pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ah how cute.. look at the widdle TD04 spin......

just for laughs

ah how cute.. look at the widdle TD04 spin...

N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

man your build has come along nicely. it has me looking forward to my bugeye that i should be getting in the next couple of days.. keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Bugeyemania View Post
    man your build has come along nicely. it has me looking forward to my bugeye that i should be getting in the next couple of days.. keep it up
    thanks

It's been a fun ride so far. I've learned a lot about my car. I've learned stuff about me too.

when I was a day away from buying my bugeye that's all I could think/talk about.

After you get your bugeye and get settled with it, pick my brain if you want. I'll share everything I know.

-build type update. told myself, screw all the new noises. I torqued everything down good-n-tight. Turned the radio up and pushed it through some corners "at a medium pace". Konis/springs are feeling awesome. The handling of the car has improved so much.

-short term plans, alignment, install WB O2
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I appreciate it man and you know I will. As far as part orders, what are your go to sites?

I've ordered most of my goodies from TIC ( - Turn in Concepts ). They have the best customer support. Problem is they don't have everything one could want. I've ordered stuff from both RallySport direct and Kronos Performance. Both went well so I'd recommend them too, if TIC doesn't carry what you're looking for.
    Also the classfieds here and on NASIOC are pretty good. I prefer to use that to buy stuff locally, like contact the seller meet them halfway or whatever then when all is good trade parts and money. I've also had stuff mailed to me. Just use common sense, like the too good to be true thing, and you'll be fine on the forum for sales.

Bugeyemaina, more than half your posts are on my build thread. I feel special.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I just like this thread alot. Your post have informed me of parts and company's. plus your ratings will help me in future decisions when I'm building my subaru. Only a couple more days.

been using my tactrix as a standalone logger for the past week or two. maybe I should look at the logs?

trying to tighten up my tune. MAF rescaling.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

as you all can tell, not much going on with my bugeye. been dorking around tightening up some installs, like my amp. Moved it to under the pass. seat (from trunk) and re-wired it a bit neater. Pics after I get some loom on it.

Also picked up an ebay TMIC for dirt cheap. Worked out the slight fitment issues as I installed it, well most of them, no bolts are holding it down but the splitter surround ain't letting it go nowhere. Good news is I got some throttle response out of it.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Any potential that you have some old parts you don't need anymore and wouldn't mind selling?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I don't have any parts really. I've got a stock front sway somewhere. cracked radiator, 90k-ish struts, a set of PNP TD04 housings (CHRA is toast).

I like to hang onto my old parts for about a year after a mod. Just to make sure I like it and if it breaks I have a fall back.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I fully agree.... Well maybe you can answer a question for me. Will swapping my stock exhaust for a 2004 oem sti exhaust yield any big improvement? Any experience with this?

to see gains from exhaust it needs to be bigger or more free flowing than what you have on there now. I don't have any experience with STI exhaust, but its probably not a huge gain, search on here and NASIOC. I know getting a bigger downpipe on there will help out.
    Mine came with a downpipe so I have no reference to stock.

Also you'll want a tune for a bigger exhaust.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    to see gains from exhaust it needs to be bigger or more free flowing than what you have on there now. I don't have any experience with STI exhaust, but its probably not a huge gain, search on here and NASIOC. I know getting a bigger downpipe on there will help out.
    Mine came with a downpipe so I have no reference to stock.

Also you'll want a tune for a bigger exhaust.
    Thanks. I decided to go without that exhaust. Save up and get that up/dp first

if you have a stock up-pipe on a bugeye, swap that for a catless one asap. little pieces can come out of the cat and screw up your turbo real quick. that doesn't always happen but it can.

be sure to have some engine management lined up too. COBB, Open Source like Tactrix and a tuner or some other resource to get info on what mods need a tune.
    do some research, it'll do you some good. I've learned a good bit about my car. Still learning though.

Hit up EJ257, he has tuned a few bugeyes(and others), don't know how busy he is but .
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I'm pretty sure I've seen it all around the forum but it can never hurt to ask. Is a tune necessary for the uppipe alone?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.