Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mammal's SWP 13 WRX (third times a charm) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Oh snap! How long have you been in? My buddy was deployed and stationed in Kabul a couple years back....

Oh snap! How long have you been in? My buddy was deployed and stationed in Kabul a couple years back.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i will hit 9 years this June. I have been to Kabul a few times as well , not a nice place. But i will training for the next year plus, so lots of time to spend w/the family and the subaru. Actually, i am doing the clutch and some bushings atm

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    i will hit 9 years this June. I have been to Kabul a few times as well , not a nice place. But i will training for the next year plus, so lots of time to spend w/the family and the subaru. Actually, i am doing the clutch and some bushings atm
    Yeah my buddy said it wasn't a pleasant place either. A week after he departed home a suicide bomber attempted to drive into the base but that didn't end well for the target.. hahaha

How did the clutch job go? With all this added torque I'm supposed to gain I'm pretty sure I will have to replace mine with something beefier in a couple years lol.
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Taking my time, clutch is in just need to put everything back together. Once I hit 335 ft lbs , my clutch lasted about 7-8 months of spirited driving. There are a lot of vids online, but a couple things I would suggest is to pull the 3 bolts holding the uppipe to the hot side of the turbo. I didn't have to on my 02 wrx, I can only assume this is because of the larger turbo. Pulling the nuts (you can leave the studs in) at the up pipe allows enough wiggle room for the bell housing to clear. Also, I placed a block of wood on the two large bolts under the motor, near the midpipe. This is to keep the motor from pitching when you separate the trans and will make life easier, especially if you are doing the job solo like I am. I will post some pics of this stuff tomorrow; I am doing the shifter bushings and trans mount at the same time, as it makes sense to knock this out while the trans is out of the way.
    Last edited by Miggs; 02-23-2014 at 07:07 PM.

I contacted lightwerkz earlier today and I will be pulling the trigger on a set of tsx clear lenses. I am pretty stoked to open up my headlights again to do this. Looks as if I will get that HID color cutoff without the HID price. Has anyone else done this?
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Installed a GrimmSpeed turbo heat shield today after work. Don't be fooled, this thing is worth buying. The quality is top notch!

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Did a little spring cleaning yesterday

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

After waiting a month I finally got my vanity plate

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Taking my time, clutch is in just need to put everything back together. Once I hit 335 ft lbs , my clutch lasted about 7-8 months of spirited driving. There are a lot of vids online, but a couple things I would suggest is to pull the 3 bolts holding the uppipe to the hot side of the turbo. I didn't have to on my 02 wrx, I can only assume this is because of the larger turbo. Pulling the nuts (you can leave the studs in) at the up pipe allows enough wiggle room for the bell housing to clear. Also, I placed a block of wood on the two large bolts under the motor, near the midpipe. This is to keep the motor from pitching when you separate the trans and will make life easier, especially if you are doing the job solo like I am. I will post some pics of this stuff tomorrow; I am doing the shifter bushings and trans mount at the same time, as it makes sense to knock this out while the trans is out of the way.
    Lol oh that bolt in the turbo corner, what a pita haha
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

That plate is awdsome!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That plate is awdsome!
    hahaha thanks!
    Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Instagram yo!

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Putting down the deposit for the tune first thing in the morning!

Check out my projects:
    2013 SWP WRX Hatch
    Sworn To Remember

Not sure if u know but there is an instagram account with your license plate name. They're based out here in southern California and making a pretty big name for themselves.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    Not sure if u know but there is an instagram account with your license plate name. They're based out here in southern California and making a pretty big name for themselves.
    I follow that instagram. They have some great pictures. I thought about this License plate as well. Probably wont get some kind of custom license plate for a bit thought.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.