goal:320whp trq: not sure yet in my possession; AEM CAI, White Line ...

TheBlackSheep's WRX build.

Straight to the business.
    09 WRX
    45,xxx Mi
    Goal:320whp
    trq: not sure yet
    in my possession; AEM CAI, White Line adj. Front sway bar 22mm, White Line adj. 24mm Rear Sway bar, Kart boy front & rear end links, Kart Boy short Throw shifter w/ bushings, Rally Armor Urethane Mud flaps, and HKS SSQV BOV.

Still wanted: Invidia Q300, Invidia Downpipe, Cobb AP, KW v3, White line strut tower brace, front mount, few other suspension mods, and anything else that I might need as a supporting mod.

Yes I'm sure there are different routes to reach my goals and I am open to hearing them. I am all about safe power but I live in an imperfect world, so **** is going to break or need to be replaced due to it not being able to handle more then stock power. so any suggestions to avoid headaches would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Read the stickies if you haven't already. Also, get rid of the HKS BOV, it is only doing harm to your car.

The basic rule of thumb for getting 320whp from your WRX is:
    injectors, fuel pump, turbo upgrade (Blouch makes good setups, particularly the 18G), tune, and intercooler (TMIC or FMIC). But you can't just add a bunch of power without supporting it with other mods. When you get to a power level that high, stock components start to fail. And you can't go faster without touching on other aspects of the car: i.e brakes and handling.

In other words:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Subaru Meme.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	113613
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Thank you for the advise.
    not installed yet. i'm looking into why BOV are bad for my car but Why? I'm new to the Subaru wrx and just came from a GT500 and a lot of easy power was gained on that car I assume that this is not the case on a wrx. I thought I would be able to accomplish an easy 320 with the stock turbo. but more research must be done. But I am very open to hearing facts and looking through forums.
    Last edited by TheBlackSheep; 04-27-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Everyone has their own opinion about a BOV. It's your car, do what you want. The only harm it's doing is it's not what people want you to have. I have one and love it! FTW man, Ef Tee double You

add Cobb AP parts in my possession....well parts soon to be in my possession

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloRex View Post
    Everyone has their own opinion about a BOV. It's your car, do what you want. The only harm it's doing is it's not what people want you to have. I have one and love it! FTW man, Ef Tee double You
    I just don't understand how it could be bad for the motor, I understand that it makes it run rich inbetween shifts so less MPGs
    Last edited by TheBlackSheep; 04-27-2013 at 01:51 PM.

From what I've seen it'll make the motor stall out at any time depending on the type of BOV.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

interesting i'm bouncing around forms reading both sides of the argument.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    An atmospheric BOV will release air that has already been metered and fueled for, so that's not good (bad fueling is bad for the motor). Also, the HKS SSQV is (along with most other 100% atmospheric BOVs) notorious for leaking. Intake tract leaks are never a good thing.

I wouldn't expect to get more than about 280-290whp out of the stock turbo, it's simply too small. Of course that all depends on how you're going to measure the power. Every dyno reads differently.. so if you just want 320whp bragging rights leave the car stock and throw it on a dyno that will read that high.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That is if you're planning on running 93 octane.. if you're going to run e85 320whp is within reach on the stock turbo.

mind blown............