cobb stage 2

This is a discussion on cobb stage 2 within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys! Just completed installing my Cobb turboback exhaust set up. Went fairly smooth,putting the ic back on was a ...

cobb stage 2

Hey guys! Just completed installing my Cobb turboback exhaust set up. Went fairly smooth,putting the ic back on was a bi#ch. The only problem I had was the mounting bracket didn't line up at all. Pried it over with a screw driver and started the bolt and then lost leverage and messed up the threads on the mounted nut. Going to have to get a tap from work and chase the threads. Cobb sent the wrong heat shield and sent the right one overnight which showed up right as I was taking my tools out to get started which was cool!flashed the stage 2 map and everything runs good. The only thing is when the car is idling it drops a few rpms about every 60 seconds, don't know if thats normal or what?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oh yeah.....I'm running a '12 sti hatch
    Last edited by britt.johnny5; 12-15-2012 at 10:26 PM.

I Support ClubWRX

cobb stage 2

How do you like stage 2? I am running stage 2 and love it. Did you get that thread all fixed? Post some pics too!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by britt.johnny5 View Post
    Hey guys! Just completed installing my Cobb turboback exhaust set up. Went fairly smooth,putting the ic back on was a bi#ch. The only problem I had was the mounting bracket didn't line up at all. Pried it over with a screw driver and started the bolt and then lost leverage and messed up the threads on the mounted nut. Going to have to get a tap from work and chase the threads. Cobb sent the wrong heat shield and sent the right one overnight which showed up right as I was taking my tools out to get started which was cool!flashed the stage 2 map and everything runs good. The only thing is when the car is idling it drops a few rpms about every 60 seconds, don't know if thats normal or what?
    glad to hear, you can actually set the idle rpm with the accessport. my car will idle fine then drop and sounds like it almost stalls itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    glad to hear, you can actually set the idle rpm with the accessport. my car will idle fine then drop and sounds like it almost stalls itself.
    I have a brand new 2013 wrx hatch. It exhibits the same behavior while idling. Figured I'd chime in here to to alleviate any concerns over the cobb map causing that RPM drop during idling as my stock car does the exact same thing. Also, I'm at 750 miles of my 1000 mile break-in ... going to take it to stage 2 immediately after. How do you like the ride on stage 2? Significant power gains? Smoother throttle response? I had an 07 forester I had at stage 2 (before I went crazy and did bigger turbo/injectors etc) and I'm having trouble recalling what it was like.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just wondering. I have not done a stage upgrade before. Seems fairly easy to do, but I thought i would ask because there are obviously a ton of people on here who have done it. When you do a stage 2 upgrade, do you need a professional to help out with the tune, or do you just do it by yourself with the access port?

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Just wondering. I have not done a stage upgrade before. Seems fairly easy to do, but I thought i would ask because there are obviously a ton of people on here who have done it. When you do a stage 2 upgrade, do you need a professional to help out with the tune, or do you just do it by yourself with the access port?
    'Stage 2' (as defined by Cobb) does not require professional tuning. You can flash an OTS (off-the-shelf) map (a map is a set of parameters as defined by a tuner that alters the behavior of your vehicle's ECU) that Cobb provides as a download from their website. You load the map on to you AccessPort (from your computer), then plug the AccessPort into your car via the OBDII port, then upload the map from the AccessPort to your car's ECU.

Many people will recommend a manual professional tune (A.K.A protune) from an experienced individual or professional tuner to get the most performance out of your new hardware (just a downpipe is required for stage 2, iirc), but the OTS map from cobb will work without any issues, albeit with slightly reduced performance when compared to a pro-tune; YMMV.
    Last edited by theda3g0; 12-26-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: clarity

Im going to re Chase the threads this weekend. Not real worried about, don't feel like raising the car for just that but....its got to be done. I took a long drive this weekend and the stage 2 upgrade is amazing compared to stock. Worth every penny! I'm real happy I decided to do it myself. It pays to have a buddy helping out. I haven't explored the AP for the idle adjust...has anyone?