2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 6
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 90crxfreak the tech inspection isn't that great yet there isn't much enforcement of the rules either. but ...

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    the tech inspection isn't that great yet there isn't much enforcement of the rules either. but if i was bracket racing and I saw I was way in front I'd hit the brakes too
    Wasn't bracket racing. It was head up.
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just read the rules....it can run 8 seconds, it just has to looks stock..... hence stock appearing.

just read the rules....it can run 8 seconds, it just has to looks stock..... hence stock appearing.
    It didn't say that on the sheet I read that they gave me! But it's not a big deal. I'm not complaining, I was just saying. I had a good time and I'm happy I made it that far!

There was a lot more than 16 cars lol. And there was more rules added on the paper they gave us at the gate. Like "stock lookin turbo" lol. And what was weird was, at tech they said if your running this class and don't have stock turbo you have to have a jacket lol. All the Evo's I ran against, were wearing jackets! lol

that's because they all probably said they had a stock turbo. Tech doesn't check turbo's, its just too ridiculous to pop the hood for every car and check for number all over the motor to see if its stock.

that's because they all probably said they had a stock turbo. Tech doesn't check turbo's, its just too ridiculous to pop the hood for every car and check for number all over the motor to see if its stock.
    No, I agree with you. All I'm saying is, you could blatantly tell that those EVO's weren't "stock looking". I'm not running a stock turbo either lol, but my car looks extremely stock!

Ha that one WRX has Vette wheels on it???

Looks like it was a ton of fun...I would have loved to have gone.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Ha that one WRX has Vette wheels on it???

Looks like it was a ton of fun...I would have loved to have gone.
    It was a good time! Hey theres always next year lol.

Registered User CharlieBronson08's Avatar
    What PSI are you running? And what was the tq? I was thinking about a TMIC like the Spearco. I keep getting lost in this whole FMIC vs. TMIC debate. Just like the what brand of oil is the best oil debate.

Car looks sick. Never seen the lights in the hood scoop. Like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBronson08 View Post
    What PSI are you running? And what was the tq? I was thinking about a TMIC like the Spearco. I keep getting lost in this whole FMIC vs. TMIC debate. Just like the what brand of oil is the best oil debate.

Just replied in your other thread. Something like the Spearco and the Processwest would be excellent TMICs for you with a 20G. A 20G is also very capable of running with an FMIC as well since it is pushing more volume air. It will be able to adequately pressurize the tubing/core better than smaller turbos obviously so you shouldn't lose much spool. It will cool better due to less heatsoak in the engine bay as well. However, you'd lose even less with a TMIC, yet won't be *as efficient* as an FMIC. So yeah, it's a tossup.

Meanwhile, I have an Injen Phantom FMIC ready to go onto my stock VF39 STI
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBronson08 View Post

Currently at 390wtq and I went with tmic bc I'm not a big fan of fmic and I honestly didn't wanna hack up my front bumper. But, if your main goal is power and you wanna make the most out of it, go front mount. It's a personal opinion and many people will argue for each and against each. I got persuaded more towards staying front mount, so thats what I stayed with and I'm happy I made that decision. And I agree 100% with Mikie13!

plus being in the east we have those random snows in october that dumps 6''. lots of snow = not good for fmic

plus being in the east we have those random snows in october that dumps 6''. lots of snow = not good for fmic
    Why would snow effect a front mount? Do you plan on snow plowing with your front bumper? lol Snow is no different then if it were raining out, except its colder.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Why would snow effect a front mount? Do you plan on snow plowing with your front bumper? lol Snow is no different then if it were raining out, except its colder.

Probably been watching too much WRC (if there is such a thing). Although they're mostly v-mounts, snow blocked intercoolers is common when the hit a bank nose first.