2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) - Page 41
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STi Sedan Build Thread (400+whp) within the Builds forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well the car is back and running good so far. Prime did a great job at fixing all my issues ...

Well the car is back and running good so far. Prime did a great job at fixing all my issues and so far so good. Put about 50 miles on it so far and no apparent issues. No oil leaks, no roughness, idles nice, drives nice, etc. Going to drive it for a good 300-400 miles then do an oil change. Then another 600-700 miles followed by an oil change right before the dyno.
    Break in will be done over the next few weeks and then time for dyno as long as no more issues occur.

So the verdict of the issues were:
    -Thicker head gasket
    -Adjustable pulleys
    -New cam gears (4)
    -New AVCS sensors and gaskets
    -New intake manifold to TGV gaskets (4)
    -TGV's needed some cleaning up
    -New cosworth piston rings & clips
    -Sealant on the cams to stop the oil leaking
    -New cam seals

As of right now, I plan on giving the car a real nice detail and enjoying it while on break-in. Not having much power sucks, but at least my car is running and I can drive it. I'll post up some pictures tomorrow after I clean it real good and maybe even detail it tomorrow.

Thanks for following this thread and hopefully good things come from here!

Other then that, I have a quick question for some people. So I tried putting in the new resistors I got for the seats and the airbag light still will not go off. The resistors rear 3.3 on my multi-meter so I know they are good, but I can't seem to get the airbag light to go off. Any suggestions for the people who've swapped seats?

Thanks
    2011 STi----------PTE6266--------Fully Built---------ETS--------E85

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You might have to put the resistors in and then use a scan tool to reset the srs light.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    You might have to put the resistors in and then use a scan tool to reset the srs light.
    The new resistors are in already. And a normal scan tool can reset that? Any idea of someone who has one?

Usually any shop that does major work will have one, or you can take it to the dealer for them to reset. Most places will do it for free not sure about the dealer. Or you can just disconnect the battery terminals.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

I'll try disconnecting the battery tomorrow and leaving it off for a little while to see if that works. Hopefully it does.

Thanks man!

No problem, hope to see the car running 100%!
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by anpato View Post
    No problem, hope to see the car running 100%!
    I'll let you know how I make out tomorrow with it. Thanks dude! hopefully I get a good run from here

Awesome man! Glad to see things are looking up for your car! Hopefully things work out this time around!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Awesome man! Glad to see things are looking up for your car! Hopefully things work out this time around!
    Thanks man! Hopefully

On a side not, I was able to transfer the bladder for the passenger seat as well as put new resistors in and I disconnected the battery while doing so. After I installed everything, plugged the battery back in, started the car up and it works perfectly! No airbag light, no seatbelt light once the seat belts are buckled up. All works flawlessly and no annoying chimes!

Thanks for the help guys!

I started my detail process today also. Used a new Nanoskin pad on my porter cable to remove all the debris and contamination in the paint. Much faster and easier then claybar. Nice and smooth now. Also, cleaned up the interior and detailed the dash trim and all plastic pieces. Tomorrow I'll do a full swirl removal with Adams 2 step polishing kit and microfiber cutting pads. Also have some Menzerna FG400 that I'll use on the roof where the swirls are bad. Followed by some Collinite insulator wax. Should be looking real good tomorrow!

Car is still running great and no apparent oil leaks noticeable. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few days. Break-in continues.

Here's some relevant pics!

Was able to get a few quick pics of her today.

Was able to get a few quick pics of her today.

Btw, if anyone can help me out this would be great! I'm looking for an 08+ (so it fits my car) fuel pump assembly. It needs to have no mods to it at all. Either had or has a dw65c in it or a stock pump (not really interested in the pump unless it's a dw65c).

The reason for this is, I'll be running a surge tank setup. I currently have a walboro 485 in tank and I'm getting surging issues and running th pump dry from swashing. So I want to run the walboro submerged in the surge tank and run a stock fuel pump assembly with a dw65c in it. Since my fuel pump assembly is modded, it'll be such a hassle to get the dw65c to fit, so I just need a stock one!

Please let me know if you have one or know anyone that has one that will give, trade, or sell to me! I need one asap so please keep me posted!

Thanks

Btw, if anyone can help me out this would be great! I'm looking for an 08+ (so it fits my car) fuel pump assembly. It needs to have no mods to it at all. Either had or has a dw65c in it or a stock pump (not really interested in the pump unless it's a dw65c).

The reason for this is, I'll be running a surge tank setup. I currently have a walboro 485 in tank and I'm getting surging issues and running th pump dry from swashing. So I want to run the walboro submerged in the surge tank and run a stock fuel pump assembly with a dw65c in it. Since my fuel pump assembly is modded, it'll be such a hassle to get the dw65c to fit, so I just need a stock one!

Please let me know if you have one or know anyone that has one that will give, trade, or sell to me! I need one asap so please keep me posted!

Thanks

Was able to pick up a fuel pump hanger today for pretty cheap. Really excited. DW65 will be here tomorrow. I got the surge tank yesterday and am very happy with it. Just waiting on fuel lines and fitting to come in.

Also ordered a new front O2 sensor which should be here late this week.

Checked the oil again today and hasn't burned a drop. No oil leaks or coolant leaks anywhere.

Other then that, car seems pretty strong. Break in map is a little rough, but we'll clear everything up on the dyno soon. Car has 600 miles on it now and nothing out of the ordinary that I can really see or feel.