2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 5
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by cflip2x I knew I saw the car before when I saw it at the shop. Hope its ...

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I knew I saw the car before when I saw it at the shop. Hope its working out well for you.
    Where did you see it? Nightshift? And the car gets tuned tuesday so hopefully it works out
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup at Nightshft (or land of Evo's) I was there a few times this month using the Dyno. I recognized the sticker on the rear passengers window
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Yup at Nightshft (or land of Evo's) I was there a few times this month using the Dyno. I recognized the sticker on the rear passengers window
    hahahhaa, yupp thats me, and yes EVO on EVO on EVO there! Where in Jersey are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    What do you mean by toe? Sorry no very knowledgable when it comes to suspension! And I know that it's necessary to do an alignment when I change suspension, well coils at least.
    usually when you lower a car camber is affected, but being new to subarus i can see how i could be wrong...

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp)

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    usually when you lower a car camber is affected, but being new to subarus i can see how i could be wrong...

Our strut design causes the toe to be changed along with ride height... along with camber. There could have been some suspension changes along the way of course. I am fairly sure it will only be a large issue in the front of older models... where as newer models with the wish bone suspension will also have the issue in the rear.

I have a hard time explaining the relationship between height and toe. Some reading on McPherson strut design will do a much better job than I could at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Im in the Hillside but usually can be seen in morris county area
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Im in the Hillside but usually can be seen in morris county area
    Nice man, well if you know of any meets or anything lemme know and we can meet up!

Awesome day at EVO vs STi day!!!! Finished 4th overall in my class and was the only Subie to make it past the 2nd round. Got be by a fast ass EVO in the Semi's. But overall still had a real fun day!! Had some boost problems with my car that I couldn't get sorted, so the car cut out every pass at the top of fourth gear. Best time was a 12.5@113mph. Hopefully with the car running good and some cool weather, I can get into the 11's!

Me getting spanked by the EVO and him sand baggin it for the next round! (click the link)
    http://s1099.photobucket.com/albums/...psb6a66d93.mp4

As usual, that was one fast Evo. With all the mods you have I'd expect a better trap than 113?
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    As usual, that was one fast Evo. With all the mods you have I'd expect a better trap than 113?
    I know, the thing was friggen fast! And like I stated, the car was having boosting problems and cut out at the top of 4th gear on every pass! So once I hit like 115mph the car shut off and check CEL's came on lol.

Me getting spanked by the EVO and him sand baggin it for the next round!
    not sand baggin. he saw that he was way ahead of you and he could have broke out so he put on the brakes.....

i kind of miss working there -_-

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    not sand baggin. he saw that he was way ahead of you and he could have broke out so he put on the brakes.....

i kind of miss working there -_-
    No, believe me he was, this was a stock appearing class and the 3 EVO's ahead of me, were all on slicks. And ran low, low 11's. They were all fully built with big turbos! Not really stock appearing. I don't understand why they were in that class but w.e. But yet ppl can say why was I in that class. It's all good tho, I had a good time.

I know, the thing was friggen fast! And like I stated, the car was having boosting problems and cut out at the top of 4th gear on every pass! So once I hit like 115mph the car shut off and check CEL's came on lol.
    It's not uncommon to see an Evo in the 10's or even 9's at my local track. I've actually see a stock turbo Evo run 11's. You should be well into the 11's if the car is running right.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    It's not uncommon to see an Evo in the 10's or even 9's at my local track. I've actually see a stock turbo Evo run 11's. You should be well into the 11's if the car is running right.
    yeah it's crazy how fast EVO's can be with such little work as long as their done right! And yeah I agree with you 100%. But like I said my car was not right and still isn't.

the tech inspection isn't that great yet there isn't much enforcement of the rules either. but if i was bracket racing and I saw I was way in front I'd hit the brakes too