Keff108's Build Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Keff108's Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; About a week ago I picked up my brand new 13 CBS Wrx Hatchback premium. I ordered the car about ...

Keff108's Build Thread

About a week ago I picked up my brand new 13 CBS Wrx Hatchback premium. I ordered the car about a month a half ago and it was well worth the wait. Options from the factory included: Upgraded shock sensor security system, Wheel locks, Sti short shifter and auto dimming rearview mirror. I am loving have the new car. My previous car I traded in on it was a 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe. A big change from my previous car to the new one but Im getting used to it. Living up in PA we do get snow which is the main reason I made the switch to the Wrx for the awd feature. This isnt going to be a fast paced build thread like alot of other on here because I want to be able to use my warranty if something goes wrong but I still will be upgrading the car and doing motor work. So far I have only done a few small things such as throw on a Cobb delrin red collar shift knob. And today I just got the OEM roof rack in that I was able to throw on fairly quickly. I am waiting on my Cobb AP to get in hopefully this week or next and once I hit 1,000 miles I will be flashing to stage 1. My next purchase will most likely be the AEM cold air intake as Ive heard very good reviews on it. I really dont have an overall plan for the car yet but Ive been looking around the forums and checking out other builds to see what everyones doing. Heres a few pictures in stock form for right now. I plan to get the windows tinted something within the next week. Looking to go with 20% all around.

I will try to keep this as updated as possible while I personalize the car to my liking. The new rex got its first snow last night we only got about an inch but still. Took a quick drive and was amazed at how easily the car took the snow. Coming from a rwd car it was a world of difference. I know that I am still on stock tires and they are summer and I am fully aware and very cautious. Eventually I would like to get a winter wheel/tire combo for the winters. Thats pretty much all for now. Like I said I will keep this updated as I progress with the car. Thanks everyone!
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A quick Iphone pic of my Cobb shift knob.

Some small updates on the car:

Im at just about 500 miles on her now still babying her and keeping it under 4k rpms. Tomorrow I should have my Cobb AP in but it will not be used until I break the motor in. I also scheduled my appointment for my tint and tail light overlays. All of that will be happening this upcoming monday.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

Took my car up to a well known shop this morning to get the windows tinted, tail light overlays done and the fog light overlays. Im extremely happy with how everything came out. These guys did an awesome job and got it done in no time. Anyone from the Philadelphia area and look for tint call the guys at "Shades of Gray" tint up. Heres a few pictures of my car:

You can see the yellow fog light overlays:

Heres a side view:

And heres the tail light overlays:

Like I said I'm very happy with the outcome they did an awesome job. I went with 15% all the way around. Sorry my car isn't clean we have been having some ****ty weather around here lately. Looking to get an intake next and going stage 1. Does anyone have any recommendations on intakes? Ive been trying to decide between the Cobb SF and the AEM. A friend of mine has a slightly used Cobb SF for cheap so for now I might go that route. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

I'm happy with your Flyers decal.
    I'm not happy with the Flyers themselves right now.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I agree with ya there. Im a huge Flyers fan and always will be tho lol

They will bring it around. Its only the beginning of a shortened season so they better get it together soon.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

A few little updates here.

My buddy had a Cobb SF intake laying around from before he went rotated turbo so I was able to pick that up yesterday and I also got in my Inno fairing for my roof rack yesterday so overall it was a good day around here. I installed the Cobb intake and flashed it through Cobb AP for stage 1 +SF. Took it out for a drive and I was very impressed. Car sounds amazing now, I can finally hear my turbo and bpv! I def thought it felt a little stronger too but idk. The only thing I need to get is the box for the SF which i will order next week. I dont like how the filter is sitting there and would rather have the box to prevent heat soak. Heres a few recent pictures:

Inno Fairing

Cobb SF intake

2013 Wrx Black Hatch

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Looks good!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

welcome looks good ! where are you from in PA?

Ruh Roh

Im from Newtown Square. Near King of Prussia area. Im only about 15 min away from KOP Mall.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by keff108 View Post
    Ruh Roh

Im from Newtown Square. Near King of Prussia area. Im only about 15 min away from KOP Mall.
    nice im not too far from there. having a meet this saturday if youd care to join, link provided below with all the info.

1st Sly Fox Semi-annual meat!! 2/2/13

Im busy tomorrow but hopefully there will be meets going on in the area when the weather starts to turn around. I'd like to get out to a few Subbie meets and meet a bunch of local guys. Looking for more opinions on which direction to go with this car.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

Got a few pictures from earlier today. Salt on the roads is ridiculous around here so she's not clean. Cant wait for the warmer weather to get a nice detail in. Nothing really has changed but Im starting to look into possibly going stage 2 with a catted down pipe. Does anyone have advice or any dp's that they really like or dont like?

And a few pictures of my buddys hatch

2013 Wrx Black Hatch

Got some nice weather around here yesterday about 52 degrees. I got the hose out of the garage and decided to take my time and give her a nice hand wash. It feels good to be outside and not be freezing my ass off haha

Im waiting on my Invidia catted downpipe to come in and go stage 2. Im thinking about getting rid of the Cobb OTS map and going with a TP tune. Ive heard alot of good things about there tunes and I'd like to get as much as I can outta this Stage 2 because I will probably be here performance wise for a while. After I get all that squared away next ill be looking towards sway bars and endlinks. Thats all for now.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

Got my Invidia catted downpipe in finally. Hopefully if I get time this week I can throw it on after work one day and finally go stage 2.

Im thinking of going with a TP tune after I go stage 2. Any opinions on TP tunes?
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by keff108
    Im thinking of going with a TP tune after I go stage 2. Any opinions on TP tunes?
    They're cheap
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast