ANOTHER Bug eye
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on ANOTHER Bug eye within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys im new to the forum and showing you my build and progress. Ive been reading all info on ...

ANOTHER Bug eye

Hi guys im new to the forum and showing you my build and progress. Ive been reading all info on here and nasioc. I have a 02 WRX bug eye I got for an Insurance auction wrecked all the way around. The Car has 100,000 miles almost even on it. Currently it has topico lower struts and springs and has no clutch and flywheel recently installed. It has a new godspeed header with up pipe with a borla exhaust installed. Going to soon have K&N short air intake, gdspd 16g turbo,cobb tuner then later short blocked. here it is enjoy and please comment..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	109137

Name:	wrx2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	109138
    Car has a butch of dings hail damaged also

Name:	wrx3.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	109139

Name:	wrx4.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	109140
    Rear quarter had to be replaced.

Name:	wrx6.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	109141
    After paint waiting on more parts hood etc.
    more photos to come

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

awesome man!

but why buy a wrecked wrx when you could just buy a 100K miles 02 that isn't messed up?

I Support ClubWRX

ANOTHER Bug eye

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    awesome man!

but why buy a wrecked wrx when you could just buy a 100K miles 02 that isn't messed up?
    Well he probably got it super cheap from the insurance auction. At least I hope so.

Keep up the build man! More patience than I will ever have.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

yeah, I'd still rather be able to buy a car and drive it asap! I wouldnt be able to do that haha

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice to see a downtrodden bugeye brought back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal171140 View Post
    Going to soon have K&N short air intake, gdspd 16g turbo,cobb tuner then later short blocked. here it is enjoy and please comment..
    #1 unless you tune for it
    #2 No, Aside from their turbo inlet. I've heard nothing good about them.
    #2 Better be a protune with all of that work done to it
    #4 New short block? Best get it tuned after this.

Welcome. Keep up the build.

I Support ClubWRX

ANOTHER Bug eye

Why put all the effort into restoring it, then install a ****ty godspeed turbo? Please look at more reputable brands.

Also, what does "short blocked" mean?

Welcome to the club! Check out the engine modification stickies.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Why put all the effort into restoring it, then install a ****ty godspeed turbo?

good question

im curious as to how much all the parts were to get it back to stock

Well for one yes I got it cheap from an insurance auction as you can see all the other cars in back ground we buy them and fix them and have a buy here pay here lot. Um as far as tune im going to tune it for a min with the cobb tuner then take it down to a buddy of mine thats backed up right now to get a tune. Um as far as a turbo not sure yet I was just siding with it for money. UM as far as the short block goes I am going to go with this Subaru New Shortblock EJ257 2 6L Manley 83mm Billet Stroker Kit WRX STI | eBay
    I know the heads and etc wont work im going to buy this wreaked all the hell sti coming up in a few weeks for all the extra parts like tranny heads and wiring and computer.. Um and i Have a machine shop to do all the work to the heads.
    Thanks for the input everything helps im new to the tuners but experienced. I normally build mustangs I have four of them. I figured I get into to tuners a little bit. I have one Question on the turbo though what would be the best 16g price and performance wise out there? Since your changing my mind on the gdsd!

Oh and just reread everything I see the question on parts to get it back to gather I found a kid that had one wrecked in front I got the doors and rear quarter brakes and exhaust and another whole set of seats and one of those stainless steel fans brand new for $800 and the front bumper and reinforcement bar and fogs and left fender for $354 out of ten. and the hood the only new aftermarket thing you can buy besides headlights I got it for $237.

I Support ClubWRX
    As far as turbo brands, Blouch is a well recognized brand: Subaru WRX/STi TD05H-16G Turbocharger

I think you have a lot of research to do as far as an engine build. It sounds like you want to do a hybrid build, in which case you can go much bigger than a 16G. As I said, check out the engine build stickies, and some of the bugeye builds on here. There's a wealth of information available, and you'd do well to research carefully to be sure your money is well-spent, and you don't end up with a massive tuning headache.

Is your "buddy" a Subaru tuning expert? If not, find one. What you are describing is a very extensive build, and I wouldn't trust a build like this to anyone less than a reputable Subaru tuning shop with lots of full build experience.

Not trying to be a jerk, I really want to help you, but I've seen way too many new owners get in over their heads quickly, end up wasting a lot of $$$, and they hate their cars. I don't want that to happen to you.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I would not use that engine for that build.. who does a stroker crank with h-beams? Honestly, you would be fine with a stage one built shortblock with that turbo.. you could even run a stock shortblock without much concern.

Well guys thanks for the comments and insight on my build im going change a few things on my build like better turbo and what mainframe pointed out on the h beams thanks for that didnt even pay attention to the hbeams in that package probably save money with out and stage 1 kit instead. THANK YOU Info is good.

Yeah, with a 16g I would run forged pistons with an otherwise stock ej257 block and a TMIC.. or get a bigger turbo. And open up the combustion chamber on the heads a little.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.