Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Congrats on the new car man! Have you stopped by the NASIOC GR fitment thread? There are guys running 265 ...

Congrats on the new car man!

Have you stopped by the NASIOC GR fitment thread? There are guys running 265 width tires on 18x9.5" wheels at around 38-42 offsets. I know Mach V has pretty much the perfect wheels size on their site: 18x9.5/+42. If I had the cash to buy wheels and tires within reason I'd go with those and some 265 tires. No matter what you get over 9" wide you'll probably need some degree of roll depending on the offset, but I wouldn't go below about +38. I don't think you'll need much, if any, roll with 255's on a 9" wide tire at stock height.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Congrats on the new car man!

Have you stopped by the NASIOC GR fitment thread? There are guys running 265 width tires on 18x9.5" wheels at around 38-42 offsets. I know Mach V has pretty much the perfect wheels size on their site: 18x9.5/+42. If I had the cash to buy wheels and tires within reason I'd go with those and some 265 tires. No matter what you get over 9" wide you'll probably need some degree of roll depending on the offset, but I wouldn't go below about +38. I don't think you'll need much, if any, roll with 255's on a 9" wide tire at stock height.
    Thanks man! I checked out those wheels in the link. 19lbs!? Crazy! Especially for the size. As of right now I am still eying the BR10's. They weigh the same as the stock wheels so thats not bad and I can still get away with running a 255/35. I may wait until next year so I can save for a set of Work 11r's in 18x9.5 +38 with the 265's

Third GR?! Wow! Talk about sticking to your favourites, that's some impressive brand loyalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    Thanks man! I checked out those wheels in the link. 19lbs!? Crazy! Especially for the size. As of right now I am still eying the BR10's. They weigh the same as the stock wheels so thats not bad and I can still get away with running a 255/35. I may wait until next year so I can save for a set of Work 11r's in 18x9.5 +38 with the 265's
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'll just leave... this... right here:

Official Mach V Awesome Wheel Gallery - NASIOC

I do love Work's though, not sure I've seen a set that they make that I don't like!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by SlimJim8804 View Post
    Third GR?! Wow! Talk about sticking to your favourites, that's some impressive brand loyalty.
    Yes sir! In all honesty I think that the 11-13 wrx is the best one to date. Thats the main reason why I wanted to get back into one! lol. The 14's will be interesting to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by floods View Post
    Yeah, yeah, yeah... I'll just leave... this... right here:

Official Mach V Awesome Wheel Gallery - NASIOC

I do love Work's though, not sure I've seen a set that they make that I don't like!
    Thank you for the teaser thread pics lol. I have to agree that there is not one bad Work wheel. Well actually, they're all bad now that I think of it.. Bad a$$ that is!!!

I got home from work to find that Brown Santa left me some goodies..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	invidia .jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	113722

Good lord those are some big ole Invidia boxes!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Invidia N1 for me and Invidia Q300 for my pops. I think my dad want's to beat me to stage 2.. Looks like I got some friendly competition now lol

I'd have to say your Pop's choice in exhaust is a bit better
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'd have to say your Pop's choice in exhaust is a bit better
    I didn't think I'd like the Q300 but after installing last night it and driving his car I now love it! I've had the N1 on all my previous wrx's but who knows I may get the Q before I go stage 2..

But anyway, I read that the N1 had some minor fitment issues on the wide body hatch and this is definitely true. After a quick trip to Advance Auto to get a longer hanger solved that. The best part was that I only needed 1! As soon as both cars had their rumble on my father and I took some hot laps around the neighborhood. Yep, I am certain our neighbors hate us.. hahahaha

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days since I have been busy with work, band and driving the wrx every chance I get lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butt shot .jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	113873

Looking good man!

slowly but surely its coming along. this is a quality budget build right here lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    slowly but surely its coming along. this is a quality budget build right here lol
    Ha I know how that goes...all of my parts are used...half of them were donated by friends who'd rather see me modded than stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ha I know how that goes...all of my parts are used...half of them were donated by friends who'd rather see me modded than stock!
    you sir have awesome friends then! hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.