Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 181

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ahh I see. Thanks for the info I was looking into aftermarket BPV's so it wouldn't run my car "lean" ...

  1. #106
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    45
    Ahh I see. Thanks for the info I was looking into aftermarket BPV's so it wouldn't run my car "lean" and i would still get the Psh sound.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #107
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by THutch View Post
    Ahh I see. Thanks for the info I was looking into aftermarket BPV's so it wouldn't run my car "lean" and i would still get the Psh sound.
    No problem man!

    If its the sound you are looking for the stock bypass sounds great with an intake and stage 1 map. I personally am not a fan of bov's or 50/50 recirculating valves. They do sound awesome but they cause your car to backfire and/or run lean especially without a tune. The purpose of the forge as I said earlier was just to beef up the stock one so it doesn't leak under higher boost levels and make my tuners job easier lol.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

  4. #108
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    45
    Yeah sound isn't that important to me I plan to go stage one here soon.

  5. #109
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    45
    Yeah sound isn't that important to me I plan to go stage one here soon.

  6. #110
    MAINEiac 11blackSTi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the Port. ME
    Posts
    2,901
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    No problem man!

    If its the sound you are looking for the stock bypass sounds great with an intake and stage 1 map. I personally am not a fan of bov's or 50/50 recirculating valves. They do sound awesome but they cause your car to backfire and/or run lean especially without a tune. The purpose of the forge as I said earlier was just to beef up the stock one so it doesn't leak under higher boost levels and make my tuners job easier lol.
    Hey man car looks good. Forge is a great BPV and a great upgrade on a 3 gen WRX that unfortunately comes with the weak plastic BPV. Just to clear things up a little though, a BOV that releases to the atmosphere will cause the car to run rich rather than lean. The issue is that the BOV will release air that has already been metered by the mass airflow sensor. The ECU then injects the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders and you get the temporary rich condition. Not necessarily an extremely harmful condition, but certainly not ideal.

  7. #111
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Hey man car looks good. Forge is a great BPV and a great upgrade on a 3 gen WRX that unfortunately comes with the weak plastic BPV. Just to clear things up a little though, a BOV that releases to the atmosphere will cause the car to run rich rather than lean. The issue is that the BOV will release air that has already been metered by the mass airflow sensor. The ECU then injects the wrong amount of fuel into the cylinders and you get the temporary rich condition. Not necessarily an extremely harmful condition, but certainly not ideal.
    Thanks for clarifying that for me my dude! I know for sure that an intake without a tune will definitely lean out your engine. Too much air means not enough fuel then your motor says F you! hahahaha

    A buddy of mine had an HKS bov on his 06 wrx and his car ran really rough with it installed. He later sold it and went back to the stock bpv before it did any damage.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

  8. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    277
    Nice awesome build so far man! Where are you going to get tuned?

  9. #113
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by 13WrXx View Post
    Nice awesome build so far man! Where are you going to get tuned?
    Thanks!

    Im going to BrenTuning this spring. Only a few more months I can't wait!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

  10. #114
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    34
    Great looking ride man! Those lights look fantastic. Good luck with the build. Getting protuned should be awesome.

  11. #115
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    It will be a whole different animal thats for sure!

    I'm thinking about selling the N1 so I can get a Q300 before the tune. Hmmm...
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

  12. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    It will be a whole different animal thats for sure!

    I'm thinking about selling the N1 so I can get a Q300 before the tune. Hmmm...
    Nah man, check out the corsa performance exhaust. That is 10x better than the q300. It is 100% no drone while cruising, and then when you get on it, it screams like a raped ape. Sounds soooo good. Def check it out.

  13. #117
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by le STiG View Post
    Nah man, check out the corsa performance exhaust. That is 10x better than the q300. It is 100% no drone while cruising, and then when you get on it, it screams like a raped ape. Sounds soooo good. Def check it out.
    Nice man I checked out a couple vids!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

  14. #118
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    $32.00 and two days later the wrx has finally been clayed and waxed. Hurry up spring!!!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

  15. #119
    Registered User wrx650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    707
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    Nice man I checked out a couple vids!
    One of the guys that is in my local club works at Corsa as an engineer. Top notch stuff from them.
    -Noah

    2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

    Stink-Eye Mob #91

    Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

  16. #120
    Registered User Mammal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern Vermont
    Posts
    187
    So I need some feedback from you guys.. Should I get an aftermarket heat shield or a turbo blanket then get a heat shield later? I really want to get something on there before the tune. Thanks!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •