whats a good stage 2 clutch

This is a discussion on whats a good stage 2 clutch within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im fixin to put on a garrett 28rs on my 08 wrx and should be toping out at 370 hp ...

im fixin to put on a garrett 28rs on my 08 wrx and should be toping out at 370 hp so pretty sure I need a stronger clutch any suggestion's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had the 6 puck sprung ACT in my wrx that was about 350hp and 410tq. Loved it, never slipped. Takes a bit getting use to but it's nice knowing that your clutch will hold. If you have the cash get the exedy twin disc setup.

I Support ClubWRX
    Clutches are rated on torque, not horsepower. What does your tuner recommend?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    ACT HDSS wouldn't be a bad choice ..

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    ACT HDSS wouldn't be a bad choice ..
    ya i'm thinking that one is going to be my choice the other clutch's are a little out my price range and ive have a centerforce dual friction in a truck I had long time ago and needless to say was a real pain in the ass to drive and also I have a two and a half year old son and my wife might also be driving it also..how much can a stock wrx tranny hold up to (stock internals) thanks for your input guys

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx_tunin View Post
    .how much can a stock wrx tranny hold up to (stock internals)

Depends on the year model and how it's driven. I've seen plenty of people break them at stock power levels.. Early 02 I wouldn't trust past ~260wtq, late 02-03 maybe ~290wtq.. 04-05 around 320wtq, 08+ should be okay up to 350wtq, but it really depends on how you drive it.

thanks guys I currently have a invinda downpipe catless 3 inch straight pipe stage 2 cobb short ram list goes on.. Im trying to use the accesstuner is there a class I can take to figure this out I would really like to learn it in n out.. thanks guys sorry im kinda new to this efi **** lol

I Support ClubWRX
    There are some EFI classes out there.. I don't know anything about Cobb specific, but general knowledge about tuning carries over pretty well.