JDM Pinks
STI transmission mount
Group N motor mounts
Kartboy Rear Diff bushings
opensource tuned by your's truly

Stock:
everything esle

Long Story:

I'm a Subaru fanboy. I've had 3 80's models, loved each one. I wanted to get a turboed car so heck, I'll go find myself a WRX. Here's what I found (Feb 2011) License plate is photoshopped, dealer tag was there and ugly.

Underhood - TurboXS atmos. BOV, COBB SF with beatup, dirty filter, exhaust leakS

yeh, filter was supposed to be blue...

So you wanna see some wierdness? Someone welded a largish cat on the 3" downpipe. You might not be able to see in these pics but man-o-man them welds ain't pretty. The welds are structurally sound looking but more of the "bigger the blob, better the job" category.

From the downpipe back its 3" and looks like Borla, resonator in midpipe and dual tipped Borla embossed muffler. Sounds good, not to loud but sounds like it has a pair.

Paint looked good, somewhat fresh. Interior was ok, carpet was beat up, wholes under floormats. It was missing the clock, had a stock 6disc/tape radio, stock speakers, no guages, stock fog lights, wholes drilled in most of the "blanks" by the cruise switch. There was also an off brand remote start unit in it, still wired up just no fuse in the 12v+ line. There were also some other various rat's nests wired in under the dash. When I took it on a test drive I noticed there was a Cobb AP USB dongle-thing on the OBD-II port, no AP though.

I didn't know this until I went to a meet but it's got a short throw shifter with a kartboy sticker on it under the boot. And the boot trim has an STI on it and doesn't quite fit right, it's always falling down off the part that's supposed to hold it up.

See less See more
#205 ·
Been tinkering with my tune a bit. I'm a slow learner so it's taking me a while. I'm in no rush though. Working on fueling now. Making some progress but sometimes I'm an idiot. I'm glad these cars are somewhat forgiving if you don't beat on them when your map isn't where it needs to be.

#207 ·
Yeh, I'm still in the SoCal. I found a Denso warehouse/distro center out near where I live. Had to take a nerd photo.

Went to a large meet today. Only 2 other bugeyes there. Both silver, one sedan, one wagon.
Was putting around with the windows down, cause Cali, looking for a sooby to park by, people walking around.. dude "that is MINT!" me - "I just got it painted!" Felt good hearing that, paint ain't cheap.

I miss the MAIC meets. Meets are aight out here but not the same. I might need to look harder to find some cool peeps.

#208 ·
I've been dorking around with my tune.
I was unhappy with the decapped pinks I had for some reason. Swapped them for some "JDM Pinks" found on the notorious bay of E.
They definitely didn't flow like the info for pinks I found on RomRaider, latencies were whack too.
Finally got them in the ballpark and are tweaking them now.

Also finally got a set of JDM ver 7 wheels powder coated. Was going to strip and paint paint them myself. Getting paint to flow right in the lug nut recessed area is a pain. I had the money and the good people of the powder coat shop got bills to pay so cash for a good powder coat job went down. Need to paint the center caps and get some tires for them.
When I saw them come up for sale they cried to me. They needed saving. They were buried in a few funky coats of plasty-dip, rattle can white, some really thin primer, then original gold. They were so ugly. Only minor curb rash, was able to 'buff' most of it out.

#209 ·
"This is an older thread, you may not receive a response..." Geez, tell me how it really is...

Bumping this old crusty build thread of mine with a photo. I've been lazy at updating here, sorry for that party people. Need to re-evaluate my priorities or something...

For your eyeball elation here as a photograph of my bugeye with the above wheels actually on it.

BF Goodwrench Comp 2 A/S are the tires. I like them, pretty sticky and can handle some different weather conditions.

#212 ·
About a month ago I was visiting my therapist, Mrs. De Luz (twisty, hilly, vineyard-ish road) and on the way back one of my tires ingested a wheel weight from another vehicle.

Big nasty unpatchable hole, thought my 12v tire inflator was broken at first.

The guy at the tire shop said I would be with spec if I put one new one on, it wasn't long ago I put new tires on so thought I was in the clear. Ordered one new tire, got it mounted. Doubled checked tread depth on new vs. old and found current tires were just barely too worn to slap one new one on. The mounted tire was a BF Goodwrench Comp 2 A/S, I like them tires. So here I am with 1 tire and can't find a matching 3 more. Well BF Goodwrench added a "+" to the name. Don't know why my search didn't find them, guess the site was switching from product A to B or something. Got 3 "+"s mounted, so now I have mis-matched tires on paper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.