pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 Ooooo I'm excited to see the GS TMIC!!! yeh, I'm glad uncle sam was able to ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ooooo I'm excited to see the GS TMIC!!!
    yeh, I'm glad uncle sam was able to cough up that part of my tax return.

I cracked open the box to check it out. It was heavy-ish and cold. Shiny.
    I had wood for a few hours.

The build quality looks awesome. Only detraction of awesomeness on the build quality was some black residue left over from where they welded the endtankss on. That's being super nit-picky though. They are cranking them things out.

I've gotta wait a little while before I install. I don't have a decent Y-pipe for it yet(backordered). I also have a JDM bugeye scoop coming in. Need to see how good the stock splitter matches up and all that.

What's in the small box in the pic is some front/rear Stop Tech SS brake lines and a rattle can of WRB for JDM scoop.

Install me pile has grown.
    TIC diff and outrigger bushings have been collecting dust. It's been to cold for me to get unlazy. Someday soon though. I need to flush my tranny and diff, maybe then I'll slap the bushings on. I do have access to a press so hopefully I won't have to bend up that support bar by stepping on it.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Pete. I also went nutso with parts for my 2012 WRX when I got my returns back.

Got me a used PW TMIC (missing splitter though)
    Invidia catless DP
    Invidia Q300

For granted all mine were used parts, but with very little miles on them. I'm amped to get it all put on!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Sweet!

A nice TMIC and exhaust is what the docotor ordered. Used parts are cool. I couldn't find any and had return money burning a hole in my pocket. I was quite happy with my return this year. I was able to put a big chunk in savings, blow some on shiny parts and earmark some of it for the wife to blow through with her hobbies.

Now we just need some splitters and other smaller parts, some warmer weather and it's game on!
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Agreed! I was able to put some away for our wedding fund as well!

I'm probably going to fab something up myself for a splitter. Doesn't look to be too difficult honestly, even if its just some plastic or aluminum. I may even be able to modify the stock splitter in some way.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

that's what I was looking at doing to for my splitter. Home Depot, probably Lowes too, has sheet aluminum. I built an "air box" for my short ram, helped a little to keep it cool. I was going to chop up some aluminum and pop rivet the raised portion. Looks like a fun project. Haven't played with aluminum for a minute so I'm excited.

Wedding? ah snap! Wedding funds are a good thing, for sure. Weddings get expensive fast.

Build update: looking to do my brake lines and clutch line(gotta SS one for that too), this week-end maybe next.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

changed my diff fluid the weekend before last. a quarter tank into it and it looks like I'm getting better gas mileage.

hooray fresh gear oil!
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

got some WRB on that primer. its not looking as awesome as I thought it would. I might have to wet sand it some more. I'm gunna spray a super light coat of clear on it and then wet sand it to get a good idea of what it'll look like.

also test fitted the GS TMIC, got the AC line bent out of the way a little. there was like 1/2in(eyeballed) clearance each side of the AC line.

I was test fitting it against the stock splitter and noticed the rubber part "almost" touched on the passenger side but driver side was making good contact. Popped the hood back up and notice a slight tilt to the passenger side. I didn't have it bolted down though. It did look flush on the mounting brackets. Something wasn't right though. I ran out of daylight or I would have found whats wonky on my car.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

update mode

photo from a few days ago, gettin' er done...

Put a few coats of GS WRB rattle can on there. Looks alright. Nit-pickers gunna pick...

So all day Saturday (19th) I hacked up, "re-engineered", and painted my splitter. It didn't turn out exactly like I wanted it too but it works good so far, isn't damaging anything so I'm good till I get my allowance saved up for a for-realz splitter. No pics of that yet. I'm lazy. I'll get some up though.

So After I got my JDM hood scoop painted and installed with my hacked/painted splitter, I got my GS TMIC installed. I hate recirc hoses. Hate. I don't know what it is, maybe I just suck at installing them. I had a big fight getting the GS one to go on. First it was the Tbolt clamp, how do you get a wrench down there? I need some deep sockets. Then I guess I lubed it up too much because I was trying to clamp it with a normal worm gear clamp and it decide to work itself over the hump on the intake connector. I'll save y'all the rest, but it wasn't much fun for me. Your results will vary.
    So GS goodies all installed(TMIC, Y-pipe, recirc). I'm a happy camper.
    Throttle response. YES! I haven't really pushed it yet, still got some minor issues in my tune and a missing bolt on my downpipe, the one that secures it near the tranny. Anyway throttle response is awesome. Car feels like it has more grunt.
    I owe you guys some photos. I'll get unlazy/unbusy and get some soon.

Here's a quick snap of my installed hoodscoop...

This one is a little closer, you can see the bar and plate awesomeness that doesn't get heat soaked too bad after 5min of idling on a 60-ish degree day.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

bolt

Learning View_SS_A4SGC00C_2014-05-01 20 41 03

went to this...

Learning View_SS_A4SGC00C_2014-05-03 22 22 02

no map adjustments, no flashing... just a bolt replacement. the one that holds my downpipe to the bracket down by the tranny decided to go AWOL. gotta a new one in there and happy days...

now just need to clean and scale my maf a little better.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Screw tuning and knock adjustment...just put a new bolt in! Sounds like you were getting a lot of false knock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Screw tuning and knock adjustment...
    yep, heard the squeaky-rattle of the bolt-less downpipe bracket and was like knock sensor "kunal", I mean STFU...

I need to check it again but should still be good. I haven't messed with my map in a while. Been to busy with "more important" things.

I need to schedule myself a tuning weekend. Been doing boy scout stuff and work on weekends.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Registered User hawaiiguysurfer's Avatar
    Thanks for so much info i just got a 02 about 3 months ago with 60k on it all stock with a k&n box filter on it and i just ordered a perrin catless up pipe can't wait to get my v3 and start building

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Registered User hawaiiguysurfer's Avatar

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

that's a sweet ride. only 60k and stock with an air box? wish I was that lucky...

have fun with it!
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.