Bianca ('06 STi), A New Start - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bianca ('06 STi), A New Start within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How about suspension travel as well as having the ground clearance now? Any plans for that?...

How about suspension travel as well as having the ground clearance now? Any plans for that?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    How about suspension travel as well as having the ground clearance now? Any plans for that?
    About an inch and a half more with the lifting King springs and rebuilt struts will be about the most I'll be able to get, unless I decide to go for actual rally suspension. I think that'd be good enough, especially considering the fun I had with the WRX on almost the same setup, just with non-inverted struts.

Hope that answered the question Mike, I'd basically end up with anywhere from 1.5-3" of increase in ground clearance. This is the springs (~1.5"), spacers (I'd do anywhere from .5-1"), then whatever increase in wheel diameter I'd get with swapping in my 15" Braids with the Geolander rubber.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 06-30-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry for your loss. A few years ago we had to put down my 13 year old German Shepherd. It is tough but at least they aren't in pain anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 06-30-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry about your dog, Greg, but as I said before, you did the right thing by her...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Sorry for your loss. A few years ago we had to put down my 13 year old German Shepherd. It is tough but at least they aren't in pain anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Sorry about your dog, Greg, but as I said before, you did the right thing by her...
    Yep, that's how I feel. She'll be missed, but she is better off, just gotta give the wife time to get past this, since she was my wife's pup originally, and she considered the ol' girl her sister, since they grew up togeter (my wife got her at probably 11 or 12 IIRC).

Thanks again for the well wishes, one of the reasons I still spend a lot of time on this forum, other than the occasional NASTYSOCK d-bags, lol.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Are the 4/2 POTS so you can run smaller wheels?

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Are the 4/2 POTS so you can run smaller wheels?
    Indeed. Don't know how I didn't see a reply to my own thread.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 03-01-2014 at 09:57 AM.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    And this is why I hate some of these ****ing scumbag eBay sellers. Got electronic shipping info and a tracking number on Oct. 28, supposed to have been delivered by Nov. 8, and electronic shipping info never changed (meaning the seller never brought it to the post office or had it picked up). I message the ass-hat on Nov. 7, politely mind you, asking when it will actually get shipped, no response. So I open a dispute on the 18th, since it's been about 3 weeks at this point, and state that I want my item, seller decides that they will just refund my money, no reply, nothing, just a refund. Seems like the ******* realized that they started the price lower than they could have and decided to not follow through with the sale. ****ing ****-cheese.
    That happens all too often.

I'm sort of in the the shoe game with Jordans and Lebrons and stuff. Found a pair of Lebrons I really wanted...got them for a KILLER deal since it was a no-reserve auction. Got em for $115 where they were going for $160 or so in all other auctions. Kid messages me 2 days later saying, "Sorry...my roommate stole them, so I can't ship them" and refunded my money. Piece of ****.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That happens all too often.

I'm sort of in the the shoe game with Jordans and Lebrons and stuff. Found a pair of Lebrons I really wanted...got them for a KILLER deal since it was a no-reserve auction. Got em for $115 where they were going for $160 or so in all other auctions. Kid messages me 2 days later saying, "Sorry...my roommate stole them, so I can't ship them" and refunded my money. Piece of ****.
    People like them are why I wish I could physically pimp slap people physically, but through the internet. I'd be leaving red hand prints on a lot of people out there, though it would eventually escalate into just choking people out and then removing their ability to reproduce.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Tried the eBay route for my taillights again. Didn't get the super deal I was after, but $222.50 for a pair of BNIB OEM tails is still just fine as far as I'm concerned. Now, let's hope it's not a repeat of the last time.
    Good luck!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

My wife got back to El Paso on the 1st, for anyone who follows along, since she'd been in VA since May or June (I left in April), to see friends and spend time with her Mom. I got her to open the boxes for the taillights (came in the OEM packaging, mostly), the one that was opened for pictures was missing any protection beyond the box for the lens, so there is scuffs all along the "corner" of the lens, but no cracks. The micro scratching should buff-out though, and I sure as hell am not sending them back at this point.

Also had the wife open up a few of my other packages to confirm lack of damage from shipping, but only made it about a quarter way through the stack (6 or 7 packages) before the internet here got crappy again. Maybe I'll just ask her to lay out all the boxes and open the rest for me, and then take pics of the items. Or maybe not, as she is rather pissed about the mass of packages that were waiting in the house when she got back (~30 packages overall). I just know that I'm going to have plenty of car stuff to keep me busy for a good while this summer, it'll just suck working in my garage closed (no auto work in the garages by housing rules, I say **** that, I got a garage baby!). Maybe I can get my buddy to let me come over and work there since he has no such rules, or didn't when I left.
    Last edited by gregroot198521; 01-13-2014 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Clarifying/correcting
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

damn man...I'm jealous about your package's! Post up some pics!
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Wow, that is one hell of a "to be installed list"! Can't wait to see it!
    Stink Eye Mob #596
    2011 OBP WRX
    Hatchlife

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarWRX View Post
    Wow, that is one hell of a "to be installed list"! Can't wait to see it!
    Same here. Now if I could unload some of my old parts from the '11 WRX, I could buy the rest of my "need" list, and increase the amount of stuff to install.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread

This should be cool to see. Looking forward to it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.