Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mammal Ordered up a set of TSX R lenses from lightwerkz.net yesterday. I'm really curious to see ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    Ordered up a set of TSX R lenses from lightwerkz.net yesterday. I'm really curious to see if these will improve output and cutoff on the stock halogens with a set of better bulbs. Stay tuned!
    Are you adding HID lighting to it or just the projectors??? I'd suspect with a full retrofit, it will be a lot better.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kenmalarik View Post
    I'm currently sitting in Kabul, screw my life. But I just ordered a 2015 WRX, so that's what I get to come home to. Gotta say Mammal, I love this build so far and I can't wait to see more.
    Thanks for the kind remarks and congrats on the new purchase! When do you return home?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Are you adding HID lighting to it or just the projectors??? I'd suspect with a full retrofit, it will be a lot better.
    No HID's yet. I think the tsx lenses will improve the output of the halogens a little bit. At least now I will have that cool color flicker once I do the washer mod lol
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Hey anytime, man. And thank you, just knowing that's what I get to come home to is making time drag even worse! I get home like end of July/Early August timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmalarik View Post
    Hey anytime, man. And thank you, just knowing that's what I get to come home to is making time drag even worse! I get home like end of July/Early August timeframe.
    The anticipation would drive me nuts! I get that way when I order parts and have to wait a week to get them, I couldn't imagine a new car lol. Good to hear you will be back this summer. I wish you a safe return!

btw, I drive through Stroudsburg on my commute to see family in Altoona!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    The anticipation would drive me nuts! I get that way when I order parts and have to wait a week to get them, I couldn't imagine a new car lol. Good to hear you will be back this summer. I wish you a safe return!

btw, I drive through Stroudsburg on my commute to see family in Altoona!
    Thanks man. Yeah the anticipation is killing me, but it's also motivating me. I've already got a list of some minor mods I'm going to undertake and have done. This is my first Subaru/turbocharged vehicle, and thus, also my first experience with modding so I'm a tad intimidated but eager to see what I can do.

Altoona, that's a little ways from Stroudsburg, haha. Not too bad of a drive on 80W though.

So the tsx r lenses are installed and the headlights have been cleaned and resealed with additional factory sealant. Once it gets dark out I will snap a few pics.

Here's a pic showing the difference between the stock and tsx r clear lenses.

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Well the light output wasn't any brighter but the new lenses did improve the cutoff. I talked to Caesar at lightwerkz and he suggested that the plug and play Morimoto H11 XB35 kit would give me what I am looking for.

But anyway, here's a pretty sweet shot my buddy took of the wrx!

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Looks great!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Like a mammal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

hahaha thanks guys! ^
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

So I went for a little cruise yesterday over RT 9 from Bennington to Brattleboro and on my way back to Bennington my tpms light came on.. I pulled over, shut the car off and checked the tires but all the tires were holding air. So, I turned the car back on thinking that my sensor must have malfunctioned but it instantly came back on. Then I got a little more worried thinking the sensor or something electronic had malfunctioned. 3/4's of the way home the rear right end of the car started feeling squishy in the corners. Once I got the car home I checked all the pressures in each tire and found that the right rear was down just about 10 psi from what the others had read. Jacked the car up, took of the wheel and found this..

It sucks because I hate patches and these tires have less than 6000 miles on them. All the more reason to get my new wheel and tire setup right? But on a positive note, the tpms sensors do help or else I wouldn't have discovered this until it was completely flat!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

I Support ClubWRX
    A nail right? Easier to patch than a screw IMHO. Just do a plug and patch. Not ideal, but I've had them last the tire life and the tire never felt any different.

I plan on ordering up a new set of wheels hopefully by the weekend. When I demount the stockers for the tpms sensors I will patch the tire and run them on my forester since I'm still riding on blizzak's lol.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Shot some new pics last weekend!

Last edited by Mammal; 10-27-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.