Subaru WRX Forum banner

Noah's 09 WRX Sedan

26K views 128 replies 11 participants last post by  wrx650 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I would start a build thread for input and advice as well as to track what I have done. I do hope to do quite a bit more in the future. :D Tips and advice are more than welcome.

Engine/Performance/ Dressup:

Invidia Catted Downpipe
Invidia Q300 Exhaust
Torqued Performance Custom Stage 2 Tune
AEM CAI
GrimmSpeed EBCS
Forge BPV

Wheels/Suspension/Drivetrain/Braking:

General Altimax Arctic on 16" Steelies (Winter)
Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 235/45R17 (Summer)
2011 WRX Wheels - 20% Gloss Black Powder Coat (Summer)
17x9 +45 Enkei RPF1 with 255/40R17 Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec
Subimods Delrin Front Shifter Bushings
COBB Rear Shifter Bushing
Rallitek 25 mm Front Sway Bar
Rallitek 22 mm Rear Sway Bar
Rallitek HD Front and Rear Endlinks
Perrin Master Cylinder Brace
Techna-Fit Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Motul 600 Brake Fluid
Group N Transmission Mount
Group N Crossmember Bushings
Torque Solutions Pivot Bushings
Perrin Subframe Lockdown Kit
Whiteline Rear Diff Positive Power Kit Inserts
COBB Sport Springs
Koni Insert
Whiteline Com 'C' Caster/Camber Adjusting Strut Mount (Shipped)

Exterior:

Rally Armor Mudflaps
Carbon Fiber and Flat Black Badge Overlays
Tinted Windows (Done before I bought the car; not sure the numbers)
De-Badged Trunk
Cleveland Parking Door Dent and Bumper Scratches :(

Interior:

Kartboy Delrin Shift Knob
Carbon Fiber and Flat Black Steering Wheel Badge Overlay
OEM Blue Floor Lights
WeatherTech FloorLiner DigitalFit

Maintenance:
Brad Penn 10W-30
Subaru OEM Blue Filter
Motul 600 Brake Fluid
Subaru Extra-S Gear Oil (Transmission and Rear Differential)

Waiting to install:

StopTech BBK
Earl's Temp-A-Cure Oil Cooler
Prosport Oil Pressure Gauge
Prosport Oil Temperature Gauge
Prosport Intercooler Input/Output Dual Temperature Gauge
SMY Clustermaker Dual Gauge Pod
Bell Intercoolers Custom Top Mount Intercooler
Custom Intercooler Splitter
Custom Oil Filter Sandwich Plate

Want to Buy:

RCE Tarmac 2
Whiteline 24 mm rear sway bar

Turbo Inlet
TGV Deletes
ID 1000 Injectors
DW65c Fuel Pump
Fuel Pressure Regulator

See less See more
#7 ·
I like them a lot. I could not believe the difference that they made. It made the car a ton flatter when cornering. When I was buying them, they were roughly the same price as the 22 mm front and 19 mm rear and I didn't really see any reason not to go with the 25 and 22 at that point. The ride hasn't suffered either. When it comes time to buy, you could see what they are like in my car if you want.

#9 ·
The sway bars definitely helped with both of those. Any reason you are going with the coilovers vs something like RCE blacks and konis or gtworx/bilstein setup? They cost about the same and i'm deciding between springs/struts or coilovers.

#10 ·
the cost is about the same with the coilovers and they can be rebuilt cheap. also i get more adjust ability than springs as well as some of the springs dont allow me to drop as much as i want which is around 1"-1.5"

#14 · (Edited)
Just finished up a couple of installations today. The first one that I did was the AEM CAI. The installation was pretty quick and wasn't very hard. I haven't had a chance to really test if there are any noticeable power gains, but I'm guessing there won't be. I definitely hear the intake and it sounds pretty cool.

Before:

Engine Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive engine part

After:

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w431/wrx650/photo-11_zps3cf24499.jpg

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
The other thing I did today was install the front and rear shifter bushings I bought around Thanksgiving (finally had some free time). I bought Subimods' delrin front shifter bushings and COBB's rear shifter bushings. Getting the OEM front shifter bushing out was a real PITA and getting the second bolt threaded for the rear was just about as bad. Once I got that stuff sorted, everything else wasn't too bad. The shifts are way, way better now. Shifting into third feels so much more precise. It seems to definitely be worth the 55 bucks and the couple hours of installation.

Button Wood Fashion accessory Circle Metal

#25 ·
Thanks. Just sent him an email. I got a really good price quote from Nick at Subimods. He is the same guy I got the bushing combo from (check him out on NASIOC if you're looking for new parts). It will probably be tough to beat his quote, especially since he will have to charge tax :(.

#30 ·
Will do. If you by any chance have a heated garage I might have to take you up on that offer. Installing the shifter bushings in a non-insulated, freezing cold garage on a concrete floor at night could be one of the most unpleasant things I have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.