pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) - Page 10
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

This is a discussion on pete25r's bugeye progress (pic heavy) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sock air box but has the k&n square filter in not shure if that's good or bad with out a ...

Registered User hawaiiguysurfer's Avatar
    Sock air box but has the k&n square filter in not shure if that's good or bad with out a tune but just the way i got it it has all the papers from every oil and fluid change from subaru and all highway miles got it from big island i was told before i touch any thing change the up pipe to catless (wouldn't require a tune) then get the v3 and ad the stage 1 map and then do intake and exhaust any advice about that or sounds good ? Still learning and love feed back

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sock air box? can't imagine what your exhaust smells like.. hehe
    You don't NEED a tune for that but scaling your MAF would be advised.

What kind of tuning are you going to use? Opensource, COBB, whatever "your" protuner uses?
    I vote for opensource if you want to learn a lot about your car's engine and are comfortable with using a laptop to flash your car. Check out the RomRaider and tactrix site for more info on opensource. Check the FAQs and forums on both. Lots of tuning info there even if you don't go opensource.

RomRaider - Open Source ECU Tools | RomRaider / RomRaider

Tactrix

YES! that up-pipe cat is bad joo-joo, a tune would help but not needed. be sure to keep an eye on your boost though. It'll be fine but I worry a little when I remove stock stuff.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Copy that i was planning on going with the Cobb apv3 but i will look in to the link you posted and research the other ones i don't plan on getting to crazy with this car it is my dd and my wife drives it from time to time im looking more towards tuning it for hwy pulls i have all open freeway drives daily and would just like the joy of opening up the turbo and pulling on all the v8 and muscle cars that flex on me every morning ;-)

Thank you for all you input and time much mahalos

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiguysurfer View Post
    Thank you for all you input and time much mahalos
    no probs. I hit people up for info when I was figuring out what I wanted to do.

Sounds like you got a good plan. Some people don't like the Cobb maps, they say they're too generic or for some reason don't work as well as they want them too. Be sure to read the Cobb "map notes" before you buy parts. With the Cobb maps they set them up to work with specific parts. You'll see what I mean if you dig on their site and look at the notes.

Another option for tuning is etuning. It's kinda a mix of opensource and cobb. You'll get a "canned" or well prepared of the shelf map from the tuner, flash the map, do some logging, send the tuner the logs and they'll tweak it to work with your car better.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

That's sound life a perfect solution im going to look into that

so got back to looking at my tune with the false knock squared away best I could. A little knock was creeping back into my map. Been pulling timing, just a little, to get it out knocky spots.

I'll post some more info after STPR.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Well, haven't done too much with my tune. Been lazy in that respect.

I did get my rear axles replaced. I got it on a lift, dropped the diff so I didn't have to mess with all those control arm bolts and whatnot. Also I had some diff bushings I wanted to put in. Rear end feels better now, no clicking either.

While I had the wheels off and everything, I noticed how rusty my struts where. I put them on ..um, about a year ago? Well they've been through one winter. Lots of salt and wet-slushy stuff left their mark.
    It was mainly surface rust but yick.

I cleaned up my rear passenger, wanted to see how much work it was really going to be. I'll work on driver rear Tuesday.

no before pics, I'll get some of one of the other struts

after wire wheel and brush, soaked it with some rust remover

no pics after rust remover either, didn't want to get sticky/goo on my phone...

after painting with epoxy paint

N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    It was pic heavy to start. I'll get more pics up. Not much has changed though. Didn't want to bore anyone to death with nothing fun to look at.

Maybe a shot of how clean my timing belt cover is? hmmm....

not really a pic but here's a video of me playing with the PNP TD04.... took a shop vac and blew in the up-pipe flange...

TD04 (off of a Subaru, 13T) - YouTube
    Them pics so sexy good enough to masturbate to lol XD

Quote Originally Posted by Initial D View Post
    Them pics so sexy ...
    um, I'm glad you enjoy the pics.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Quote Originally Posted by pete25r View Post
    um, I'm glad you enjoy the pics.

That's what I got my struts to look like before I painted them. There was a lot of surface rust. I've still gotta do the fronts so I'll get a pic of that to show you guys what I was working with.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

I haven't stopped tinkering with my car. Just let the lazy on club-dub happen.

Was slapping a part or two on and wondering why I haven't WTF-ed my tune yet, all that just before I moved. Now I've got some boxes and crap to move so I can tinker in my garage.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

lulz

my 2nd wife told me I had to clean up the boxes in the garage or she would.

garage - YouTube
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Did an oil change last weekend. Oil filter had black crap on it near wear it attaches to the oil cooler. I thought I might have an exhaust leak. Now I'm certain. Black crap and it ticks under load a little.

Thank God for the long weekend, plenty of time to play.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.