T0RQUE'S '11 Lightning Red Sedan Build Thread - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on T0RQUE'S '11 Lightning Red Sedan Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 I beg to differ. We will find out after I install mine this weekend. Another source ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I beg to differ.

We will find out after I install mine this weekend. Another source of my possible clunking. The stockers are the softest rubber used on our cars.
    Beatrush Propeller Shaft Mount Bushings Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2013 WRX / STI) S76010PMB at RallySportDirect.com

These?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes those

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Yes those
    TiC and Kartboy said they do nothing. I want you to do a review because im interested in them.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't see how they can't. I have them on my 05 and it keeps the driveshaft from having any possible movement. The rubber that is replaced by those is basically bubble gum.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    TiC and Kartboy said they do nothing. I want you to do a review because im interested in them.
    Do you have the source of that, by chance? I'm curious.

The torque solutions version of them is only $35.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post

Beatrush Propeller Shaft mounts - NASIOC

I found this thread while I was researching them.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Yeah those are the ones that I got. While Beatrush is awesome and bling money yo, I'm not spending double the money over the Torque ones. They are solid aluminum and good quality. Should be doing them this weekend.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Beatrush Propeller Shaft mounts - NASIOC

I found this thread while I was researching them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Yeah those are the ones that I got. While Beatrush is awesome and bling money yo, I'm not spending double the money over the Torque ones. They are solid aluminum and good quality. Should be doing them this weekend.
    Gotcha. Let me know Mikie. For ~$35... Meh. Not a big deal if its nothing great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Gotcha. Let me know Mikie. For ~$35... Meh. Not a big deal if its nothing great.
    I actually read a couple of reviews of these bushings, one of them on an 05 STI where a guy had clunking with every time he pressed the clutch (which is exactly what happens to me), and they stopped the clunk all together. I am HOPING TO GOD that this will finally solve my clunk. One of the pics of the stockers shows just how soft they are, just like Bo said: bubble gum. I'm praying here.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I Support ClubWRX
    If I'm doing it, I'm doing it you know? I'm just not going to leave some bubble gum in the driveshaft when I could swap them for little money and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    If I'm doing it, I'm doing it you know? I'm just not going to leave some bubble gum in the driveshaft when I could swap them for little money and be done with it.
    Yah, just let me know if it changes how the car feels. I'm lazy or I would order them and do them already since they are cheap.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Will do

I Support ClubWRX
    So I'm apparently not the only one that was curious about them.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    On the horizon:

Interior bits are currently being ordered to go from a nice bottom black interior and ugly top gray interior to being all Black. I am buying all the plastic pieces from a 2011 STi sedan as they have black interior all around. The headliner will be done in suede.

Brakes:
    I am blowing another set of Brembos apart for powder coating. They will be going on the 04 STi, which in turn the 04 Brembos will then get ripped apart and coated to be fitted to the WRX. Not sure how much I am going to do on this build as last time I went nutso and bought a bunch of parts that weren't really needed, but blinged it out.. I plan to go simple this time but really pay close attention to detail and I hope things will really turn out nice.

Currently:
    Car goes BACK to the body shop. I ran over 15 gallons of hot pink paint that happened to fall out of a truck and somehow my luck got all over the passenger side of my car. I am not happy with the paint in its current condition and I plan to keep this car for a long time, I want everything perfect and I want it now.. Fenders are getting re-rolled, quarter panels painted. Passenger side has some dings and scratches I want gone and the drivers side skirt is now ****ed up thanks to some idiots skate board. It's unfortunate but when people don't take proper care of Subaru paint, especially RED it turns to **** quick!

Nice Bo...what color you planning for Brembos now?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.