Tanker's TurboSnail: I choose you! - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on Tanker's TurboSnail: I choose you! within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I average 23-24 in the summer, and 21-22 in the winter, depending on how hard I push the car. My ...

I average 23-24 in the summer, and 21-22 in the winter, depending on how hard I push the car. My driving is very mixed (highway, stop and go, back roads), so I think that's an honest number. I've seen up to 30 on highway slogs with the cruise set, and below 14 on a ... ah hem ... 'spirited tank'.

What I've found is that the fuel consumption seems to be linked to how hard you are pushing the car, and not really the RPMs - which I find a little strange, and doesn't really make sense to me.

And I'm glad the build thread could help - clubwrx has a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people. I've learned quite a bit in the process of doing this build, and even though the build was never really intended to go quite as far as it did, I'm glad I did it.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's quite a bit better then I had expected. lol Thank you for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by TankerTruck View Post
    I average 23-24 in the summer, and 21-22 in the winter, depending on how hard I push the car. My driving is very mixed (highway, stop and go, back roads), so I think that's an honest number. I've seen up to 30 on highway slogs with the cruise set, and below 14 on a ... ah hem ... 'spirited tank'.

What I've found is that the fuel consumption seems to be linked to how hard you are pushing the car, and not really the RPMs - which I find a little strange, and doesn't really make sense to me.

And I'm glad the build thread could help - clubwrx has a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people. I've learned quite a bit in the process of doing this build, and even though the build was never really intended to go quite as far as it did, I'm glad I did it.
    My guess is the ecu equates throttle position to requested boost level... so at 4000 rpm light throttle not much boost, WOT 4000 = max boost. This would suck more fuel in to accommodate for the excess air ratio from the turbine. At least that's how it makes sense to me