whats a good stage 2 clutch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on whats a good stage 2 clutch within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im fixin to put on a garrett 28rs on my 08 wrx and should be toping out at 370 hp ...

im fixin to put on a garrett 28rs on my 08 wrx and should be toping out at 370 hp so pretty sure I need a stronger clutch any suggestion's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the 6 puck sprung ACT in my wrx that was about 350hp and 410tq. Loved it, never slipped. Takes a bit getting use to but it's nice knowing that your clutch will hold. If you have the cash get the exedy twin disc setup.

I Support ClubWRX
    Clutches are rated on torque, not horsepower. What does your tuner recommend?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    ACT HDSS wouldn't be a bad choice ..

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    ACT HDSS wouldn't be a bad choice ..
    ya i'm thinking that one is going to be my choice the other clutch's are a little out my price range and ive have a centerforce dual friction in a truck I had long time ago and needless to say was a real pain in the ass to drive and also I have a two and a half year old son and my wife might also be driving it also..how much can a stock wrx tranny hold up to (stock internals) thanks for your input guys

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_tunin View Post
    .how much can a stock wrx tranny hold up to (stock internals)

Depends on the year model and how it's driven. I've seen plenty of people break them at stock power levels.. Early 02 I wouldn't trust past ~260wtq, late 02-03 maybe ~290wtq.. 04-05 around 320wtq, 08+ should be okay up to 350wtq, but it really depends on how you drive it.

thanks guys I currently have a invinda downpipe catless 3 inch straight pipe stage 2 cobb short ram list goes on.. Im trying to use the accesstuner is there a class I can take to figure this out I would really like to learn it in n out.. thanks guys sorry im kinda new to this efi **** lol

There are some EFI classes out there.. I don't know anything about Cobb specific, but general knowledge about tuning carries over pretty well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.