2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 9
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by zax How far is "pretty far?" I drive 3 hours to the Victory meets, and Matthew makes ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    How far is "pretty far?" I drive 3 hours to the Victory meets, and Matthew makes 1 or 2 a year and drives 6 hours one way!
    Bahahhaha I'm just being a little bi*** ahahah I'm not nearly as far lol. My car still isn't right though. I wanna get it all sorted out before I start taking 2+hour trips. Ya know.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So I recently changed my mind with what I want to do with my car and the order it's going to get done! 1st: I'm going to get the car sorted out and driving good and reliably! 2nd: Upgrading the brakes. (SS Lines, Hawk Pads, Master Cylinder Brace, Good Fluid) 3rd: Probably going to go with BC BR Coil-Overs with swift springs 8k front 10k rear. 4th: Get me some wheels (Enkei NT03's 18x9.5+40 with a 265 tire) (but the wheels and tires aren't til way after winter)

Add in getting a roof rack and side skirt extensions before winter!

Got a lot more plans for the car and not a lot of time to reach my goals lol. Gotta start working more and saving $$$$$.

Just got some pics from EVO Vs STi Day! Thanks to Rolly!

Dude, I urge you to find something other than BCs. They are still pretty harsh, as well as usually requiring rebuilds much sooner than other coilovers. Also, I don't think rebuilds are cheap.

For that money, there are better options. I recently purchased a set of Feal 441 coils and they are nothing short of amazing. They come with Swift springs standard. Also look into Fortune Auto.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Dude, I urge you to find something other than BCs. They are still pretty harsh, as well as usually requiring rebuilds much sooner than other coilovers. Also, I don't think rebuilds are cheap.

For that money, there are better options. I recently purchased a set of Feal 441 coils and they are nothing short of amazing. They come with Swift springs standard. Also look into Fortune Auto.
    I know man, all along I was totally against going with a cheap set, but I spent soo much god da** money on the motor build and what not that I can't just keep dishing out thousands and thousands to have Grade A everything. I know multiple local guys that run BC BR's on the GR Sedans and have nothing but good things to say about them and encourage me to not spend $2,500 on a set of KW's or RCE's. I'm gunna look into the other ones but I've done some good research on BC's and they seem to fit me for what I'm going to use them for. And BC offers a swift spring kit for like 300$ more but the guy at BC said that they aren't necessary unless this is going to be a"track oriented car". Which it's truly not going to be. I'm going to look into fortune auto and feal now.

UPDATE: I just looked at the Feal 441 and its the same exact sh** as BC BR's?!!? And they are like $300 more.
    Last edited by Januch09; 10-03-2012 at 08:37 AM.

My Feals were $1400 to my door (standard already with Swift springs)...BCs are $1000+ $300 for the Swifts, + shipping...that near equates???

I mean I'm not knocking BCs. I was about to go in on them. They are ok for that entry level price. I have 4 different buddies running them, 3 of them on GRs. They are ok. But my Feals on my GD STI, which is a lot more stiff/harsh to begin with, now rides better than those GRs on BCs. But if you dig deeper and read a lot more of the reviews, a lot of the adjustable dampening doesn't do anything with the BCs until you're already 5-10 clicks in. The BCs also have a habit of going out relatively quickly, and very few places will rebuild them, necessitating sending them back to Taiwan or wherever they get drop shipped from.

Feal has been rebuilding suspension for quite awhile. They are one of the only places that are known to rebuild STI struts since nobody makes aftermarket ones...they have been building offroad and drift suspensions for awhile, so I trusted that enough to make the plunge for their coilovers. Glad I did.

As for KW, I was about to go in for them as well. $1500 for the V1? That's a pretty damn good price since KWs are some of the best made, but they don't offer the adjustability that Feals or others do.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

My Feals were $1400 to my door (standard already with Swift springs)...BCs are $1000+ $300 for the Swifts, + shipping...that near equates???

I mean I'm not knocking BCs. I was about to go in on them. They are ok for that entry level price. I have 4 different buddies running them, 3 of them on GRs. They are ok. But my Feals on my GD STI, which is a lot more stiff/harsh to begin with, now rides better than those GRs on BCs. But if you dig deeper and read a lot more of the reviews, a lot of the adjustable dampening doesn't do anything with the BCs until you're already 5-10 clicks in. The BCs also have a habit of going out relatively quickly, and very few places will rebuild them, necessitating sending them back to Taiwan or wherever they get drop shipped from.

Feal has been rebuilding suspension for quite awhile. They are one of the only places that are known to rebuild STI struts since nobody makes aftermarket ones...they have been building offroad and drift suspensions for awhile, so I trusted that enough to make the plunge for their coilovers. Glad I did.

As for KW, I was about to go in for them as well. $1500 for the V1? That's a pretty damn good price since KWs are some of the best made, but they don't offer the adjustability that Feals or others do.
    Yeah, god every time someone talks to me, I change my mind! I want to do Feal also, they are a great coil. And I think I'm off the idea of going KW V3 or RCE Tarmac 2's unless they are used! That's just too much money to spend on something that's not necessary at all for what I'm doing! Idk I think I narrowed it down to like 3 sets of coils that I'll be happy with an not have to pay an arm and a leg for! Thanks for your input!!!!!

Hahaha yeah man, I did the same thing! I went through so many thoughts. Like ok, if I'm spending the money, may as well go all the way. But damn, I don't wanna spend the money now. But damn, these Feals look good. But damn, maybe KW V1s are ok. But damn...the H&R's look good now. Damn...the Feals are a great deal.

Eventually, you just have to pull the trigger and see if the bullet was in that chamber or not

I ended up coin-tossing basically between the Feals and Fortunes. If you are on IWSTI at all, there are some great reviews for both of them on the GRs.

Hahaha yeah man, I did the same thing! I went through so many thoughts. Like ok, if I'm spending the money, may as well go all the way. But damn, I don't wanna spend the money now. But damn, these Feals look good. But damn, maybe KW V1s are ok. But damn...the H&R's look good now. Damn...the Feals are a great deal.

Eventually, you just have to pull the trigger and see if the bullet was in that chamber or not

I ended up coin-tossing basically between the Feals and Fortunes. If you are on IWSTI at all, there are some great reviews for both of them on the GRs.
    Just talked to the guys at feel and damn they gave me answers that no other company gave me! I really liked their support and that really made me get closer to my decision! I really like the Feal coils and they come with the swift springs and all so thats a great deal! Once my car is finally running and working reliably, I'm gunna order my roof rack, then pull the trigger and get a set of coils (And as of right now, I'm thinking of going with Feal 411's). I am on iwsti, so I'm gunna go read the reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Just talked to the guys at feel and damn they gave me answers that no other company gave me! I really liked their support and that really made me get closer to my decision! I really like the Feal coils and they come with the swift springs and all so thats a great deal! Once my car is finally running and working reliably, I'm gunna order my roof rack, then pull the trigger and get a set of coils (And as of right now, I'm thinking of going with Feal 411's). I am on iwsti, so I'm gunna go read the reviews!
    Nice! Yeah Odi at Feal is great. I had a lot of communication with him as well. I was debating revalving of my stock struts or coilovers, and when he gave me his info on the coils, I was set on them.

I need to post up my review/pics over on IWSTI and on here...but I'm lazy

Where in NJ are you from anyway?

Nice! Yeah Odi at Feal is great. I had a lot of communication with him as well. I was debating revalving of my stock struts or coilovers, and when he gave me his info on the coils, I was set on them.

I need to post up my review/pics over on IWSTI and on here...but I'm lazy

Where in NJ are you from anyway?
    Yeah man, he seems like a real, nice straight forward dude! Is your name Mikie13 on iwsit too? And I'm from CNJ. Like 10-15 min from Newark Airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Yeah man, he seems like a real, nice straight forward dude! Is your name Mikie13 on iwsit too? And I'm from CNJ. Like 10-15 min from Newark Airport.
    Yeah man, that's me there as well.

I went to school in North Jersey, live in South Jersey...so I know the state well!

Yeah man, that's me there as well.

I went to school in North Jersey, live in South Jersey...so I know the state well!
    Nice man! I added u on iwsti! Where did u go to school?

Changed my mind once again but I think this time it's my final decision. So I'm going to do something different with my suspension but I dont wanna say what until I actually do it and its finished. As long as I don't have to put more money into performance, my next step will be this suspension set up!

Finally got me some coilovers. Yes I went with BC BR's but don't judge on them. I'm going to be doing something pretty cool with them