My 2012 PBP WRX Hatch - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2012 PBP WRX Hatch within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Which ones are the rpf1's?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Which ones are the rpf1's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pattymeng View Post
    will be doing tranny mount and cross member bushings sometime in the next week or so. considering doing a light weight crank pulley as well, anyone have any feedback from doing one on their own car?
    I installed the Perrin Lightweight Crank Pulley about a month ago. I noticed a difference when cruising at lower rpms in 1st/2nd gear, it seems less jumpy when not on the throttle. Also, its 10x easier to rev match when you downshift at higher rpms. Is it worth $129.99 - No, but if you can find a new/used one for $60-$80, I'd say go for it.
    The install was easy, no need for the removal tool or belt stretcher on the 08+.. pretty much all you need is a torque wrench, 22mm socket, and some zip ties. Took about 20min from start to finish.

thanks for the input on the pulley. might be something i eventually do down the road then

OP --> pics of system ?

Nice ride!!! Is your car dropped?

Back when I had a Honda, rule was drop b4 wheels. Made sense as cars would look ridiculous looking like a 4x4 with rims no drop. After a while I hated it as a daily. Always scraping and couldn't give people rides. It looked good but it was headache. I guess it was fine then, I was single no kids.

Now I have a wife and kids. Can't drop the car. I do however need new wheels as I think I may have bent one of my rim.

Anyways, if your car is not dropped... It actually looks good. I maybe in the clear on getting aftermarket replacements.

ride height is stock actually, i will eventually do more suspension work and may lower it slightly but i dont think this car will ever see more than an inch drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaQuin View Post
    Nice ride!!! Is your car dropped?

Back when I had a Honda, rule was drop b4 wheels. Made sense as cars would look ridiculous looking like a 4x4 with rims no drop. After a while I hated it as a daily. Always scraping and couldn't give people rides. It looked good but it was headache. I guess it was fine then, I was single no kids.

Now I have a wife and kids. Can't drop the car. I do however need new wheels as I think I may have bent one of my rim.

Anyways, if your car is not dropped... It actually looks good. I maybe in the clear on getting aftermarket replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Amg14 View Post
    OP --> pics of system ?
    i will try to get pictures up of what i can. i didnt take any install pics or anything, but i can get a pic of the sub and amps in the back. its messy at the moment though haha i need to relocate the amps

Quote Originally Posted by pattymeng View Post
    i will try to get pictures up of what i can. i didnt take any install pics or anything, but i can get a pic of the sub and amps in the back. its messy at the moment though haha i need to relocate the amps
    OT- im trying to figure out what i want to do with my sub install. i have a 12'' hatch and im either going to have a box build that will fire towards towards the rear and rest against the back fold down seats (which would make folding the seats down to use the extra space difficult) or have a fiberglass box made to the side of the trunk to save on space. option 2 will cost like 2x more. thoughts anyone?

I Support ClubWRX
    Love those wheels on the plasma blue. Badass car man
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

hey got a question about your aem cai. i just bought one and am kinda worried about hydro locking the engine. have you had any problems with water ingestion on yours? i know that it sits behind the fenderwell and all but is there still the posibilty of it getting wet?

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Love those wheels on the plasma blue. Badass car man
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 12wrxphilly View Post
    hey got a question about your aem cai. i just bought one and am kinda worried about hydro locking the engine. have you had any problems with water ingestion on yours? i know that it sits behind the fenderwell and all but is there still the posibilty of it getting wet?
    I live in Florida and have not had an issue and haven't heard of it happening to anyone else. I guess it's a possibility but I don't see it actually happening unless you are careless

good point. thanks for the reply. btw love the ride.

Awesome build, what numbers are you hitting? Love those seats, great choice.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Awesome build, what numbers are you hitting? Love those seats, great choice.
    The seats were another guys haha but they do look nice. Me and 2 other guys went to a mustang dyno down here in the area. When the third car was on it we realized they never even turned the fans on haha. I put 306/319 I think on that one. We plan on going somewhere else eventually just to see what we're really putting down though

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.