My Car - 1 year old year of hell - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on My Car - 1 year old year of hell within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When your post is edited to remove the self-imposed problems and picayune issues, your experience still isn't the best. However, ...

I Support ClubWRX
    When your post is edited to remove the self-imposed problems and picayune issues, your experience still isn't the best. However, arriving at your conclusion, "generally poor quality car", no longer fits.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Keep in mind, the rattles and transmission issues have nothing to do with any 'mods'. The clunk was from poorly manufactured springs from a well known company.

The headlight thing is totally my fault.

Everything else is just bad luck. It just seems like a lot of bad luck in a short period of time.

Ya just keep your chin up! I wouldn't blame it on the car like you said just some bad luck and some bad parts! Can happen to anybody and any car!

My Car - 1 year old year of hell

Quote Originally Posted by Zman13 View Post
    Makes me want to keep my car stock..lol
    I'm keeping my damn car stock for real! It's just good enough..

Quote Originally Posted by karim View Post
    I'm keeping my damn car stock for real! It's just good enough..
    LOL...I friggin hear ya! Me too.. I might go Axleback for the awsome sound but thats it! Axlebacks are totally safe! All that other stuff i think i will pass..

My Car - 1 year old year of hell

LOL...I friggin hear ya! Me too.. I might go Axleback for the awsome sound but thats it! Axlebacks are totally safe! All that other stuff i think i will pass..
    Absolutely! I never modified my 05 LGT and was my DD for 6 years! All I did is change oil and keep it clean and never had problems. Same will be for my 13 WRX. If you want more power, get an STI. If you are not satisfied, maybe you should consider an AMG or M3

Sorry to hear about your issues man. Maybe that will take care of the gremlins for awhile.
    I did the Nameless axleback and I like the sound (most of the time). I'm glad I didn't go with the deletes as it is pretty loud with the 4" mufflers. I put a BOV on and replaced the stock air filter with an AEM dry filter. I have a COBB intake that I am going to put on eventually, when I buy an accessport, but so far I have had no issues. I doubt that I will go too far with my mods as I need to keep it reliable since it is my dd.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds mostly like bad luck to me. Stuff happens. Here is to hoping everything works out for you & your luck improves.

Also, what tune are you running for that Agency Power catless downpipe? If you are running the Cobb OTS map for Stage 2 you should have seen the map notes mention that you need a catted DP.

It isn't easy mating downpipes & catbacks of different makes because of different designs. Exhaust leaks can mostly be fixed in cases like your with a downpipe to midpipe gasket sold by one of our vendors, Grimmspeed.

I fixed all the rattles. Took the entire interior apart for the audio install. Installed Dynamat in the doors & floor ,& foam material wherever I noticed rattling noises. Now, not a squeak of of the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Think even if you go with MOD's like a filter and access port as long as you have a way to read the AF ratio all the time its probably fine. But if you have a dealer that is not MOD freindly and something goes wrong i just dont know if its worth it! As far as the STI being faster according to Car and driver and other reviews the WRX is STOCK form is faster then the STI in STOCK form the reason that they gave was the gearing was taller in the STI from the factory and made for slower shifts because of it being a 6 speed with with taller gears mainly threw 1st threw 3rd i think!! Where they said the WRX had shorter shifts in all gears believe it or not.. Now with MOD's the STI will and can be faster in the end because of the stronger tranny and you can build it easier with out it breaking the tranny! (Well i should say not faster but more reliably fast)...That being said from what i hear you can still make a WRX pretty fast up to a good point with no worries if you know what your doing and use good parts!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I Think even if you go with MOD's like a filter and access port as long as you have a way to read the AF ratio all the time its probably fine
    While I agree that a WBO2 is never a bad plan in any form of modification, it's not really necessary until an intake and injectors are modified.

The panel filter will not require MAF scaling.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    While I agree that a WBO2 is never a bad plan in any form of modification, it's not really necessary until an intake and injectors are modified.

The panel filter will not require MAF scaling.
    Sorry thats what i ment by Filter was an Intake! My bad... Ya i think it would be fine with just a drop in filter but i still heard it can run lean even with them! Not sure tho...

... I think it would be fine with just a drop in filter but i still heard it can run lean even with them! Not sure tho...
    I have a drop in AEM and removed the resonator at the base of the stock intake without doing any sort of tune, no CELs.
    Everyone says that replacing the stock intake will throw a CEL if you don't do a tune, and I haven't verified that, but I find it hard to believe that an aftermarket intake flows that much better than the stock one modded like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12