2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 43
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by WRX-maniac You sir, owe me one new pair of pants. But on a more serious note. Car ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    You sir, owe me one new pair of pants. But on a more serious note. Car looks amazing. Glad to see that everything took a turn for the better instead of the worse this time around. Hopefully you are enjoying that beast. BTW, thanks for the new desktop pic.
    Hahaha, thanks dude. It's definitely nice to enjoy it! Just want to make some power now. Not a problem!
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Couple shots of mine and a buddies car from import expo this past weekend. Getting a little better with my camera… Still lots of room for improvements.

On a side note, I'll be going for my pump gas tune today around noon, wish me luck!

Damn that metallic matte brick red is one of the sexiest colors I've ever seen.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

So I got to Prime yesterday to go tune the car. As soon as I get there, their dyno breaks (nothing they can do, not their fault)…..So we decided to street tune the car. First few pulls had a few little issues but nothing that wasn't easily fixed. Started turning up the boost and settled at 21psi. Not exactly sure what the numbers are, but probably in the 380-420whp range with torque being similar. Overall ecstatic with how the car is performing. Pulls super smooth, strong and comes onto boost a lot sooner then I expected. Also, with plenty of room for more power. I decided to keep it nice and tone the way it is since I'd like to enjoy the car for a little like this and get use to the power again. When the new fuel setup comes in, maybe we'll turn the boost up a little and see what it can do on pump. Then whenever I'm ready, we'll throw some E85 in and see really what the car can do.

Although it's only been one day of having the car, it's honestly very nice to finally say I am enjoying my car! Huge shout out to JR and all the guys at Prime Motoring! I've delt with several shops throughout this cars history as you guys know and no shop has been able to accommodate me like Prime Motoring has! I would 100% recommend them to any car enthusiast looking for a great shop with cool employees that know their ****! Plus it's a shop that can do it all. Get your parts, build it and tune it.

Thanks to everyone who has been following my thread! The support has been great! Stay tuned for more updates within the next few weeks!

Awesome!!!

I was so scared because all I saw was a wall of text, which usually doesn't bode well for some reason or another. I was afraid there was another engine build issue. But lo and behold, you're good!

Can't wait to see what you're doing on the dyno next!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Awesome!!!

I was so scared because all I saw was a wall of text, which usually doesn't bode well for some reason or another. I was afraid there was another engine build issue. But lo and behold, you're good!

Can't wait to see what you're doing on the dyno next!
    Ahahahaha, yeah I'm really happy with the car where it's at and knowing the fact there's plenty more room for improvement is even better. I'll keep it like this for a little and see how it goes.

Goodies went out for powder coating today. Should be back early next week! Can't wait to see how they look!

BC BR Coilovers are for sale. Let me know if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    In fact in 2008 Subaru stopped using German made brembos.
    Wait, aren't Brembo's made in Italy?

I Support ClubWRX
    Super happy to hear that the tune went well! The car is looking great man!

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Wait, aren't Brembo's made in Italy?
    Where did this come from?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Super happy to hear that the tune went well! The car is looking great man!
    Thanks dude. Just wait a couple more days. New setup going on

Quote Originally Posted by Januch09 View Post
    Where did this come from?!?!
    Post #19

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Post #19
    Oh dear lord. You're bringing it wayyyyyy back ahahahhaa I don't even recall that conversation happening lmao.

Just an update for everyone. Car is still running pretty damn good! Been doing some pretty hard pulls and judging by how the car runs and the readings from gauges and data logs, it seems to be running very healthy. Starts up really nice, idles really nice (for pump gas and ID2000's), when cruising the car seems to drive like a stock car which is amazing, and then once I put my foot in it, it just goes! Extremely impressed with spool also, was expecting it to start spooling much later then it does. Obviously it's no 20g stock location, but for a big rotated turbo, I'm very happy with my power band.

Car goes in tomorrow to get the air ride and new trunk setup started. Hopefully won't be down for too long. Very excited for the air ride setup as it's been something I've wanted to do for over a year now but my car has never been able to run properly enough for me to spend the money on something I like compared to stuff I need, i.e. engine parts…I also think I'm going to have Prime put my surge tank and fuel lines in. Been having stumbling issues when lower then 1/2 tank of gas, so I'm thinking the surge tank will clear that up. I don't really have much time to do it myself, so while the car is there, will pronely just let Prime do it.

Lastly, had a blast at Tuner Evolution yesterday! Got to meet and see a real lot of really awesome custom and different subies! I brought my camera with me and was able to get a few of the model to pose in front of my car when walking by ahahahha Not the greatest quality pictures, but hey, I'm happy with them!

Enjoy!

Just an update for everyone. Car is still running pretty damn good! Been doing some pretty hard pulls and judging by how the car runs and the readings from gauges and data logs, it seems to be running very healthy. Starts up really nice, idles really nice (for pump gas and ID2000's), when cruising the car seems to drive like a stock car which is amazing, and then once I put my foot in it, it just goes! Extremely impressed with spool also, was expecting it to start spooling much later then it does. Obviously it's no 20g stock location, but for a big rotated turbo, I'm very happy with my power band.

Car goes in tomorrow to get the air ride and new trunk setup started. Hopefully won't be down for too long. Very excited for the air ride setup as it's been something I've wanted to do for over a year now but my car has never been able to run properly enough for me to spend the money on something I like compared to stuff I need, i.e. engine parts…I also think I'm going to have Prime put my surge tank and fuel lines in. Been having stumbling issues when lower then 1/2 tank of gas, so I'm thinking the surge tank will clear that up. I don't really have much time to do it myself, so while the car is there, will pronely just let Prime do it.

Lastly, had a blast at Tuner Evolution yesterday! Got to meet and see a real lot of really awesome custom and different subies! I brought my camera with me and was able to get a few of the model to pose in front of my car when walking by ahahahha Not the greatest quality pictures, but hey, I'm happy with them!

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.