pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) - Page 8
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Pro tune!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Pro tune!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeyemania View Post
    Pro tune!!!
    dang, thought the screenshot would be a dead giveaway.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

thanks for sharing! love the pictures, keep up the good work!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    dang, thought the screenshot would be a dead giveaway.
    More hints pls.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx650
    More hints pls.
    Look at where the majority of the data points are hovering on the Y-Axis
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Look at where the majority of the data points are hovering on the Y-Axis
    Wideband o2? I am a total n00b.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Wideband o2? I am a total n00b.
    ding, ding, ding!
    Noah with Matty's help is dah winner! You will receive a wi-five (wireless high five)!

I'll post up a photo of my slooty mounting of the gauge. Did it Mark style, trying to build up my street cred...
    Last edited by pete25r; 12-08-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I Support ClubWRX
    ding, ding, ding!
    Noah with Matty's help is dah winner! You will receive a wi-five (wireless high five)!

I'll post up a photo of my slooty mounting of the gauge. Did it Mark style, trying to build up my street cred...
    thats EJ257
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

stupid weather

It's been cold and wet/snowy, with that and my lazyness no picts yet.

For updates sake... Matty looked at my map and gave me some pointers. I am real sporadic with my tuning process, had a tuning laptop meltdown and basically forgot where I was with my tune. Well Matty got me pointed in the right direction, I did some adjustments to my map. I flashed the updated map Monday morning, drove it around. Man it felt more alive. I didn't change that much either. Matty has good eyes or a lot of experience or both.

So this morning, Tuesday, on the way into work, I was getting on the throttle a little to merge with traffic and "pSSSssh" . One of my hose clamps wasn't tight enough. Limped into work, found clamp and tightened it. Dude in the parking lot asked me if I needed a jump. Was like, thanks but I'm good...
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

It's been cold and wet/snowy, with that and my lazyness no picts yet.

For updates sake... Matty looked at my map and gave me some pointers. I am real sporadic with my tuning process, had a tuning laptop meltdown and basically forgot where I was with my tune. Well Matty got me pointed in the right direction, I did some adjustments to my map. I flashed the updated map Monday morning, drove it around. Man it felt more alive. I didn't change that much either. Matty has good eyes or a lot of experience or both.

So this morning, Tuesday, on the way into work, I was getting on the throttle a little to merge with traffic and "pSSSssh" . One of my hose clamps wasn't tight enough. Limped into work, found clamp and tightened it. Dude in the parking lot asked me if I needed a jump. Was like, thanks but I'm good...
    He's good. He pays a lot of attention to detail and is very meticulous with his tuning.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

woo-hoo!

Last weekend I got my PNPed TD04 swapped back in. Had to fight with some worn out exhaust bolts but got it done.

long story

So I was logging my trek home today, had a little fun with the pedal on the right. And yes I was being safe, stayed with the speed limit (barely, but I did) and no one was near me.

went from -0.95 to 16.82 manifold pressure in 2480 milliseconds (2.48 secs)

log

and yes the log could be prettier. my stupid tuning netbook is acting up again. got everything backed up on dropbox though so no big deal, just the fun of reinstalling all the programs and stuff. I need to stop messing around, get it up and running good and image that sucker.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

been busy...

The wife and kids are out of town for a little bit. I'm home all alone to tinker on some projects. I've worked on my car some, worked on refinishing a table, played some video games. I've got so much "me" time I almost don't know what to do.

But here's what you really wanna see... an update on my car.

before:

It was a lot dirtier on the inside than shows in the picture. Especially around the IACV

during:

after:

I knife-edged the leading edge on the top and bottom of the plate. Didn't wanna do front and back and screw up my idle, not that it would if it was done. I'm lucky like that so didn't want to chance it.
    On the bottom have I pretty much just took the edge off, rounded it over a bit. I didn't take any material off of the circumference area.

I carved it up last night, got it on this morning. When I took it off I went off and did the coolant bypass mod. I was there, had a coupler..why not?

Alright, alright. I'll tell you what it feels like now.
    Well, since I did all that sanding and whatnot, I took off the IACV and cleaned it. Dude. That thing was funky. I seafoamed my car about a year ago, but I put it in a vacuum hose on the manifold. I cleaned it with an old toothbrush (it wasn't a used one), a q-tip and some seafoam. All sorts of black oozed out.
    So I cleaned the my IACV really well and after my wrx warmed up the idle was beautifully smooth. Like butta!

What the PNP job did was improve throttle response, increased intake noise, and made the accelerator a bit more fun. As soon as I feel the slack tighten out of the throttle cable, I can feel the engine working and pulling the car forward. Under heavy throttle the spool/air rushing through intake noise is a little bit louder.

Engine breaking feels a bit less pronounced, doesn't slow me down as much. I think that has to do with all the crap I cleaned out of the IACV though. Don't really know though.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

flash and dash

So I've been real lazy working on my tune as of late. Been real snowy/icy out too. I have been studying some logs and adjusting my map. I found out why I had so much knock in the lower rpm/load. Lesson learned, double check your work, don't rush and never say "I'll fix that tomorrow.." unless you really will. I get sidetracked to easy for that.. stupid me being easily distracted.

Anyway, polished up my map, flashed it, logged it. Good stuff so far. Only random feedback knock and I know I have a bolt missing on my downpipe. The bolt the holds it to the frame near the tranny dropped up a while ago. Me being lazy again haven't fixed it yet. Need to find a replacement bolt.

Here's a log of my latest map, just for funnzies...
    I need to log more. Didn't really drive it through its paces yet. This is just a general errand run log, some around the neighborhood and some near highway speeds. Quite a few stop lights too. Oh the fun...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d...it?usp=sharing
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I did my taxes in late January. I got my return today!

Well most of it. Some of it is held up in the "backordered" process. Stupid IRS, I doubled checked my numbers.

N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Ooooo I'm excited to see the GS TMIC!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.