Hawkeye Wagon STi (UK)

This is a discussion on Hawkeye Wagon STi (UK) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Right, so I just joined this particular forum (loving it so far!) and I've had a few people asking to ...

My Hawk STi Wagon (UK)

Right, so I just joined this particular forum (loving it so far!) and I've had a few people asking to see/know a little more about my wagon. Here goes, any questions then fire away, assuming they can be answered by someone over the pond!

Im the proud owner of a late 2006 Hawkeye WRX Wagon. It's my second WRX wagon (I used to have a PPP Blob eye - the one before incase you refer to them as a different name) and having not fettled with the first, after a long committed modifying route with a previous track/road car, I decided I would go to town on this one as a (VERY) fast everyday road car.

The car was initially remapped with ECUtek soft wear having had a SS exhaust system added (high flow spec C cat) and uprated Cosworth air filter. Turing the boost up a little and having it mapped to our good UK 99 Octane fuel also helps . However, things quickly evolved from there....

From 260BHP (where you're really only getting warmed up) the need for more power comes on quick. I held back though and opted for some chassis tweaks before chasing peak figures. These included:

STi shocks, Eibach springs -15mm, Whiteline anti roll bars as well anti dive/lift castors.

At this point, when the car hardly mores at all under hard acceleration and more importantly under hard breaking I decided the brakes could do with an upgrade. Knowing I would then be pursing POWER soon I dreamt BIG and this is what resulted...

These are Porsche 6 pots from the GT3RS and are available as a kit that with very little work bolt right on to a Hawk WRX (not STi - sorry!). Believe it or not Porsche in the UK charge 2K just to spec these in RED!!!! Suddenly the Whiteline kit made sense when you have this kind of stopping power! INSANE! The pads are about an inch think each!!!

'Sadly' this also meant swapping the wheels out for something a little bigger and the decision was made to bang on some 18" Ultraleggera mags! I'm not a big fan of huge rims and low pro tyres but hey - you do what you gotta do! So NOW it's time to eek out some horses!

BIGGER TMIC (v11) with STi undertray
    DV - Turbosmart Supersonic
    SPEC C oil Pump
    Adjustable FES fuel regulator

Shortly after this was done I decided to have my interior done. I have alwasy loved the blue STi (never been a fan of the STi 'in your face exterior!!) So I spoke to a guy about having it all done with a few little 'special' bits here and there. This was devastatingly expensive but the end result was spot on. I bought STi Hawk seats ready made but everything else from door cards to bench and head rests is custom. I think it looks even better with the darker carpets rather than the blue.

I then ordered the S204 Dash from Japan at another amazing amount of money! But this really finishes it off nicely - along with my JVC install and EXTREMELY rare black ProDrive gear shifter

Then...disaster! Head Gasket Failure.....Engine out time.......

THEN......

Uprated pulleys, cambelts and tensioners (cosworth)
    Uprated Water Pump
    Uprated head studs (ARP)
    Fully ported/polished
    Cermic coated and heat wrapped headers
    Ported wastegate housing, turbo intake and throttle body (sharp and shiny!)
    Forged Pistons
    VF43 Turbo
    Perrin 3 port oil catch tank
    Cosworth pressure caps

This was then remapped by the a very famous Impreza tuner called Andy Forrest. This time we added the RACErom software that includes:
    Launch control
    Flat foot shifting
    Auto down shift rev matching

All of this was done at 1.3 bar of boost resulting in 380BHP / 390 ftlbs. This is a realatively conservative map as I am running a 5 spd box (that's the next thing to go but it's also recently been rebuilt so I'll hold off for a while) however, it's only really half the story as the extent of the porting is such that the turbo spools at a rate I have never felt. Air flow is unreal and it's pull is relentless!

The finishing touch's on the car include:

Carbon fibre splitter, ProDrive mudflaps, black Zunsport grilles and a rather nice B-Day present from my other half - a personal registration plate X8 WRX!

There we go, I think that's it!

Last edited by Donz144; 04-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow! The car looks awesome and it sounds like you built the motor properly!

Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    wow very nice car!
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Very clean. The OZ's look great on your car.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

Thanks guys. If this should be posted somewhere else then feel free to move it mods.

MOVED TO 'BUILD' section :

Hawkeye Wagon STi (UK)

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi and welcome to the club. Your car looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to your contributions.

Just a logistics thing - if you want a thread moved please just hit the star button and report it with a request to move it and we will be happy to take care of it for you.

I'm going to merge these so all of your replies are in one place.

"From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Huh, Porsche brakes? What sort of adapters did those require? Have any pics of the install?

Welcome!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Wow! Beautiful!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419