T0RQUE'S '11 Lightning Red Sedan Build Thread - Page 12
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

This is a discussion on T0RQUE'S '11 Lightning Red Sedan Build Thread within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was planning to install the fog lights anyway and just do a winter look/summer look but couldn't find anywhere ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I was planning to install the fog lights anyway and just do a winter look/summer look but couldn't find anywhere that the fog lights fit with both covers. I did this on my 2005 STi way back in 05 and I liked the ability to use them/loose them. But just haven't been motivated enough to try it. I will be pulling the bumper back off for the clear bra install in 2 weeks so will see then.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Well I get to pull the tranny out and replace the clutch. This is a bit unexpected on a car with only 30k but beings that Ive driven it about 300 miles and well bearing noise when the clutch pedal is depressed and no bearing noise with the foot off the clutch and in neutral. Also the feeling of the clutch is like feeling broken teeth on the pressure plate or springs on the friction disk.

Car is 100% stock, so what should I buy now in preparation to do the clutch. If I remove it and there is a better part out there I want to do it now. Any ideas. Already looking at short shifts and the like.. Trans mount? Is the group n any good? is there better? Lets hear it.

I don't know what you should upgrade as far as the actual clutch but the group N tranny mount is nothing short of amazing. I run that plus the KB shifter bushings and it shifts so much better now, you lose all the jerkiness you get when you let off the throttle, its great.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I am using Stance rear diff mounts and Whiteline trans mounts, an ACT HD clutch and SL flywheel, PPG ac gears 1-3oe/4-5lg, and a cryo'd diff/DSS axles.

The trans mounts will make the casing stop wiggling when you are shifting on bumpy road, it just feels more solid. I was not given any warnings about any risks, and nothing has gone wrong at all.

I can't speak for what will wear out more quickly due to/when upgrading the bushings. It is my understanding that it does stress the drive-train more, the more you stiffen the mounting points.

Well what kind of power are you looking at for the red guy, Bo? I think that should determine what clutch you should go with. No point in spending more money when the Exedy OEM style would be plenty. But if you're going to up the power significantly, then perhaps stepping to a Stage 1 clutch would be worth it.

Definitely do all trans and diff mounts you can. They rock. Group-N tranny mount will be a good mix between performance and still keep a bit of comfort over a solid trans mount. But definitely get Trans mount bushings to go with it. The stock ones are the softest rubber ever and should be replaced.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Car is 100% stock, so what should I buy now in preparation to do the clutch. If I remove it and there is a better part out there I want to do it now. Any ideas. Already looking at short shifts and the like.. Trans mount? Is the group n any good? is there better? Lets hear it.
    If you don't mind a bit of noise in the lower gears, I'd give it the full business. TiC Super shift kit, group N tranny/engine mounts, and TiC Crossmember bushings. After I did mine, shifting is a new experience in mine. I know the 6sp is a bit different than the 5sp though. Clutch wise, I can't help ya there.

My $0.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

There is most definitely such a thing as "too much clutch". The further from stock you go, the louder, more aggressive, and in many cases durable, at the cost of ease of use, quiet, etc.

There is also the possibility of having so much clutch that other things go bad.
    You probably don't need a 3/4/6 puck or twin plate. The issues those would cause are NOT worth their benefits under 450hp.

The most important part is the bearing, always use a new one.

are you not getting it fixed under warranty bc you plan on doing all these mods anyway?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    The local dealership claims that there is nothing wrong with the clutch and if I'd like them to replace the clutch they claimed it would be $1700 parts and labor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque
    The local dealership claims that there is nothing wrong with the clutch and if I'd like them to replace the clutch they claimed it would be $1700 parts and labor.
    Fireball the service managers house. Right after you get done with doing the same to that bitch neighbor of yours...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Hahaha.. Yea I def should do that. They just don't want to deal with me because of all the negative surveys and Internet bashing I have done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    Hahaha.. Yea I def should do that. They just don't want to deal with me because of all the negative surveys and Internet bashing I have done to them.
    First I monitor your internet activity. Then the Dealer monitors your internet activity. Then the government monitors it. Where does it stop.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Probably about the time they find out you aren't selling ice cream out of that van of yours.

bahahaha fair enough
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	william2.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	113489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	william3.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	113488

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.