new 2011 wrx sedan
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new 2011 wrx sedan within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys, currently in afganistan making a list of mods to do when i get home. i had a 2012 ...

new 2011 wrx sedan

hi guys, currently in afganistan making a list of mods to do when i get home. i had a 2012 boss 302 mustang but it was finantualy killing me every month. the wrx is a much more practical car for me and the family and kids. and i know the wrx will never be what a boss 302 is but i want to make it as fun as possible. my plan is to do a cobb intake, ap stage 1 - mabey stage 2. probably going to keep the factory catback for now. i have a wrx premium and its got about 7k miles on it used.

a few questions i have are:

1. are the 2011 sti mufflers different than the wrx?
    2. i have installed from factory a short throw (that feels like garbage)- how will adding kartboy bushings feel with factory short throw vs kartboy short throw with bushings?
    3. what gauges to run other than a boost gauge- egt or widband with a stage 1 tune?

total list of mods im looking at cobb intake, ap, sways f&r 24-22, bushings (not sure which ones) rce black springs for now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0122.1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	108524Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0123.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	108525

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haven't tried the factory STS, but the Kartboy bushings make a BIG difference. Shifter feels tighter, no more missed shifts (like hitting 5th when you want 3rd), especially when shifting coming out of a turn, when there is lateral (sideways) g-forces on the car.

The factory short shifter is better than without...it shortens the actual linkage, not the lever. If you get the KB or another aftermarket one, it will shorten the lever as well, which will really help. DEFINITELY go the bushing route though...they will really solidify your shifting.

Wideband (regular A/F gauges are garbage and pointless though...must be wideband AFR to mean anything) is always good to have with a tuned car, and even EGT. Another thing to think about is Oil Pressure.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

cool, yeah i was looking at smy gauge clusters and the ati top center dash ones. seems ive read lots about ati fitment issues, unless thats a thing of the past and has been corrected... as ar as shifters. the kb and factory ss go, the shorten linkage amount - is it the same on both, never minding the shifter lever height. i dont mind the heighth of what ive got but the side to side play is sh#$. i came from that boss 302, where handling and everything is tight. i like everything as tight as possible. so front and rear bushings for the shifter, any others needed to firm things up?
    2011 wrx premium sedan spw

I have the SPT factory short shifter and think it's too tall and the throws don't seem short enough. So I ordered the Kartboy SS which replaces the factory shift lever. It's supposed to be 20% lower in height and throw than the SPT SS.

Definitely get the front/rear bushings.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

let us know how much shorter the throws are compared to spt

Factory SPT shifter is garbage. I have played with cars that have had it. Kartboy is way better. Stay away from the ATI clockpod. SMYcluster is nice. Get an AEM Wideband and a boost gauge (I have a defi red racer, love it but its pricey).
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Also I would skip the intake and get a downpipe. Much better gains, intake is more of a noise maker.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

i like the noise though, but also ive read that the factory dp is not that restrictive. i may do both. and what gauges best match the stock gauges. ive had an aem eugo wideband before in a mustang and it wont match the stock gauges

No wideband is gonna match the factory gauges. Defi matches really nice, only difference it has red needle instead of white. The OEM downpipe is hella restrictive.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

id def go catted if i did and go sts 2. id love to reach 300 at the wheels

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.