2011 OBP WRX STI - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2011 OBP WRX STI within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Been a while since I've posted an update. Instead of pulling the engine and re-using I opted to start fresh ...

Been a while since I've posted an update.

Instead of pulling the engine and re-using I opted to start fresh with new case halves. The compression is being bumped up to 10:1 and E85 will be in the car's future (93 on a daily basis). I'm still not sure what happened with the old block but my shop's Owner, lead tech, and myself all agree that it was probably just a blown headgasket. We won't know for sure until the engine comes out and the heads are sent off with the new engine to get re-surfaced. The new engine is currently at ERL getting some fanciness done to it and will be back soon.

ID2000s are going to replace the ID1000s currently being used and we'll be wiring up 2 walbro 255s to supply them. I've been asked by a few people why I'm not going with a smaller injector. My shop is very experienced with the ID2000s and none of their cars suffer from 'drivability' or 'idling' issues that i've been warned about. We were experiencing a slightly lean condition on the top end at around 440whp using 93 octane with the ID1000s so the 1300s wouldn't have given us enough headroom for E85 and 10 more pounds of boost either.

While I don't have a power goal I'll be happy with 450whp at 28 psi on 93 (previously it was at 405 at 25psi, 430 at 26psi with 9:1 compression) I definitely think that it will be capable of a 'conservative' 575 on E85 but I'm worried that I'll get hooked and end up making weekly 90 mile round trips for fuel.

I acquired a JUN front diffuser from a friend who had one lying around. It will be installed with the Varis rear diffuser. I hope to have a center panel fabricated by a good friend of mine (Carl, who is the owner of Driveway Labs if anyone is familiar with the BRZ/FRS community) to connect the two and complete the undercarriage.

I also have to order new stickers from Volk because the Hyper Yellow wheels stickers seem to fade to white when they're exposed to extreme temperatures.
    Last edited by Orestes85; 08-25-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    The Turboturtle Build Log
    Spec Ops Motorsports
    ETS GTX3576r -- GSC S2 -- 9:1 Compression Motor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234