Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; UPDATE: 4/18/14 I finally got tuned at BrenTuning in Charlton MA. With 93 octane, my car made 300whp at 325wtq ...

UPDATE: 4/18/14 I finally got tuned at BrenTuning in Charlton MA.

With 93 octane, my car made 300whp at 325wtq on Bren's Mustang dyno. Getting tuned by Bren was hands down the best money I have spent on the car so far. After spending the weekend visiting family in the Worcester area, my drive back home to VT on sunday over VT RT9 through the mountains was a blast. Before, I would have to really work the car over some of the steeper grades downshifting from 5th to 4th and even 3rd.. On my trip home after getting tuned I could now climb the steeper grades in 5th gear no problem. For those of you that have ever been on the King Da Ka roller coaster in Jersey; you know how quick that thing accelerates? Yeah well, thats the only way I can describe how fast the wrx is now lol.

If you are looking into getting your car wrenched on or tuned I definitely recommend BrenTuning. I will definitely be going back in the future for stage 2.5!

Click HERE for video!
    Last edited by Mammal; 04-22-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice numbers man! Can you post up the plot?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

will do man! I will post it up tomorrow after work.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Dyno sheet has been posted up on the OP!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
    Smoove!!! Lookin good man.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Smoove!!! Lookin good man.

Thanks Mikie! Can't wait to tackle wheels and suspension now.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Thanks Craig for those rep points!!! hahahaha
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks Craig for those rep points!!! hahahaha
    haha...

I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience with BrenTuning, I was thinking of driving down to EFI in the not too distant future after I get a few of my new goodies installed, but if there is a reputable tuning shop closer than that would be pretty nice. I haven't heard of much in the MASS area, but then again there are not many folks on here from this far up north. I am going to have to do a little research into this option

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    haha...

I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience with BrenTuning, I was thinking of driving down to EFI in the not too distant future after I get a few of my new goodies installed, but if there is a reputable tuning shop closer than that would be pretty nice. I haven't heard of much in the MASS area, but then again there are not many folks on here from this far up north. I am going to have to do a little research into this option
    When I was searching for a tuner I had such a tough time deciding between EFI and Bren. In the end I went with Bren since I had a few friends of mine go there with nothing but good things to say. It was also a bonus that his shop is 12 minutes away from my girlfriends dads house lol.

Also, the day before the tune I emailed Bren asking if he had an EBCS in stock that I could buy and install the day I got there (thinking I would make more power and it would make Bren's job easier to tame boost levels). He said that he did and he would give me a deal on it. So after showing up, Bren looked over my mods and said that this time around I didn't need an EBCS since I'm running the stock tmic. He told me to save my money until I upgrade my intercooler. But anyway, my point is that if Bren was a bad guy and all about making money he could have easily had me buy parts from him that I didn't need. Instead he was straight forward and very honest with me. At that moment I knew I went to the right shop!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

So you're saying it's worth it to get a ProTune over an OTS tune...hahahaha

Great numbers!!!
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    So you're saying it's worth it to get a ProTune over an OTS tune...hahahaha

Great numbers!!!
    Thanks man!

Yes very worth it! I don't hate OTS maps but if you want to make reliable power for your vehicle pro tunes are the way to go. Every car is different even when its built with the same parts. Nissan GTR's always throw down different numbers since each motor is hand built! lol
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Ordered up a set of TSX R lenses from lightwerkz.net yesterday. I'm really curious to see if these will improve output and cutoff on the stock halogens with a set of better bulbs. Stay tuned!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Ordered up a set of TSX R lenses from lightwerkz.net yesterday. I'm really curious to see if these will improve output and cutoff on the stock halogens with a set of better bulbs. Stay tuned!
    Hopefully they dom I was thinking of doing mine but I've heard they don't improve much without hid projectors rather then halogen

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh snap! How long have you been in? My buddy was deployed and stationed in Kabul a couple years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    i will hit 9 years this June. I have been to Kabul a few times as well , not a nice place. But i will training for the next year plus, so lots of time to spend w/the family and the subaru. Actually, i am doing the clutch and some bushings atm
    I'm currently sitting in Kabul, screw my life. But I just ordered a 2015 WRX, so that's what I get to come home to. Gotta say Mammal, I love this build so far and I can't wait to see more.