Bizborky's Bag Build - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bizborky's Bag Build within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; bracket was unnecessary on my gd. I want to ask the op-why is almost every vw around new england drpped ...

bracket was unnecessary on my gd. I want to ask the op-why is almost every vw around new england drpped so it almost scrapes with wide rims?? I understand on a nice vw but every db with a beat up old vw has it slammed with crappy rims around here. most of them look terrible (not yours) and i cant imagine its very practical. some of the old really crappy jettas are slammed with tiny rims that are usually painted some gawd awful color...i dont understand the attraction to that style(making your car look and perform like ish)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chrispsti View Post
    bracket was unnecessary on my gd. I want to ask the op-why is almost every vw around new england drpped so it almost scrapes with wide rims?? I understand on a nice vw but every db with a beat up old vw has it slammed with crappy rims around here. most of them look terrible (not yours) and i cant imagine its very practical. some of the old really crappy jettas are slammed with tiny rims that are usually painted some gawd awful color...i dont understand the attraction to that style(making your car look and perform like ish)
    It is just where the VW car scene is. The whole super low car fitment movement started in Germany made its way across the pond to the US and Japan and we took it to the extremes and now it has become common place and spreading to other car "cultures" so to speak. As far as the guys you speak of, these are your typical "wannabes" that want to have a low car with awesome fitment but fail horribly because of either technical know how, money or just plain poor judgment and taste. Sort of the same things as "Ricers".

This is what I got done during my turkey day long weekend and before I leave tomorrow for my final 10 day FTX of this course

My initial plan was to keep the spare tire...but that would have meant the compressor having to mount inside the actual trunk. This could of meant damage to it when loading stuff in and out, as well as it being pretty loud back there when it kicked on. So I removed the spare tire allowing me to relocate the manifold into the spare tire well. This will offer a much quieter setup. So here are a couple pics of the new layout.

I'm going to have to order another under trunk foam piece since I was so quick to hack the original one up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trunk_Intial.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	109838
    Dynamating the entire spare tire well

Name:	Final_Trunk.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	158.8 KB 
ID:	109839
    Still need to build a bracket for the manifold to mount to. My intent it to have it mount to the center screw down point of the spare. Still trying to decide what material and how.

Name:	Controller_Power.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	109840
    Got all of it wired up and tested the system...so all that is left to install is the tank and the bags themselves.

interested to see what ya do. Good luck, keep it coming
    2012 SWP 5door Premium!!!

hmmm not for me but i like. any pics of the wiring diagrams?

how low is it going to be for daily driving? going to have fenders rolled or dropping to the point where it almost rubs for daily then getting it aligned? then when at shows or parked where ever lower it more since not driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny1106 View Post
    interested to see what ya do. Good luck, keep it coming
    Thank you sir

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    hmmm not for me but i like. any pics of the wiring diagrams?

It is very simple, the harness came pre-assembled when I ordered the kit. I will have to scan the diagram when I get a chance. I just had to add some wire length and make some easy disconnect points.

Basically refining the harness after having it installed in the VW and realizing that it made it difficult to change things and fix things without additional disconnection points.

how low is it going to be for daily driving? going to have fenders rolled or dropping to the point where it almost rubs for daily then getting it aligned? then when at shows or parked where ever lower it more since not driving?
    Yeah that's the intention, drive low & park lower. Purely for show but certainly is no slouch when you want to do a little spirited driving. I'm defiantly going to get the fenders rolled but i'm going to try and avoid rubbing as much as possible.

This car is currently my inspiration behind the build:
    A Lady’s Touch: Erin Allard’s Bagged WRX | Canibeat\

Here is what I had waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home from my 10 day FTX.

Genuine OEM parts

I also Installed some Lamin-x Yellow film.

I'm going to be using this very informative install DIY as guidance (Thanks Subaken): 2011-2012 WRX/STI OEM FOG LIGHT INSTALL

I am also considering doing this little mod and replacing my DRL bulbs (since they will now only be in use when my highbeams are on) with a set of PIAA 4500k Bulbs: DIY: 2012 WRX: Use fog lights as DRL - NASIOC

Looking at the write up it seems simple enough and adds a little extra lighting options without sacrificing the safety of having some sort of DRLs.
    Last edited by Bizborky; 12-05-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Bizborky's Bag Build

Fogs installed w/yellow lamin-x overlays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good! ive seen Erins car before online, what type of wheels are you going to get? if the lamin-x overlay starts falling or peeling off go to a local arts and crafts store and get stained glass spray, used that on mine and works great. my friend has a tint film on his and it eventually started burning in the middle.

Bizborky's Bag Build

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    looks good! ive seen Erins car before online, what type of wheels are you going to get? if the lamin-x overlay starts falling or peeling off go to a local arts and crafts store and get stained glass spray, used that on mine and works great. my friend has a tint film on his and it eventually started burning in the middle.
    Thanks boss!
    Good info too! As far as wheels go I honestly don't know yet. My focus has been getting the management. I have some ideas though

Here is the update for today.
    Hella super tone powder coated white.
    Subimods bracket and harness.

Last edited by Bizborky; 12-11-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Bizborky's Bag Build

Hella horn install

I wish I had debadged the front grille when I had the front bumper off. But it's not difficult to take off and do it later. I'm also debadging the trunk, just got kinda cold out so I only got halfway. Will probably pick back up when I install the new 3 gallon tank in the spare tire well and build a wood frame to replace the foam under floor piece.
    Last edited by Bizborky; 12-11-2012 at 05:01 PM.

I like the white Hellas. If I ripped my bumper off, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know how to put it back on
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I just removed the grill for my horn install. I used a coat hanger to snake the harness around, but I made the harness myself, so it wasn't quite as thick as that one.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I like the white Hellas. If I ripped my bumper off, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know how to put it back on
    Thanks it really isnt to bad. I watched a video on youtube and followed that and it really was just a 5 min job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Yeah, I just removed the grill for my horn install. I used a coat hanger to snake the harness around, but I made the harness myself, so it wasn't quite as thick as that one.
    I thought about doing it that way but I remember reading somewhere it was easy to break the grille when attempting to remove it. And removing the bumper is ridiculously easy. But im probably going to be lazy and attempt to remove the front badge without taking it off again.

I like the loom of the Hellas more than the functionality of them. Would you say a nub with no electrical experience could do this mod?
    2013 SWP WRX 5-Door
    2005 OBP WRX 4-Door SOLD

Bizborky's Bag Build

Quote Originally Posted by rurso01 View Post
    I like the loom of the Hellas more than the functionality of them. Would you say a nub with no electrical experience could do this mod?
    Do you mean you like the way they look?

And yes, I bought a pre-fabricated wrong harness. But it would be easy to build your own with some simple stuff from RadioShack. Plus there are several wiring diagrams online to show you how to build your own harness.

Bizborky's Bag Build

New 3 gallon tank:

The trunk set-up:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast