Rurso01's 13' SWP WRX build - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rurso01's 13' SWP WRX build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Also installed the OEM footwell illumination kit. Was quite an easy install. Pictures don't turn out so well when trying ...

Also installed the OEM footwell illumination kit. Was quite an easy install. Pictures don't turn out so well when trying to photograph the lighting but its a subtle look and its not ricey. I think it looks very classy.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just ordered Rally Armor UR Mud Flaps with grey lettering. Will have pictures up after install. Very excited to get these on and stop dirtying up my side skirts
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Hi man! Love that SWP! Where did you buy the OEM footwell kit?? I am looking to put that on my 13 WRB 5 door i just got recently

I bought it here : ALL PARTS ARE SOLD AT 25%OFF RETAIL, MSRP PRICING, NO OTHER DISCOUNTS, OFFERS, also available in blue. Very easy install!
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    THats funny. I want to install the lighting kit as well once my arrives. The subaru dealer you linked is the local shop for me, but I asked if they would match the price for the dealer down in Pueblo and the response was a little snotty and a definite "No". So I went with the Pueblo dealer for $2k less. But I plan on servicing my care at Heuberger.

Pictures of the tail lights with a better quality camera and in good lighting.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121216_120224.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	110679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121216_120230.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	110680
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

really dig the looks of those smoked taillights. Nice car!

Quote Originally Posted by theda3g0 View Post
    really dig the looks of those smoked taillights. Nice car!
    Thanks man. I'm happy with the direction its going. Got more work to do but updates are here on the little stuff. Soon to have some bigger mods when money starts rolling in.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Beginning of the first snow!
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Rally Armor Mud flaps installed. I went with gray UR flaps because I didn't want to go any distinct color that I would have to worry about matching with later. Gray looks pretty good IMO. Especially with the smoked tail lights.

Also this was just after a winter wash today! Couldn't let the road salt sit on the paint too long. Though it was 35 degrees outside at the time, its gotta be done. I try to wash the subie weekly to prevent any issues with the delicate paint.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Full winter set-up is a go!
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Better look at the Cobb knob, all-weather floor mats and even though you can't see the glow, the illumination kit is in view in the footwell (red).
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Just reached the 2,000 mark and about 500 with the winter wheels. So far I don't even feel a difference as far as comfort and road noise but a huge difference with the cold weather and snow traction and control.

I have noticed that when I mash on the gas on dry pavement with the general altimax tires, the traction control light comes on and I don't spin, but slip enough where it doesn't get much power to the wheels right away. I guess this is due to them being winter tires?
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Next mods:

35% tint all around except windshield
    Kart boy bushings and end links to go with the STi STS
    Cobb AP and Grimmspeed down pipe with pro tune
    Grimmspeed License plate relocation kit and license plate delete
    Eventually perhaps a Pioneer in-dash NAV/DVD player with steering control harness and bypassed.
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    Just reached the 2,000 mark and about 500 with the winter wheels. So far I don't even feel a difference as far as comfort and road noise but a huge difference with the cold weather and snow traction and control.

I have noticed that when I mash on the gas on dry pavement with the general altimax tires, the traction control light comes on and I don't spin, but slip enough where it doesn't get much power to the wheels right away. I guess this is due to them being winter tires?
    nice, i have the same set up on the tires / wheels. LOL i just posted this pic in another thread here:

i haven't had issues with the TC though. i drive conservatively as it gets down right scary trying to hot-dog around on the steelies with these tires.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast