My 2003 WRX appearance upgrades
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My 2003 WRX appearance upgrades within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought this car bone stock back in April. Got it from the original owner, all the records and receipts ...

My 2003 WRX appearance upgrades

I bought this car bone stock back in April. Got it from the original owner, all the records and receipts and all. Car had a normal daily driver body, dings here and there, but ran great and was well maintained. I've been giving it the same kind of care as the previous guy.

The headlights were fogged over, so I baked them, painted the insides, and polished the lenses.

I didn't intend to do much more, but one day I was cleaning the garage and I dropped a can of red caliper paint in the driveway and it opened and spilled everywhere. Not wanting to waste paint, I grabbed the impact and floor jack and went to cleaning my calipers and painting them. No pictures of this right now though.

The this last weekend, some guy didn't see me in the parking lot. Backed right into the side of my car. Crushed the passenger door in a bit, gotta replace it. Insurance is in the process now, we'll see what happens.

I'm thinking I might do a little work to the car. I'm thinking of deleting the roof rail/rack thing that is useless and ugly, and maybe doing a little accent paint elsewhere on the car. We'll see. Might look into some new wheels and stuff too.

I know this car will never be as fast as my other car, so might as well make it look good.
    2003 WRX wagon - 5-spd, bone stock
    1998 Trans Am - Built LQ9 6.0L, Tick Stage 2 T56 swap, C6 Vette brakes, 150 shot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats looks great I bought mine almost same time one owner also bone stock tho I've done and plan a little more. I'll keep a eye to see what you do.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome! I like what you did with the headlights.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm so damn impatient, I want the insurance to call me back and get this settled.

I have no problem driving around a busted up car......if I bought it busted up and am fixing it. Having a nice car that got busted up is driving me insane, I am very particular about my cars.

Keep an eye out for a black passenger side front door and hood for me guys.
    1998 Trans Am - Built LQ9 6.0L, Tick Stage 2 T56 swap, C6 Vette brakes, 150 shot

looks good, i need to do that with my headlights. if you like the way amber fog lights look go to a local craft store and get some stained glass tinting spray, also a front plate delete looks nice too.

I have my or lights but also bought some broken black housing drops for my god retrofit I was thinking of painting the black outer gunmetal grey like the 06 tail lamps I plan on using. But black does look good on black car.

OK, insurance is paying. I talked to a friend of mine who is an awesome body guy. Going to go over there and give him my ideas tomorrow and see what he thinks. Definitely deleting the roof rail.

I think we finalized the plan today. Waiting for him to give me a quote tonight.

Going to replace the door and he's going to repaint both by side doors and blend them in. Then he's going to repair my dinged hood/quarter panel, and a spot on my roof.

Then he's going to tape off the body lines on the hood and spray the center of the hood and the roof between the rails (rails will be deleted, but you get what I'm saying) with a matte black.

Then if I have any cash left over I am going to tint the windows and maybe smoke the turn signals and tails.

Roof rail delete parts have been ordered!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.