Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ahh I see. Thanks for the info I was looking into aftermarket BPV's so it wouldn't run my car "lean" ...

Ahh I see. Thanks for the info I was looking into aftermarket BPV's so it wouldn't run my car "lean" and i would still get the Psh sound.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by THutch View Post
    Ahh I see. Thanks for the info I was looking into aftermarket BPV's so it wouldn't run my car "lean" and i would still get the Psh sound.
    No problem man!

If its the sound you are looking for the stock bypass sounds great with an intake and stage 1 map. I personally am not a fan of bov's or 50/50 recirculating valves. They do sound awesome but they cause your car to backfire and/or run lean especially without a tune. The purpose of the forge as I said earlier was just to beef up the stock one so it doesn't leak under higher boost levels and make my tuners job easier lol.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Yeah sound isn't that important to me I plan to go stage one here soon.

Yeah sound isn't that important to me I plan to go stage one here soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    No problem man!

If its the sound you are looking for the stock bypass sounds great with an intake and stage 1 map. I personally am not a fan of bov's or 50/50 recirculating valves. They do sound awesome but they cause your car to backfire and/or run lean especially without a tune. The purpose of the forge as I said earlier was just to beef up the stock one so it doesn't leak under higher boost levels and make my tuners job easier lol.
    Hey man car looks good. Forge is a great BPV and a great upgrade on a 3 gen WRX that unfortunately comes with the weak plastic BPV. Just to clear things up a little though, a BOV that releases to the atmosphere will cause the car to run rich rather than lean. The issue is that the BOV will release air that has already been metered by the mass airflow sensor. The ECU then injects the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders and you get the temporary rich condition. Not necessarily an extremely harmful condition, but certainly not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Hey man car looks good. Forge is a great BPV and a great upgrade on a 3 gen WRX that unfortunately comes with the weak plastic BPV. Just to clear things up a little though, a BOV that releases to the atmosphere will cause the car to run rich rather than lean. The issue is that the BOV will release air that has already been metered by the mass airflow sensor. The ECU then injects the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders and you get the temporary rich condition. Not necessarily an extremely harmful condition, but certainly not ideal.
    Thanks for clarifying that for me my dude! I know for sure that an intake without a tune will definitely lean out your engine. Too much air means not enough fuel then your motor says F you! hahahaha

A buddy of mine had an HKS bov on his 06 wrx and his car ran really rough with it installed. He later sold it and went back to the stock bpv before it did any damage.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Nice awesome build so far man! Where are you going to get tuned?

Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    Nice awesome build so far man! Where are you going to get tuned?
    Thanks!

Im going to BrenTuning this spring. Only a few more months I can't wait!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Great looking ride man! Those lights look fantastic. Good luck with the build. Getting protuned should be awesome.

It will be a whole different animal thats for sure!

I'm thinking about selling the N1 so I can get a Q300 before the tune. Hmmm...
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

It will be a whole different animal thats for sure!

I'm thinking about selling the N1 so I can get a Q300 before the tune. Hmmm...
    Nah man, check out the corsa performance exhaust. That is 10x better than the q300. It is 100% no drone while cruising, and then when you get on it, it screams like a raped ape. Sounds soooo good. Def check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by le STiG View Post
    Nah man, check out the corsa performance exhaust. That is 10x better than the q300. It is 100% no drone while cruising, and then when you get on it, it screams like a raped ape. Sounds soooo good. Def check it out.
    Nice man I checked out a couple vids!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

$32.00 and two days later the wrx has finally been clayed and waxed. Hurry up spring!!!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice man I checked out a couple vids!
    One of the guys that is in my local club works at Corsa as an engineer. Top notch stuff from them.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

So I need some feedback from you guys.. Should I get an aftermarket heat shield or a turbo blanket then get a heat shield later? I really want to get something on there before the tune. Thanks!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember