Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by anpato What size are they? They are 90mm and fit perfectly around the edge of the bezel....

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    What size are they?
    They are 90mm and fit perfectly around the edge of the bezel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs up

Stopped by the body shop yesterday and found my taillights.. lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lights.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	113523

That wheel fitment you had was alright. You may need a little rear fender rolling due to your +42 offset. Factory offset it +55 on an 8in wheel. 245-255 width tire. You are going same size all around, right? They should look good though!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That wheel fitment you had was alright. You may need a little rear fender rolling due to your +42 offset. Factory offset it +55 on an 8in wheel. 245-255 width tire. You are going same size all around, right? They should look good though!
    I will be getting the fenders rolled within the next week or 2 so they are done and out of the way. As soon as I can get a buyer for the stockies lined up I will order the BR10's and get them wrapped with BFG KDW2's in 255/35's on all four corners. Should look pretty beefy! No hellaflush crap here hahaha

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    I will be getting the fenders rolled within the next week or 2 so they are done and out of the way. As soon as I can get a buyer for the stockies lined up I will order the BR10's and get them wrapped with BFG KDW2's in 255/35's on all four corners. Should look pretty beefy! No hellaflush crap here hahaha
    I'm actually running 18x9's with +45 offset and 255/18/35's right now and I have no rubbing issues whatsoever. I have a 2011 sti sedan, but I would think the fitment would be fairly close. The fact that the car has very little body roll helps.

Here's a couple pics of my previously owned 08 hatchback. She was clean, simple and sexy lol.

Name:	2008 wrx pc.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	113532

Name:	2008wrxbtown .jpg 
Views:	457 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	113533

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    I'm actually running 18x9's with +45 offset and 255/18/35's right now and I have no rubbing issues whatsoever. I have a 2011 sti sedan, but I would think the fitment would be fairly close. The fact that the car has very little body roll helps.
    45's have no rubbing issues in the front??? If so I may have to reconsider my wheel options

I Support ClubWRX
    Personally for me no issues.

Should look pretty beefy! No hellaflush crap here hahaha
    That's what I'm talking about! I like where you're head's at!

And for the record...I grew up down south. Dad's from Tennessee...his mom, my grandmother, went by the name Mammal. I suppose it was started as Mam Ma, but it evolved to Mammal
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

3rd one, hmmm

Sounds like you are WRX'er for life. You just might get the itch for a 4th when the prototype seen recently becomes a reality in a few years.

Personally for me no issues.
    Nice. I have been eying the Enkei Tenjin's since they first came out but I am not really digging the polished lip look anymore. Also, they come in an 18x9.5 +45 and I am almost certain I'd need spacers in the front and maybe a mild fender pull. Not worth going through the hassle for an extra half inch you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about! I like where you're head's at!

And for the record...I grew up down south. Dad's from Tennessee...his mom, my grandmother, went by the name Mammal. I suppose it was started as Mam Ma, but it evolved to Mammal
    Thanks man! I should have titled this thread, "mammals hellafunctional hatchback" lol. I am all about that clean look. No stickers, badges, chrome, or anything else along those lines. Less is more!

My last name is Hamel so growing up my buddies always called me Mammal so I got used to it lol. I may be investing in a house down in Asheville NC in a few years and if I move there my forum name may become more prominent then!!! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    3rd one, hmmm

Sounds like you are WRX'er for life. You just might get the itch for a 4th when the prototype seen recently becomes a reality in a few years.
    Oh man I guess so! haha I don't really dig the new 4th gen at the moment but give it time and it will grow on me. I remember I absolutely hated the 3rd gen abut after working at the local subaru dealer and seeing the couple wrx's we had on the front lawn I ended up driving one home. Yep, should have waited a year or 3 and waited for the upgrades!

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. I have been eying the Enkei Tenjin's since they first came out but I am not really digging the polished lip look anymore. Also, they come in an 18x9.5 +45 and I am almost certain I'd need spacers in the front and maybe a mild fender pull. Not worth going through the hassle for an extra half inch you know?

Thanks man! I should have titled this thread, "mammals hellafunctional hatchback" lol. I am all about that clean look. No stickers, badges, chrome, or anything else along those lines. Less is more!

My last name is Hamel so growing up my buddies always called me Mammal so I got used to it lol. I may be investing in a house down in Asheville NC in a few years and if I move there my forum name may become more prominent then!!! hahahaha

Oh man I guess so! haha I don't really dig the new 4th gen at the moment but give it time and it will grow on me. I remember I absolutely hated the 3rd gen abut after working at the local subaru dealer and seeing the couple wrx's we had on the front lawn I ended up driving one home. Yep, should have waited a year or 3 and waited for the upgrades!
    I agree that the machine lip on the Tenjin is not the greatest looking. I ended up going with the Enkei PF01. Love them. Really light and good forged construction. Easy to clean too

I agree that the machine lip on the Tenjin is not the greatest looking. I ended up going with the Enkei PF01. Love them. Really light and good forged construction. Easy to clean too
    I was considering those too! I love enkeis but I wish they had more aggressive 5x100 fitments available. I want the RS05RR in the worst way possible.

Just made a big purchase today! Primarily because it was for 2 wrx's.. lol

Hurry up brown santa!!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.