Subaru WRX Forum banner

D's 2011 SWP Sedan

30K views 137 replies 22 participants last post by  derekd2222 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought the car in Sep, 2011 and was able to keep it stock for just over a year. The only options it came with were the SPT trunk trim, all-weather floor mats, and wheel locks. Every mod to date I've performed myself or with the help of friends. It's been a learning process and a whole lot of fun. Not sure if I like modding it or driving it more, lol

Picture from the first week I picked it up:

Current picture as it sits today:

Current Dyno plots: 322/334 on 93; 350/375 on E85

Dyno pull of E85
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=867803046592277

Current Mod List:

Under the Hood:
ACT Heavy Duty Street Clutch
Cobb 1000cc Injectors
Cobb Short Flow Intake, Black hose
Cobb Air box, DEI gold tape on engine side
Deatschworks 65C Fuel Pump
Forge Bypass Valve, Black
Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Controller
Grimmspeed Air-Oil Separator, Black
IAG Black brake, clutch, coolant, oil, and washer fluid caps
Kartboy Short Throw Shifter
Kartboy Front/Rear Shifter Bushings
Kartboy Light Weight Crank Shaft Pulley, Black
Killer B Holy Headers, Swaintech white-lightning coated
Killer B Alternator Cover, painted copper
Killer B Radiator Shroud, painted copper
Nameless Performance Down-Pipe, Cat-less, Swaintech white-lightning coated
Nameless turbo heat-shield w/ Red accent plate
NGK 1-step colder plugs
Miltek Sport Cat-Back Exhaust
Optima Red-top Battery
Perrin Turbo Inlet, Black
Process West Top Mount Intercooler, paint stripped and DEI gold tape wrapped, Subaru logo painted
Sickspeed Dressup bolts, Black
SPT Battery Tie-down, Grey
SPT Strut Tower Brace
STi Group N Pitch Stop mount
STi Group N Transmission mount
Torque Solutions Rear Diff Inserts

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
Brembo calipers from 2011 STi, painted White
Eibach 25mm Front Sway Bar
Eibach 22mm Rear Sway Bar
Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
ISC Rear Control Arms
Kartboy Front/Rear Endlinks
StopTech Sport Slotted Street Rotors
RCE Black "Regular Guy" springs
Koni Yellow Strut inserts, 08' donor front struts
Ambit RT8 Wheels, Gunmetal Grey, 18x9.5" +38
wrapped in BFGoodrich Continental's 265/35/18

Interior:
All Aspects Motorsports Pro-tunes for 93/E85
2012 Forester head unit, CP635U1
2013 STi front/back seats, Black Alcantara/Leather
Arctic White Alcantara self-wrapped A, B and C pillars
Arctic White Alcantara self-wrapped headliner
Black STi interior plastics from the windows up
Black Alcantara self-wrapped OEM cluster hood
Black Alcantara self-wrapped STi center console with custom SI drive delete
Cobb Access Port, Version 3, Grey Alcantara wrapped face plate
Custom Carbon Fiber SPt steering wheel emblem
Defi 52mm USDM Red Racer Boost Gauge, w/ JDM gauge hood
DTM D-shaped steering wheel, Black/Grey Alcantara with Red stitching
Grey Alcantara self-wrapped air bag cover
Grey Alcantara self-wrapped dash trim
Grey Alcantara self-wrapped radio bezel
JPM Coachworks Arm-Rest Cover, E-Brake Boot, Elbow Pads, and Shift Boot, Black Alcantara with Red stitching
OEM under-seat Panasonic subwoofer
MB 52mm Gauge Pod self-wrapped in Black Alcantara with Red stitching
White LED replacement dome/map/trunk lights
Red OEM footwell illumination kit
STi Aluminum/Leather 5MT shift knob
RAAM audio Sound deadening in all doors and roof

Exterior:
BaysonR S206 type side skirts
Custom Carbon Fiber fender badges with Silver SPt logo
Custom Carbon Fiber front plate delete with horizontal piston logo (uninstalled)
De-badged grill and trunk
Grillcraft lower bumper grille insert
Quad Hella super tones, painted Black
HT Autos Grille, paint matched SWP
HT Autos Rear lips and exhaust shield
HT Autos S206 Trunk lip spoiler replica, satin black
LED switchback front turn signals
LED high beams
INNO medium fairing
INNO INA387 slim bike rails
JDM rear fog light
OEM Rain Guards
OEM Roof Rails
OEM Vortex Generator
Phillips H11 low beams
Projector fog-light housings w/ yellow 3K bulbs
Rally Armor Mud Flaps, Black w/ Red lettering
SPT Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim
2008 STi mirrors w/ LED turn signals
35% Window Tint all around
Vinyl Wrapped Window trim Gloss Black Metallic

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm just waiting for a break in the weather. Threw the exhaust/intake on a couple weeks ago, along with the tune, but it's been raining or cold ever since. I've been trying to avoid too much "spirited driving" since I can't monitor boost/afr levels real time. Also, I had to install the WBO2 sensor in the down pipe, but right now it's just tied off in the engine bay :(

#4 · (Edited)
Haven't posted in a while. Car's coming along really well now, and have done a lot of installs lately. Can't wait for better weather to get the rest of my parts installed. And an updated picture of course:

And my first attempt at washing the engine bay...can't believe I haven't done this sooner:

#7 · (Edited)
Whenever it stops raining or being super cold I'll get a couple more things done and snap some shots. Got the JDM fog light installed today and removed the SPT carbon fiber trim piece from the trunk (clear coat was chipping) Guess I have to buy another one because I don't like how it looks that silver color.

#9 ·
Getting the new wheels mounted up next week, and should be sunny for some decent pics. In the meantime, I've been experimenting with Alcantara wrapping. It's definitely not easy, but worth it when it's done. Here are some preliminary shots of my handiwork (not perfect yet, still practicing).

#10 · (Edited)
Steering wheel installed...can't believe how much of a difference the feel is compared to stock. Also wrapped the airbag cover, but mangled the Subaru emblem in the process...anyone know where to buy a new one?

#12 ·
Interesting. I never really liked those wheels when seen by themselves...but they look pretty good on your car.

The alcantara looks good too!

#14 · (Edited)
Got the plugs, pulley and fuel pump installed. Car feels a lot smoother while driving, there's less response time in the gas pedal...just seems to feel less stressed when I press it, and isn't as un-happy at low RPMs...hard to explain, but I like it.

Also finally de-badged the front and back completely...was on the fence about it forever and now I can't believe it took me this long to do. I always liked the cleaner look, but thought just leaving the WRX badge looked awkward...I like symmetry I suppose.

#15 ·
Wait...how did you get STI wheels on there previously? Hub adapter?

#18 ·
Yep, 25mm hub adapter...gave the stock STi wheels a great looking aggressive stance, but I wasn't impressed with the drive quality...getting these TSP6's at a +45 offset still look alright (and drives great) but I do miss that look. Will probably go with a wider tire eventually.

#16 ·
^^^ Yeah he had another thread about them

#19 ·
Yeah those STI wheels are heavy as hell too...I test fitted a set on my old 05 STI when I put my coilovers on just because a buddy had them laying around in his garage.

#21 ·
Finished installing my Hella Super Tones today! Got a good deal on them used from another member with the subi-mods bracket and wiring harness included. I painted them black and combined with de-badging the grill I'm satisfied with the stealthy look. I hear a lot about how obnoxiously loud they are, but I don't really think so. I park outside though, so maybe in a garage they would be deafening...although my hearing is pretty terrible, so that could have something to do with it also :confused:

#24 ·
Well, my Brembo kit is all ready to install. I debated on the color for a while, but finally decided to go with my initial thought. I tried mixing some satin pearl paint mixture in, but it didn't come out (instead it just made the paint bumpy). Lesson learned...I'll probably repaint them Silver or Red next time. They look OK, should look really good once installed.

#25 · (Edited)
Still waiting on time/shop availability to get the brakes installed, but got some custom carbon fiber fender badges in. They're awesome quality, and match the OEM SPt pieces. Also got a new steering wheel emblem from them to clean up my interior a bit. Installed:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.