2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 44
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Every time I look at your thread I need new underwear. This time I need a shower too....

Every time I look at your thread I need new underwear. This time I need a shower too.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Every time I look at your thread I need new underwear. This time I need a shower too.
    Lmao. Well I'm glad my thread has that type of affect on you!
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

Just a little teaser

Suspension is dialed in yet but this is right off the lift from installment.

Still need to bring the front down a little, add a little camber, raise the rear a little and figure out how to un-sink the rear tires. Also need an alignment.

Hopefully have it all dialed in by the end of this week!

Stay tuned!

Just a little teaser

Suspension isn't dialed in yet but this is right off the lift from installment.

Still need to bring the front down a little, add a little camber, raise the rear a little and figure out how to un-sink the rear tires. Also need an alignment.

Hopefully have it all dialed in by the end of this week!

Stay tuned!

If anyone is interested, my BC BR Coils are for sale. Willing to ship, pick-up preferred!
    FS: (For Sale) BC BR Coilovers 08+STi - NASIOC

Here's a little update with my car btw….

Suspension isn't fully set to how I want it, but I'l be installing control arms today and going for an alignment very soon. Front needs to come down about and inch and the rear needs less camber….. who woulda thought. Bags!!!

Still no fittings yet for the surge tank, vibrant is taking forever and it's really getting aggravating because the fuel issues are really starting to arise!

If anyone is interested, my BC BR Coils are for sale. Willing to ship, pick-up preferred!
    FS: (For Sale) BC BR Coilovers 08+STi - NASIOC

Here's a little update with my car btw….

Suspension isn't fully set to how I want it, but I'l be installing control arms today and going for an alignment very soon. Front needs to come down about and inch and the rear needs less camber….. who woulda thought. Bags!!!

Still no fittings yet for the surge tank, vibrant is taking forever and it's really getting aggravating because the fuel issues are really starting to arise!

Looks pretty good. Do you raise it up when driving?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Looks pretty good. Do you raise it up when driving?
    Yes, it raises up! The pictures are of aired out

Hey guys, so I know I've brought this up before and forgot if it was answered or not, but I plan to install the surge tank very very soon. My only question is, within the fuel basket, at the top, there are 3 nipples. One is feed, one is return and one is a vent. Can someone clarify to me which one is which. Is it labeled on the fuel basket? Are there like arrows pointing which way the fuel travels? Any input would be great! Thanks guys!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I've always been intrigued by air-ride suspension, but not 100% convinced of the capability. In theory, air ride should provide fantastic adjust-ability and an excellent cross between performance and comfort. However, it seems as though the technology is used merely to "lay frame" and other ignorant behavior .

Can you give a review on the performance capability of the suspension, cornering, and how it can handle track days?

I feel that magnetorheological shocks are similar but provide better response.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I've always been intrigued by air-ride suspension, but not 100% convinced of the capability. In theory, air ride should provide fantastic adjust-ability and an excellent cross between performance and comfort. However, it seems as though the technology is used merely to "lay frame" and other ignorant behavior .

Can you give a review on the performance capability of the suspension, cornering, and how it can handle track days?

Unfortunately I have not gotten the suspension fully tuned in and aligned properly to bring it for a track day. I had to get rear control arms and just waiting to finish up the fuel system and trunk setup before getting the car completely aligned and corner balanced, possibly. Once that is all set in, I do plan on doing some track day events, which I will give a nice review of the suspension.

Otherwise, as far as street performance, I am beyond impressed. Cornering is unbelievable, daily driving is very comfortable, dampening isn't the greatest, but for what it is, it does the job, bump steer kit will help quite a bit but I don't feel like spending the money. There is a video by air lift and their sti at the track. I suggest you watch it. Amazing how the suspension performs on a fairly big track.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post

Have you ever driven a late 80s early 90s Lincoln Continental? They had an air ride type suspension, once you hit highway speed the car lowered itself for more efficient ride and center of gravity. The downside if you blew on of the struts, the car it dropped like a hydraulic on three wheels. Still fun to drive.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    Have you ever driven a late 80s early 90s Lincoln Continental? They had an air ride type suspension, once you hit highway speed the car lowered itself for more efficient ride and center of gravity. The downside if you blew on of the struts, the car it dropped like a hydraulic on three wheels. Still fun to drive.
    I've never personally drove one but I know what it was like lol. You can actually do that with these setups but you got to be careful because we run big wheels tires so if you go to low, you're going to rub like crazy. If I'm cursing on the highway, I can drop a few psi in each bag and the car rides sooo smooth. Down side, as soon as I need to slow down or approach bumps, I rub on everything unless I air it up a little. It's really cool technology though.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How much noise does it make?
    And can you post some pics of your compressor set up?
    I'd like to see the inside of your trunk.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.