I need ideas
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I need ideas within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; With 176k on my 2002 WRX Sedan motor, I am considering going out and purchasing a new engine package. Who ...

I need ideas

With 176k on my 2002 WRX Sedan motor, I am considering going out and purchasing a new engine package. Who out there sells turnkey motors already set up so that I wouldn't have to spend a lot of time shopping for power packages and what not? I was first looking at just going with PRE's power package on the existing motor but I have a feeling that would be putting lipstick on a pig at this point. I was wanted to see if any of my fellow WRX folks new of anyone offering a solid 2.0t set up as a stage 3 ready to go?

Any other suggestions are welcome. I'm planning on doing something within the next 6-8 months.

Much appreciated folks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you're building it, why in the world would you want to stay with a 2L? AWDTuning sells different levels of built blocks at reasonable prices, but they're all based on the ej257 case halves.

anyone know how the AWDtuning blocks compare to the topspeedmotorsports blocks?

What do the Top Speed blocks consist of?

there's a post on iwsti with descriptions of the different configurations.

TSM Shortblocks - THE Answer for high HP Subarus - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

i think they start out as ej257's from subaru. rsutton has one of them in his '11 hatch i believe. at least according to the build thread

My 2011 Stage 2 Update

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    If you're building it, why in the world would you want to stay with a 2L?
    2.1L stroker
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    there's a post on iwsti with descriptions of the different configurations.

TSM Shortblocks - THE Answer for high HP Subarus - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

i think they start out as ej257's from subaru. rsutton has one of them in his '11 hatch i believe. at least according to the build thread

My 2011 Stage 2 Update

Looks like the stage one blocks from both are the same, with AWDTuning being slightly cheaper. TopSpeed has no equivalent to AWDTuning's stage two block (@ $3500). The TopSpeed RR.5 block is similar to AWDTuning's stage three block, but AWDTuning uses better connecting rods in theirs, and it's $295 cheaper than TopSpeed. The TopSpeed RR block is somewhat similar to an AWDTuning stage four block but for one major difference.. The AWDTuning stage four block comes with o-ringed Darton sleeves and costs $395 more. TopSpeed has no equivalent to the AWDTuning stage five block..

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    2.1L stroker

That is not a 2L.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Looks like the stage one blocks from both are the same, with AWDTuning being slightly cheaper. TopSpeed has no equivalent to AWDTuning's stage two block (@ $3500). The TopSpeed RR.5 block is similar to AWDTuning's stage three block, but AWDTuning uses better connecting rods in theirs, and it's $295 cheaper than TopSpeed. The TopSpeed RR block is somewhat similar to an AWDTuning stage four block but for one major difference.. The AWDTuning stage four block comes with o-ringed Darton sleeves and costs $395 more. TopSpeed has no equivalent to the AWDTuning stage five block..

That is not a 2L.
    That answered it, didn't really know what i was looking at when i was reading the specifics. thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.