'02 wrx wagon- dd/side-project - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on '02 wrx wagon- dd/side-project within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Everything yesterday went well. Installed radiator this morning before work and start it up. Ran perfect, then after burping the ...

Everything yesterday went well. Installed radiator this morning before work and start it up. Ran perfect, then after burping the cooling system, I decided to check for leaks. Boy was there a leak, my Mishimoto radiator was leaking bad. Sucks as they are on back order till August so I bought a factory replacement and new hoses today and will install before work tomorrow. I can see why shops charge so much to do this job, very time consuming. I worked on the car 14 hours yesterday, but this is the first dohc engine I have worked on so not too bad. The Company23 tools worked very well.

Now to get my up-pipe coated and the gaskets to get it installed and put in my Kartboy lock down bolts.
    '02 Midnight Black Pearl WRX wagon, 5-speed 207k miles
    factory short throw, triple gauge pod, premium sound
    Mishimoto radiator, drilled and slotted rotors

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Turns out my radiator wasn't leaking, just water coming out of the core from being rinsed off. PS valve cover still appears to be leaking as I see smoke every so often.

Upper radiator hose looked funny during t-belt job and I seem to be losing coolant with evidence of a leak where it attaches to the rad so I ordered a set of Samco black silicone hoses and t-bolt clamps.

New hoses on. Upper was leaking pretty good at the engine side. Had a trail of drips down to the oil filter.

Have not done much to the car lately. Replaced the afta-maf hose with a samco piece as mine started to split. Noticed the ps cv inner boot has split and starting noticing a fuel smell Christmas day. Planning on replacing the fuel lines and all rubber hoses in the intake manifold area along with the turbo inlet once I get tax returns.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Oooo I like those BBS RKs!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

great thread so far, needs moar pics though!!11!

you've got bigger balls than i do, i sent my car to the dealership to have the timing belt and oil cooler o ring replaced.

Just finished replacing the fuel lines and literally every rubber hose under the hood earlier this week. Also replaced all the half moons, ps in July and ds while doing this big job, along with the air/oil separator gaskets. Installed a perrin turbo inlet and a used set of samco intercooler hoses, along with some grimmspeed intercooler, bypass, tb, and tgv to intake gaskets. Turned out to be a bigger job than I thought. First hurdle was the retaining clip for injector 3 plug and tgv sensor broke. Ordered new pigtails, solder in the injector one and re-pinned the tgv sensor wires into the new connector. Second was the vacuum hose for the pressure regulator was too short, till I realized the nipple on the fpr had rotated, so I ordered a new one. And the last issue was the bolt holes for the power steering pump. I had to run a tap through two holes and installed longer bolts than factory to insure more threads being engaged. In total it took me about month to complete this task as me and my wife were down to one car between the two of us, luckily I work 3rd shift so it worked out ok. So far so good, except I got a cel p0442 after driving it to work a few days. Reset it today after re-seating the fuel cap. Hope I doesn't come back I will be glad, otherwise I will be checking connections at the purge solenoid and valve since that is the only thing to change in that system.
    Last edited by white-lightning; 11-15-2014 at 06:47 PM. Reason: typo

Here are some part and before pics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20141005_085746.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	174490

Name:	20141018_111347.jpg 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	174498

Name:	20141018_110810.jpg 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	174506

Name:	20141018_110821.jpg 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	174514

Name:	20141020_185557.jpg 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	174522

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.