Purchase date: February 11, 2013
I have a 60 mile commute to work, so first and foremost, I wanted to be comfortable! Audio was a huge priority from me to get things started. Moving forward, I'm interested in getting more into performance. I'm planning on getting involved with autocross through the Capital Driving Club, but it's still a pretty new world to me. I used to drive a 350Z, so I'm familiar with performance cars, but never really got involved with it as a hobby.
35% side tint, 20% on the hatch. Debadged. Exhaust finishers painted black. DIY tail light "overlay" mod (painted). Billet Stubby Antenna.
For exhaust finisher: Performix PLASTI DIP Intl. Mulit-Purpose Rubber Coating Spray BLACK 11oz
For tail lights: Krylon Stained Glass Color 6oz Red and Rust-Oleum 7701830 Stops Rust, 12 oz. Spray, Gloss Crystal Clear
- SPT 5MT short throw shifter
- Beltronics RX65-Red Professional Series Radar Detector
- MirrorMountTM for Beltronics RX65 STI Magnum, GX65
- Escort Direct Wire power cord
- UltraGauge OBDII Display
- OEM Footwell Illumination Kit (Red)
- Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH 2DIN 7" Touchscreen In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver
- Metra Axxess ASWC Universal Steering Wheel Control Interface
- Subaru of America Double DIN AV Panel Black Silver Gloss
- PAC 6' USB Cable with Mounting Bracket
- 2m 4-pole 3.5mm extension cable
- SVXdc's 20-pin forward harness (w/ 3 SWC wires)
- SVXdc's AVIC Parking Brake Bypass
- JL Audio 10W3v3-4 Subwoofer
- JL Audio SGRU-10 Subwoofer Grille
- JL Audio JX500/1D Mono Subwoofer Amp
- JL Audio RBC-1 Remote Bass Control and Cable
- Audio Integrations Perfect Fit™ Enclosure
- Monster XLN12S-18SB Standard Speaker Cable 12 Gauge
- Scosche 4-Gauge wiring kit
- Dynamat 10455 18" x 32" x 0.067" Thick Self-Adhesive Sound Deadener with Xtreme Bulk Pack (Set of 9)
- RAAMaudio Ensolite IUO Peel and Stick
- Phenryiv1's speaker spacers
- CDT Audio EF-61CF 6.5” Mid/Woofer
- Vifa OC25SC65-04 1" Textile Dome Tweeter
- Polk Audio DB651 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Possible rear fill, still undecided)
- I played around with a few Nav units on display at BestBuy. The AVIC-Z140BH seems like a pretty solid choice, and I've read nothing but good things about the Metra Axxess ASWC providing full functionality with this head unit in this car. If you're in the market for a new toy like this, by all means go play with a few options at a local big box store to make sure you're getting what you want...then come straight home and make the actual purchase online. BestBuy wanted $1200 for this head unit. I paid $637 on Amazon.
- The USB and 4-pole 3.5mm cables are to retain functionality in the media hub in the center console. I still need to get these installed.
- The UltraGauge is being used as a ghetto boost gauge that doesn't quite work in real time! That will eventually be replaced with an AccessPort once I acquire the funds to start tinkering more under the hood. That will likely be more of a long term project than anything immediate, since I think my wife is already starting to realize that all of those boxes that have been showing up on the front porch cost money.
- Winter tires, should probably get sooner than later. Will likely go on OEM wheels, thinking about black powdercoat. Still undecided on summer wheels.
- Eibach sway bars (25mm front, 22mm rear, adjustable)
- Kartboy rear endlinks
- GTWORX/Bilstein Racecomp Engineering Yellow "Sport" springs
- Nameless Performance 5" axleback exhaust
- COBB Tuning AccessPORT
- COBB Tuning SF CIA and airbox
- COBB Tuning 3" turbo downpipe
- Reupholster seats with Katzkin leather, add seat heaters. This is mostly for my wife.
More pics to come in the next few weeks. Cheers!