Subaru WRX Forum banner

Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6266)

155K views 853 replies 60 participants last post by  Januch09 
#1 · (Edited)
Januch09's 2011 STi Build (PTE6466)

Frank’s 2011 STi Limited (SWP Sedan) Build

Link to full build: Frank's 2011 STi Sedan Full Build

Hey guys just a little background. I have an 2011 STi sedan with roughly 20k miles on it. Currently on motor number 6. Not going to get into why I've been through that many motors or anything, so basically I'm starting fresh on this one.

Here's the specs:

Short Block:
Built by Prime Motoring in East Rutherford NJ
-New EJ257 Case Halves
-Darton Sleeves O-ringed
-OEM Nitraded Crankshaft
-Cosworth 99.5 / 8.2:1 CR Pistons
-Cosworth Oversized Headgasket
-Manley Turbo Tuff I-Beams w/ ARP Bolts
-King XPG Main and Rod Bearings
-Killer B Oil Pick-Up & Baffle
-11mm High Volume Oil Pump

Heads:
Built By Headgames
-Pocket Port
-O-Ringed
-Ferrea Exhaust and Intake Valves +1mm
-Ferrea Guides & Locks
-GSC Beehive Springs & Retainers
-GSC S2 (272) Camshafts
-Cosworth Head Gasket
-ARP CA625+ Headstuds
-Denso IKH24 Spark Plugs (2 steps colder)

Fueling:
-ID2000 Injectors
-DW65c Fuel Pump In Tank
-Radium Engineering Fuel Surge Tank w/ 2 walboro 485 submerged
-Vibrant -6an feed and return lines w/ vibrant fittings
-Aeromotive Fuel Regulator (red)
-Agency Power Fuel Rails (red)
-Aeromotoive inline fuel filter 6 Micron

Induction/Turbo/Cooling:
-ETS Rotated Turbo Kit
-Precision Gen2 6466 V-Band Turbo, hot side ceramic coated, compressor cover powder coated Perl White
-ETS Black Anodized FMIC 4’’ Core, 3’’ Black Piping (AIT bung and tial flange) (white powder coated clamps) (speed density)
-AEM AIT Sensor
-Tial QR BOV
-Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Controller
-Crawford FMIC Rotated AOS
-Koyo Radiator & Cap
-Samco Radiator Hoses (black)

Exhaust:
-Killer B Holy Header (ceramic coated)
-ETS Rotated Up-pipe w/ Tial 44mm EWG (red)
-ETS Catless Rotated Down-pipe
-Invidia Q300 Rolled Titanium Tips CBE (kartboy extra long exhaust hangers)

Drivetrain:
-Clutchmaster FX400 6-Puck Clutch
-Kartboy STS w/ all Bushings

Gauge Setup:
+SMY Clustermaker
-AEM Air/Fuel Ratio Wideband Gauge
-AEM Boost Gauge
+JCS 3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod
-AEM Oil Pressure Gauge
-AEM Fuel Pressure Gauge
-3rd hole closed for now but eventually ECR Gauge

Tuning:
Pro-Tuned by JR @ Prime Motoring
*Pump Gas- 450whp/420wtq
*E85- 575whp/540wtq

Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes:
-Airlift V2 Performance Air Ride Kit w/ Dual Viaar 380c Compressors, single 5 gallon tank & water traps (tank paint matched)
-Whiteline Front and Rear 24mm Adjustable Sway Bars
-Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks
-Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Dif Positive Power Kit Bushings
-Whiteline Rear Positive Traction Kit
-SBC Rear Control Arms
-18x9.5+30 Enkei Kojins (Powder Coated Copper)
-Sumitomo HTZIII 265/35/18
-Muteki SR34 Neo-Chrome Closed End Lugnuts
-Hubcentric Rings 56.1 to 76
-Stoptech Drilled & Slotted F&R Rotors
-Hawk HPS Pads
-Stoptech SS Lines
-Grimmspeed master Cylinder Brace
-Motul SP600 Brake Fluid

My PTE6266 vs. my old Blouch Dom4.0XTR

See less See more
#360 ·
Faaaak that sucks man. Sorry to hear. Least you're handling it now while you can. Doin things right.

#362 ·
S**t just got real!! Picked up my new parts today. Still missing a few but it'll all be here soon!

Lots of new goodies!!!!

ETS Rotated Turbo Kit

PTE6266

Ceramic Coated Hotside

ETS Black Anodized 4" Front Mount Intercooler

Aeromotive Fuel Reg

ID2000cc Injectors

Walboro 485 Fuel Pump w/ E85 Kit

Grimmspeed Manual Boost Controller (Hybrid Setup)

Agency Power EL Header (Getting ceramic coated)

#364 ·
Big shout out to High Intake Performance in West Orange NJ! They gave me awesome prices and Erik is a great dude to work with! I'm more then happy to represent them!!! If anyone needs parts, look them up! Check out High Intake Performance on Facebook!

#366 ·
Holy **** that turbo is large. Can't wait to see this build.

So the new DP will be held on with V-Band clamps?

#377 ·
Just got word, my block and all the parts are in! I'm just waiting on Fuel Rails from Agency Power, then I'll be bringing all my parts to Rallispec and assembly should be getting started! Hopefully no more then 2 weeks and it's back up and running!!!

#381 ·
just noticed ur from NJ... I'm doing a build myself and was trying to get peoples experienced opinions on the best tuners in nj, right now im talking to precision, sorry I don't have the time to read through ur whole thread to find out if u mention something about tuning..
Thanks man. Appreciate it!!!

Depends on how big of a build you are doing. If youre doing a simple stage 2 + build. Ya precision is fine, they are good guys and do good work. if you're going to try and make some real nice reliable power, gtfo of NJ! Nothing good will come out of NJ (automotive wise). lol However, I went to Rallispec which is like on the border of NJ and Philly but I consider it Philly although it's still 100% NJ. lol This is my first time dealing with them but I know many of people who have dealt with them and have nothing but good things to say about them. I've seen some real dope subies come out of Rallispec and they last a long ass time!

So basically it all comes down to preference and where you are going with the car.

Idk what kind of build you are doing, but I have a **** ton of parts for sale from my last build if you are interested. Feel free to check it out, we can meet up and I can give you my opinion on shops and what not.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/perso...aust-turbo-setup-ewg-dp-tmic-fueling-f-s.html
-Frank

#386 ·
Yeah it's all good man. Well idk if you looked at my f/s thread, but I have alot of the things you want.

ID1000cc Inejctors
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
Tomei UEL Header & Up-Pipe
P&L Cold Air Intake
Spearco TMIC

If you're interested in any of it, let me know, I'll give you a good deal on what you want.

As far as your goal, that's totally attainable! 300-350 on pump with all bolt-on. If you pick the right tuner, you'll be able to make and hold that power reliably too!

Pm me if you're interested in any of the parts.

-Frank

#388 ·
Koyo Radiator, Koyo Radiator Cap, Samco Radiator Hoses, ARP CA625 Headstuds ordered! Idk what else there is to even get. So I am done.

The amount of anxiety I get from this car is annoying! But hopefully it pays off in the end!

#391 ·
Ok I'm pissed Mr. Januch. I'm on the mega bus going to chicago and I just flipped through 26 pages of your mods thread on this slow ass wifi looking for some picks of your audio set up, mainly subs, only to find nothing. My neck hurts now! I'm jk'ing, but I'm an audio guy and was curious about ur set up in the trunk.

I know it's not polite to ask but after going through all the stuff u did to this sti, you've got to wonder how much? Like how much was all the parts and labor on the set up while running just 93, before u swapped out all the parts for the new e85 rig.

And yes, ur car is sweet. If I lived closer to u, I would love to see it.

#397 ·
Picked up the turbo housing today from powder coat. Powder coated perl white with a top coat to make it look more like subaru perl white. It's not a perfect match, but it should look sick under the hood!

#401 ·
#402 ·
So I went from trying to use some of the old parts and getting some new (rods, block, head studs, etc.) to buying all new everything. The Turbo-Tuff I beams that were in the car were scorched up a lot more then I though so I went ahead and just got the brand new Turbo Tuff I-Beams from Manley.

So now, everything in this motor is 100% new now. No excuses this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.