2011 wrx first tune - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx first tune within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; any other suggestions are much appreciated...

any other suggestions are much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You should consult with a tuner in your area. I got my first pro tune last week and before that I ran Cobb Stage 1 map. Pro tuning with a quality tuner is the best way to go.

hey guys, just ordered my 13' WRX yesterday and i was wondering how much a pro tune usually costs. I have a DP, cobb AP, cold air intake set to install when i get it in 8 weeks. I love the Nameless Axle back but should i look around for a catback instead? This is my first subaru so some friendly help would be appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRamzz View Post
    hey guys, just ordered my 13' WRX yesterday and i was wondering how much a pro tune usually costs. I have a DP, cobb AP, cold air intake set to install when i get it in 8 weeks. I love the Nameless Axle back but should i look around for a catback instead? This is my first subaru so some friendly help would be appreciated.
    I paid about $400. Is your DP catless? CBE is based mostly on preference. The tuner who tuned my car said the main restriction to WRX is DP, intake, and top mount Intercooler. There was a sleeper STi getting some work done at the shop while I was there he running stock cbe, stock turbo, bolt ons, and e85 420whp 470wtq.

I Support ClubWRX
    You should break car in at least 1k miles befor you mod

Quote Originally Posted by D-WRX View Post
    I paid about $400. Is your DP catless? CBE is based mostly on preference. The tuner who tuned my car said the main restriction to WRX is DP, intake, and top mount Intercooler. There was a sleeper STi getting some work done at the shop while I was there he running stock cbe, stock turbo, bolt ons, and e85 420whp 470wtq.
    I havent decided whether i want catted or not. What would most people recommend? So what exactly did this guy have to give him that much gain in his sti? Thanks for the 1k advise i'll make sure to do that.
    '13 SWP WRX Sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    I havent decided whether i want catted or not. What would most people recommend? So what exactly did this guy have to give him that much gain in his sti? Thanks for the 1k advise i'll make sure to do that.
    Catless is less restrictive, but it all depends on your goals and what you want to do with car. The STi blew a piston ring and the owner had a block built with forged pistons, and I believe he got some decent head work to with BC Cams. The engine was able to handle more so boost was cranked on stock VF turbo. E85 is also a proponent of achieving great horsepower and torque. Start looking for local or nearby tuners, they should be able to assist you with all your questions. If you don't have a tuner near by Crawford Performance does email tuning. Good Luck..

I Support ClubWRX
    My mistake he was making 340whp and 430 wtq here's link to Dyno graph 2009 STI protuned on ACN91 and E85 - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Thanks for the info D-WRX. I'm having fun learning
    '13 SWP WRX Sedan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12